Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 8th January 2009, 15:53   #1
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough
Default 2G iphone help

i want application for my iphone, but am scared that if i buy them it will lock my phone up, the last tiem i connected to iyunes or apple store uk, it locked my iphone up then i had to pay another £20 to get it unlocked again. please help.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 16:12   #2
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Are applications really worth having to get it all unlocked again?
Best bet is asking on an iPhone forum.
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 16:16   #3
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

unlocking is free and easy. No need to pay.

Depends on what firmware you are using and how you set up itunes.

If your running anything less than 2.2 firmware then you MUST set itunes to not auto update the software or it will download and install 2.2, wiping all your data and returning it to its locked state.

If your runnin 1.1.x then you can install Installer and then from that Cydia. This will give you access to free apps that people make. Some might not work or might blow up and take half your arm with it (not true)

However 2.2 is now fully jailbroken and unlockable. I would recommend backing up your iphone through Itunes then updating to 2.2 firmware and then using the Quickpwn tool to jailbreak it. This will active the phone for you AND install Cydia and Installer. However 2.2 will give you access to the Apple App store where some apps and free and others are pay only. If your running on anything other than 02 then you will need to unlock using iphonedevs recently released yellowsn0 tool which is downloadable via Cydia.

Google iphonedev team. or go here> http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 08:11   #4
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

thanx mate, and yes mine is 2.1 it always askes me to update to 2.2.
Old 9th January 2009, 10:03   #5
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

You paid twice to have your iPhone unlocked...?

Sucks to be you
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 16:54   #6
SaxoMuffin
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): iTB'd MK2 VTR
SaxoMuffin is on a distinguished road

just get the mobile installation patch.. for 2.1 then u can upgrade to 2.2 without loosing anything then ull be fine with those other applications..
SaxoMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 21:08   #7
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

sucks to be me does it? am not some big IT hacker nut, i never knew i could do it myslef, i did try but couldnt, besides i only payed like £10 each time, hardly a lot.
Old 10th January 2009, 22:22   #8
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post
sucks to be me does it?
yep....
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote