Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 12th September 2009, 14:45   #21
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post
There the sexiest things i have ever seen. Nuff said from me. *dribble*
LOL go look at proper bodies without all the jubilie clips and stuff and you will see more sexyness.

Bike bodies are the cheap route which alot of people are doing these days as shown by the mentioning of several companies offering their conversions.

On topic this threads going to be discussed as it can be percieved as advertising for a business which is against the forum rules unless you are an affiliate.
Old 12th September 2009, 14:46   #22
craigatdyno-developments

craigatdyno-developments is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikevts View Post
how much is the whole kit and wat would i get if my vts is running 157bhp on newman ph3's?
Hi
you should get close to 170 BHP if you match the manifold to the head properly, and get it mapped correctly. the kit will cost you £600 if you want us to supply the TBs too. plus postage

regards

craig
craigatdyno-developments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 15:11   #23
craigatdyno-developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
LOL go look at proper bodies without all the jubilie clips and stuff and you will see more sexyness.

Bike bodies are the cheap route which alot of people are doing these days as shown by the mentioning of several companies offering their conversions.

On topic this threads going to be discussed as it can be percieved as advertising for a business which is against the forum rules unless you are an affiliate.
Hi
Just because bike TBs are a cheaper route doesn't mean they're a lesser route, we have tested various TBs and manifolds, and found bike TBs to be far superior in some cases. Surely performance is more important than looks in my view. If you just want looks go buy MAX POWER !

I have tuned/built & mapped enough engines in my time not to be discouraged by some individuals comments when they know NOTHING !

Regards

Craig Stephens

DYNO-DEVELOPMENTS
Old 12th September 2009, 15:18   #24
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigatdyno-developments View Post
Hi
Just because bike TBs are a cheaper route doesn't mean they're a lesser route, we have tested various TBs and manifolds, and found bike TBs to be far superior in some cases. Surely performance is more important than looks in my view. If you just want looks go buy MAX POWER !

I have tuned/built & mapped enough engines in my time not to be discouraged by some individuals comments when they know NOTHING !

Regards

Craig Stephens

DYNO-DEVELOPMENTS
Ive seen quite alot of bike bodied engines run alot less power, one of the main issues people seem to have has A been getting the manifold and bodies mating properly without having steps in the system which are not warrented (which is mostly when itinially people were just using tubing to mate the two), and then the old faviourite issues with throttle linkages.

So yes thats knowing NOTHING.

If you want to have a discussion then feel free if you want to start an argument then it looks very good for your companies image, as I dont actually recall me saying anything about performance other than the fact that normal bodies without all of the clips and bolt on bits look sexyer

Last edited by Ryan; 12th September 2009 at 15:20.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 15:40   #25
littleracer
Trouble Maker
South East Region Member

Car(s): black citroen saxo mk2 & focus ST '225',merc C180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigatdyno-developments View Post
Hi

Regards

Craig Stephens

DYNO-DEVELOPMENTS

LOLZ @ that comment......oh dear.
littleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 15:45   #26
kevin_172
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): 02 clio 172
kevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team member

sorry ryan but you have a 200bhp saxo vts! that shows you are not worthy! you know NOTHING!
Old 12th September 2009, 15:49   #27
littleracer
Trouble Maker
South East Region Member

Car(s): black citroen saxo mk2 & focus ST '225',merc C180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_172 View Post
sorry ryan but you have a 200bhp saxo vts! that shows you are not worthy! you know NOTHING!
*vt'R'
littleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 15:51   #28
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
People have high spec cars through money it doesnt allways mean they know anything. However I have done some research when i went down the bodied route and have allways taken an interest into different peoples set ups and designs.

So lets not turn this into the usual sax-p kiddiefest
Old 12th September 2009, 15:58   #29
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. When Leda came on here showing off there new suspension there post with treated with great hostility by the mods with there post deleted and the thread locked when all they were doing was showing off a new strut. So why not the same for these guys?

Last edited by AXracing; 12th September 2009 at 16:15.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 15:58   #30
kevin_172
Established Member

Car(s): 02 clio 172
kevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team memberkevin_172 is a well respected team member

oki tho to be fair getting 170 on bike bodies is a good achievement!
Old 12th September 2009, 16:09   #31
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
oki tho to be fair getting 170 on bike bodies is a good achievement!
People have got more power on bike bodies, but they have been totally different cam profiles
Old 12th September 2009, 16:10   #32
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracing View Post
I was thinking the same think. When Leda came on here showing off there new suspension there post with great hostility by the mods with there post deleted and the thread locked when all they were doing was showing off a new strut. So why not the same for these guys?
At the moment there is no direct link to a website, no sales going on just a discussion.

Im discussing it with the guys as im trying to be fair.

AT power had a discussion thread when they released their bodies
Old 12th September 2009, 16:14   #33
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

To be fair to the guy, he probably does know much more than most of us...

The bit of kit looks to be properly designed and thought out, it's a proper solution spacing the bodies correctly etc and looks to be well made. The price isn't bad either considering what parts it comes with. I'm sure something could be negotiated anyway.
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 16:23   #34
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
At the moment there is no direct link to a website, no sales going on just a discussion.

Im discussing it with the guys as im trying to be fair.

AT power had a discussion thread when they released their bodies
I see, Sounds fair enough Bit off topic but I am now wondering why Ledas post was deleted by Mark51 as Leda posted in the correct section were not selling and did not even list a price. This is all that is left of there post http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...highlight=leda It just seems like its our loss to frighten companies such as them away.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:06   #35
craigatdyno-developments

Hi all
I will have to reply to your comments, i must admit to initially taking offence to Ryans first post, But he did slate our product in a way. I have many years of engine development & mapping experience, and a masters degree in motorsport engineering so i do know a little. I admit our TB kit is mated with silicon piping but they are coupled rigidly and none of the fuel/air charge passes through any tubing, also the inlet tract is smoothed by hand and aligned perfectly.

The whole system was designed using CFD and countless hours on a Dyno.

We have only recently started dealing with this engine and are progressing quickly.

No offence was intended, but i think mutual respect would be nice.

Regards

Craig

Dyno-Developments
Old 12th September 2009, 21:33   #36
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

I think if you got some sort of discount for members on here, people may be interested. But they will always go for the cheaper, and although Sandy Browns is only £20 cheaper, its still a saving.

And there is still much cheaper ways of doing this, although it mightent get as good results, but i think people are willing to live with that for the saving.
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:39   #37
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
I think if you got some sort of discount for members on here, people may be interested. But they will always go for the cheaper, and although Sandy Browns is only £20 cheaper, its still a saving.
What most people wont look at though is the position of the bodies on the manifold, and how close the butterfly is to the head etc...

There are many many factors involved in bodies, but I agree the current market they are 'cool' and £££ speaks over most things with a vast proportion of this community

And regarding the slating of the product, I dont quite see how saying that other bodies look better is slating them myself.
Old 12th September 2009, 21:40   #38
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
What most people wont look at though is the position of the bodies on the manifold, and how close the butterfly is to the head etc...

There are many many factors involved in bodies, but I agree the current market they are 'cool' and £££ speaks over most things with a vast proportion of this community
Unfortunatly it is the way know, people are willing to skimp and buy cheaper alternatives even if they arnt as good. CREDIT CRUNCH ANYONE!?

Only just noticed: What are the pieces of poorly cut silicone under the clips for?
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2009, 21:47   #39
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Unfortunatly it is the way know, people are willing to skimp and buy cheaper alternatives even if they arnt as good. CREDIT CRUNCH ANYONE!?

Only just noticed: What are the pieces of poorly cut silicone under the clips for?
Silicone is generally used to attach the bike bodies to the inlet manifold, due to the way the bike bodies are deisnged/made this is generally the easyest way people find to mate the two together.
Old 12th September 2009, 22:06   #40
craigatdyno-developments

Hi guys

we are working on an alternative way of attaching the components as i know it looks better and the majority of people dont like them. Development will continue.

Regards

craig