Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 8th February 2007, 13:53   #1
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 4th Impreza of the year - 391bhp - Audi S4 Avant,
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Connor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team member
Default Xbox 360

Well got invited to a game on xbox live whilst i was playing another game

So i accepted it and the message came up please insert game disc, so i went to do this and the lights on teh front of the xbox went red and i got the error E71 error

This has never happend before, So i phoned microsoft and asked why its happening and they said E71 means that the power supply has come out of the back of the xbox a bit. I checked all this and it was fine but its not happend again and this was 1 week ago

Hope nothing else like this happens

Anyone else had any other problems
Old 8th February 2007, 14:01   #2
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

Nope never had the red lights (yet)

maybe call back and speak with them again because iv just done a google mess and its come back with this mate..

Quote:
E71: possibly a dashboard update error, there is no solution at present the console must be sent back to MS for repair

Has this happend since doign the dashboard update?
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2007, 14:08   #3
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Connor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team member

nope never happend before not had any problems

Yea when i searched it they said basically E71= xbox 360 death lol

My mate said that xbox have gave out a bad update and its messing everyones consoles up but i dont know if thats just a chinease whisper

When i phoned xbox they said any more problems and we will replace the console so i may give thema phone
Old 8th February 2007, 14:11   #4
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

I hear the turn around from Microsoft is very good but im 99% sure you can take it back to the shop you bought it from and they will replace it there and then.

Dont forget to keep your harddrive tho...dont wana be losing your saved games.
Old 8th February 2007, 14:21   #5
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

yea i kniow

thing is i cant find my receipt for argos

i think i have it on my bank statement tho would that be enough
Old 8th February 2007, 15:47   #6
Chris_F
Established Member
Yorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): 03' Saxo VTS MKII
Chris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to behold

yeah worth a try matey,

but some places only want to see the receipt and nothing else.

Im having something like the same problem im plying a game online or offline and then box comes up saying disc unreadable, try cleaning disc,

its either a hard drive fault or the lens is fooked.

is it true leckie that the shop should just replace the xbox no problem?

Chris' VTS Progress Threadhttp://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49374
Chris_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2007, 15:49   #7
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ye i think so as they weill send it off to be repaired for you.

Try it and find out lol
Old 8th February 2007, 15:53   #8
Chris_F
Established Member

Chris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to beholdChris_F is a splendid one to behold

yeah i got it from pc world, they have replaced items no problem before,

its just i cant get any further on gears of war cos the disc just stops warning sign pops up "unreadable disc", send me back to dashboard, then i have to start gears from the last checkpoint again and again, lol

Chris' VTS Progress Threadhttp://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49374
Old 8th February 2007, 16:05   #9
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

only that disc? maybe its a faulty game?
Old 8th February 2007, 16:13   #10
Chris_F
Established Member

yeah i thought that until now its started doing it with neally all my games, started to piss me right off, lol

Old 8th February 2007, 16:17   #11
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

lol - have you moved the case while the disc was spinning, from its bottom to the side?
Old 8th February 2007, 16:20   #12
Chris_F
Established Member

no, thats what causes the circular scratches to the game, its always lied down and never moved since i bought it lol,

unless the brother has been pissin bout with it, lol

Old 9th February 2007, 07:30   #13
Chris_F
Established Member

how easy is it to take the hard drive out?, ive never tried, as i want to keep all my saved games and data, when replacing the console

Old 9th February 2007, 07:58   #14
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

not hard it just unclips mate, 2 sec job. push the button in on it and it will just pop off
Old 9th February 2007, 08:11   #15
GrantW
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): None...
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post

Im having something like the same problem im plying a game online or offline and then box comes up saying disc unreadable, try cleaning disc,

its either a hard drive fault or the lens is fooked.
My mate's xbox was doing the same thing, turns out the machine was faulty and was scratching the discs. He took it back and got it replaced, and the new 1 was fine for a few months, and now its started doing it again so hes going to take that back as well!

Only thing is, they only replace the machine, not all the discs that it scratches, so he's having to buy gears of war and oblivion again which is a bit shit.
Old 9th February 2007, 11:34   #16
Chris_F
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffari View Post
My mate's xbox was doing the same thing, turns out the machine was faulty and was scratching the discs. He took it back and got it replaced, and the new 1 was fine for a few months, and now its started doing it again so hes going to take that back as well!

Only thing is, they only replace the machine, not all the discs that it scratches, so he's having to buy gears of war and oblivion again which is a bit shit.
Yeah cheers matey, phoned pcworld up where i got it from and they have no prblems replacing it.

would never thought the xbox with it being made by microsoft would have so many faults with the damn thing.

yeah my gears of war is scrashed to death becauseof it, going to try and take it back to game and see if i can get a replacement, doubt it though.

Old 9th February 2007, 12:53   #17
Certi
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Civic Type R
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!Certi is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_F View Post
would never thought the xbox with it being made by microsoft would have so many faults with the damn thing.
I'm hoping that was meant to be sarcasm. It's because it's made by Microsoft that its full of faults. I'm on my second 360 because the harddrive was fooked on my first one when I bought it. Had a couple of problems with the new one freezing and crashing, but seems OK now.
Certi is offline   Reply With Quote