Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 15th June 2007, 18:29   #1
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!
Default Unsure of what vtr engine you have - please read

Unsure of what vtr engine you have - then please read.

The saxo vtr was produced with 3 different engines.

these are as follows
1 - 1996-1998 Blacktop cover = 90bhp

2 - 1998-2001 Silvertop cover with catalytic convertor under the car, 1 plug ecu = 90bhp

3 - 2001-2004 Silvertop cover with catalytic convertor in manifold, 3 plug ecu, = 98bhp

as you can see the two silver tops can be seen differently from the location of the dipstick, the inlet system and the fact its a 3 plug ecu.
Old 15th June 2007, 18:40   #2
mallboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): MK1 VTR TURBO
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
mallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud ofmallboy has much to be proud of

great sticky mate, i bet people will still ask tho!!lol
Old 15th June 2007, 20:52   #3
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

you are bored

good work though
Old 15th June 2007, 20:53   #4
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

i had wrote one the other day just not finished editing it, then see you beat me to it
Old 15th June 2007, 20:54   #5
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

mayswel add the 98bhp was feb 2001 onwards with tax at £125 a year, 90 bhp models are £175 a year
Old 17th June 2007, 17:42   #6
B+B
Established Member
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Clio 1.6 GT, Vectra 2.2 SRI. ex saxo furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!

I have a silver top Furio 2000reg 90hp? can anyone tell me where the engine number is stamped on the engine? not the vin plate number.
Thanks
Old 17th June 2007, 17:48   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+B View Post
I have a silver top Furio 2000reg 90hp? can anyone tell me where the engine number is stamped on the engine? not the vin plate number.
Thanks
theres no such thing as a 90bhp furio.
Old 17th June 2007, 17:55   #8
saunders
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Fiat Seicento, MK2 Furio 2000 X, Pug 206
saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!saunders is absolutely fabulous!

Im afraid there only 75 Bhp mate
Old 17th June 2007, 18:06   #9
B+B
Established Member

B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!B+B is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunders View Post
Im afraid there only 75 Bhp mate
This is the reason I want to check the engine number, its the same as the 2nd piccy in this thread, dipstick on right-single plug ecu-cat in downpipe etc, its just it used to belong to a citroen service managers son and has had a lot of work done on it, uprated shocks & steering and antiroll bars, so maybe the engines been swapped? just like to check.
Old 17th June 2007, 18:09   #10
doubledavies
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

doubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This is the reason I want to check the engine number, its the same as the 2nd piccy in this thread, dipstick on right-single plug ecu-cat in downpipe etc, its just it used to belong to a citroen service managers son and has had a lot of work done on it, uprated shocks & steering and antiroll bars, so maybe the engines been swapped? just like to check.
the V5 document would have had to be changed!

the engines are the same just a different bore! the inlet mani is slightly different (on mine anyway) + some other small details
doubledavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 18:10   #11
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
no furios have a silver cam cover.

they look the same basically becasue they are, only the furio is a 1400 as opposed to a 1600
Old 17th June 2007, 18:13   #12
B+B
Established Member

Yes I noticed the old air box (which I took off) and the throttle body is the same as the 3rd piccy.
Old 17th June 2007, 18:15   #13
doubledavies
Established Member

doubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to beholddoubledavies is a splendid one to behold

so the TB is the same as the 3rd pic yet everything else is the same as the second pic?

post yours up
Old 17th June 2007, 18:17   #14
B+B
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledavies View Post
so the TB is the same as the 3rd pic yet everything else is the same as the second pic?

post yours up
This is the 1st pic when I got car in feb,
Old 17th June 2007, 18:18   #15
doubledavies
Established Member

nice tat!

my money is on a furio!

il post mine up if you want

btw that TB looks like it has a cover on it or something?
Old 17th June 2007, 18:20   #16
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

still think furio.

TB is different toatally.
Old 17th June 2007, 18:20   #17
B+B
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledavies View Post
nice tat!

my money is on a furio!

il post mine up if you want

btw that TB looks like it has a cover on it or something?
Thats what I thought, I put the induction unit on btw. would like to see your furio:y the throttle body is as when I got car
btw that tat is on B-Bjnr:

Last edited by B+B; 17th June 2007 at 18:26.
B+B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 18:28   #18
Omar
L-plater

Car(s): Volvo 340R RED UFO Saxo VTRmk2
Omar is on a distinguished road

And what changes should be made in the engine 90bhp that in it became 98 bhp. Appearance at them identical only a final collector different and airfilter.

What else technical changes in nfz from nfx?
Omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 18:30   #19
doubledavies
Established Member

had the "rust" top edition but soon sorted it:

TB:

also have a blocked inlet on the TB?

Old 17th June 2007, 18:33   #20
B+B
Established Member

All I'm trying to find is where is the id number stamped on the engine? then I could be sure of the type it is.