Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 26th December 2013, 23:11   #1
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road
Default GT5 Online To Close

Link

For anyone that hasn't made the move to the new Gran Turisml 6, Gran Turismo 5 online support is being pulled in May.

All of the Resistance games are also losing their online side even earlier (March)
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!

Last edited by GolfJay; 26th December 2013 at 23:21.
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 11:09   #2
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

funny you mentioned that. Yesterday I was wondering how long would you get online servers for games. Guess that's me not bothering with buying gt 6 then.

Currently horrendous server issues with red dead redemption, completely unplayable.

Last edited by Manu; 28th December 2013 at 10:11.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2013, 11:31   #3
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

To be honest, i've been having a few issues with Assassins Creed on the One. Servers are a nightmare!
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2013, 10:27   #4
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Indeed, it is a pain. Though I apologize for derailing the thread already.

I'm the kind of person who prefers to sit back for a while before purchasing a game. That way I don't spend 45 quid on a game, and pick games that have been thoroughly reviewed. I'm barely at 50% on gt5 and need to go online to purchase some of the second hand cars needed to race some of the events. That means I may not be able to start a new game save from scratch and complete the game I paid for in the first place.

Effectively I waited some time before purchasing gt5, then I swapped that for gt5 academy. I am not impressed with this announcement. At the end of the day it took them quite a few years and a quite a few delays to release the game and they pull the plug already. Couldn't care for the resistance games but I'm pretty sure it's going to piss some people off. It may also mean your copy will be worth f all on the second hand market.

It seems like gt6 is what gt5 would have been like if they actually released a fully finished game so fuck paying twice for a patch. And if anyone remembers, before that they were selling a 25 quid demo called gt prologue. It was like 2 tracks, 4 cars and the online multiplayer effectively felt like this:

I certainly won't buy gt6 in a hurry. And that's from someone who preordered Gt 1.

:edit: last but not least, this may cost 15.99 in the future.

7 million credits will be 40 quid.

Last edited by Manu; 28th December 2013 at 10:35.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote