Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Newbies Forum...

Newbies Forum... This is a place for new members to pop in and say Hi... Don't be shy.

Old 1st July 2022, 09:37   #1
Ferg2jz

Car(s): Nissan S14a - 350bhp Nissan S12 - Long ass projec
Ferg2jz is on a distinguished road
Default New to the world of Saxo

How dos' everyone!<br><br>I'm all new to this Saxo stuff, I've always been a jdm guy and got my S14a but I want to build a race car and I really don't want to bin my 14a which I inevitably would do one day.<br><br>A gold saxo 1.1 came in to work as a part ex and I thought of a mystical stars aligning excuse to buy it. Its now called the chicken nugget and it shall be a furious chicken nugget to.<br><br>My better half used to race a vtr in the hot 1600's and swears by them so I've got a few people with some knowledge but this car will be put in sprints and hillclimbs.<br><br>One of the first things I'm looking to do though is swap to a vts engine however I've seen countless different blocks and engine types with a TU5J4, TU5JP4, TU5JPS4 and I'm baffled and cannot for love nor searching find answers to the differences between them. What's the better engine/combo for a race car? And what do I search for? Like what cars did the individual engines come out of and what are the differences between them? I've tried searching but I just seem to find builds <br><br>Thanks guys <br><br>Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Ferg2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2022, 10:55   #2
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road

Hi there and welcome, that's an exciting project!

I've put JP4 head (from a C2, bigger inlet valves) and J4 block (Saxo one,for ease of fitment) in my Saxo, I'm staying NA and 200hp is achievable with the right parts and map but I would expect to be competitive in a hill climb you would need a bit more than that, I'm ignorant on the rules of that so can't really advise further, anyhow good luck with your project, would be nice to see a progress thread of it!
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2022, 16:04   #3
Ferg2jz

Thank you! I've messed with the s14 and done most of that myself but never a proper build like this so I'm looking forward to it! Until the fiddly jobs are about.. Then I'll hate it haha. Were those two parts straight bolt together parts or did anything need machining? Would that combo with aggressive cams, free flowing intake and exhaust and good map make 200ish bhp? Eventually I'd like to turbo the thing but I'm talking years down the line.. <br><br>Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Old 1st July 2022, 19:39   #4
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road

No they fit with no mods!
I'll say first that this isn't my personal experience as I'm not quite there yet but having read around over the years for the 200+ mark it looks like you'll need cams with a lift of around 12-13mm and duration of 290-300 degrees,high comp pistons,itbs,58mm exhaust,ported head.
This is obviously a rough idea of the stuff you need and you'll have to make sure all of the other parts and components are done right to run this set up properly and reliably.

As an example this was the Saxo,at one stage,from the guy which I buy some parts from,from Italy: 220 hp at 7750 and 21,58 Kgs of torque at 6500 limiter 7800 (he also upped the engine size from 1600 to 1800),all on Dyno printouts.

If you're going down this route you should get it remapped from Chipwizards, he's a master on these cars!
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2022, 22:51   #5
Ferg2jz

Thank you for your input. Everything I can learn is a step forward! I think I'll be doing a fair bit of homework to make sure I get it running how and to the level I want but that's an impressive figure! I'm guessing a custom crank, rods and pistons are needed if it's bored out to 1.8L?<br><br>I'll see what I can sort! It'll be a long process I think but it'll be good fun! <br><br>Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk<br><br>