Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 12th February 2014, 16:36   #1
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!
Default Someone point me towards a good routine?

Been looking through google, and not really coming across anything suitable.. Looking for a decent 4-5 day gym routine!

Maybe an hour, to 90 mins per day, to work out my whole body really.. Not looking to go massive, Just get a bit of muscle build.. Obviously i can tailor a routine to my own weights i can lift and such.. So basically something for each muscle group.. Used to do something with my mate, which did 2 muscle groups per day.. But anything new would be nice..

Any links or anything appreciated!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 17:32   #2
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=406925

Just because you don't want to get 'massive' (which is unlikely anyway) doesn't mean you shouldn't train like you're not trying too.
Train as if you're trying to get as big as possible then you will reach your desired muscular development much quicker.
Old 12th February 2014, 18:39   #3
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

See, i didn't know that.. I assumed you trained depending what you wanted to get to sort of thing.. Cheers fatlad xx

Old 13th February 2014, 19:53   #4
Carl-h
Established Member

Car(s): Honda Civic Type-R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Carl-h is on a distinguished road

The split I follow is:
Monday - Chest and calves
Tuesday - shoulders and triceps
Wednesday - back and bicep
Thursday - quads
Friday - hamstrings

Could combine the 2 leg days but for me how hard I train each muscle I couldn't do both in one day! Could add abs in there if you want to, I try to do some ab work at home on a rest day once a week.
Carl-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 13:55   #5
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Don't forget the cock pushups Smiith!
Old 14th February 2014, 22:16   #6
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-h View Post
The split I follow is:
Monday - Chest and calves
Tuesday - shoulders and triceps
Wednesday - back and bicep
Thursday - quads
Friday - hamstrings

Could combine the 2 leg days but for me how hard I train each muscle I couldn't do both in one day! Could add abs in there if you want to, I try to do some ab work at home on a rest day once a week.
Sat down today and tried to work it out for myself.. As i'll probably be going 4 days a week...

Day 1 - Shoulders / triceps
Day 2 - Chest / abs
day 3 - Legs / back
Day 4 - Back / bicep

Still working out the best workouts for each day though, as the gym has some pretty snazzy machines to use for some of them.. Trying to incorporate some of them as it's Technogym equipment, so has a key that records all my weights and everything, so i can look back at it on the screens there and see progress over months..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
Don't forget the cock pushups Smiith!
Don't need to do them, could lift a car up with that thing already!

Old 15th February 2014, 10:31   #7
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road

If you're going to follow a routine like that,day 3 and 4 will better with a days rest in between them as you don't want to work the same body part two days in a row.
wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 15:11   #8
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

They don't always go in that order.. The gym i go to is only small.. One bench bar, one squat rack, one bench for weights.. So if i go on monday and there's a few lads around the weights.. I will do one of the other days routines.. So it's not set in stone that way, just as an example

Old 16th February 2014, 08:12   #9
Carl-h
Established Member

Personally I'd try and change your day 3. Back can be a pretty heavy day and legs is easily the hardest day of the week even more so if your training quads and hams together. If you want to keep the same routine try and train lats on one back day and traps on the other so your not hitting each area too often.

Also, your gym sounds life a lifestyle type gym where it's mostly machines and hardly any weights? See if you can find a proper gym. They're cheaper, the people are their to train not to pose and there's always someone tohelp with form or for a spot. Plus they are usually quieter and have more of the type of equipment you actually need.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:04   #10
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-h View Post
Personally I'd try and change your day 3. Back can be a pretty heavy day and legs is easily the hardest day of the week even more so if your training quads and hams together. If you want to keep the same routine try and train lats on one back day and traps on the other so your not hitting each area too often.

Also, your gym sounds life a lifestyle type gym where it's mostly machines and hardly any weights? See if you can find a proper gym. They're cheaper, the people are their to train not to pose and there's always someone tohelp with form or for a spot. Plus they are usually quieter and have more of the type of equipment you actually need.
Noted!

The gym is a fitness suit.. It has dumbells upto 30kg, which i'll never go over.. An olympic bench, smith bar, and squat rack.. Then the rest is machines..

There is a proper weight lifting gym, but it's the same price, all the equipment is over 10 years old.. All the dumbells are fucked, the grips have split and nip your hands, the cables are all fucked and get stuck, then when they finally come loose, nearly rip your arms out of their sockets.. Plus i can only really go before or after work.. That gym doesn't ope until 9, and shuts at 7.. The weight gym is packed after work too, i used to go, and if you go between 5 and 7, there's about 15 people around the weights, so you're forever waiting for what you need to use.. It's only a small town, so the gyms are only small!

The one i go to opens at 7, and shuts at 10, plus i get free use of the swimming pool, which i really enjoy, swimming is great cardio, and i can go well before work and fit an hour or so in..

So really, for the same price, plus swimming, and an awful lot newer equipment, I'm better off where i am..

Old 17th February 2014, 18:49   #11
Carl-h
Established Member

That's fair enough I spose mate. Although if you stick with it you'll be eating bigger weights I'd of thought. At my old gym I saw people using the 36's (heaviest there) for chest/shoulders and thought they were mega strong. Now that's about what I'm up to after maybe 6 months or something? My gym dumbbells reach 65kg and I watch them used a few times a week at least!
Old 17th February 2014, 18:59   #12
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

When i 1st started this time last year at the old gym, i was doing dumbell press at about 12kg, then got up to 26kg in about 4 months.. Now i have started again, I've started on 18-20kg.. Once i get to 26 again i will just be maintaining, so won't need to go much bigger, as i was happy at what my body looked like then..

Wanting to more get fit, and keep at that, rather than get big.. Some decent definition, and a bit of size again, and i'll be happy with that!

Old 21st February 2014, 21:43   #13
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Try doing a weights circuit, 3 or 4 exercises in a row on same muscle with no rest. Go through four times. That will get you fitter.

Do you have a lifestyle fitness? Mine's 17 a month. Opens at 6 closes at ten. Loads of free weights and machines. Fitness classes included. Great value.
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 23:23   #14
shaund123
Infrequent Poster

shaund123 is on a distinguished road

Monday - chest
Tuesday - legs
Wednesday - back
Thursday - shoulders
Friday - arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaund123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 23:23   #15
shaund123
Infrequent Poster

shaund123 is on a distinguished road

And a good dose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaund123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 05:31   #16
Connorsaxo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 1.1 Saxo Desire
Connorsaxo is on a distinguished road

I agree with Carl, working back and legs on the same day would be a bloody hard painful workout!
Connorsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:09   #17
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
Try doing a weights circuit, 3 or 4 exercises in a row on same muscle with no rest. Go through four times. That will get you fitter.

Do you have a lifestyle fitness? Mine's 17 a month. Opens at 6 closes at ten. Loads of free weights and machines. Fitness classes included. Great value.
We do not. We have 3 gyms.. One is ladies only.. One is a weights gym, with old as fuck stuff, and one is council owned and is technically a fitness suite,, Both cost the same, but the council one you get swimming pool, and any classes you want included..

Old 24th February 2014, 09:35   #18
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

I have 4 x variants of push/pull/legs.

I basically do..

Mon - Push 1
Tues - Pull 1
Wednesday - Legs 1
Thursday - Push 2
Friday - Pull 2
Saturday - Legs 2
Sunday - Rest
Monday - Push 3
Tuesday - Pull 3
Wednesday - Leg 3
Thursday - Push 4
Friday - Pull 4
Saturday - Legs 4
Sunday - Rest.

Repeat the above

Best method of training that I have used to date that suits me, the exercises of each session are well structured though, improved my strength considerably and cutting a substantial amount of body fat whilst maintaining/increasing size.

The reps are all over the show though, something i've never done before, always stuck to low or high reps not a mixture of both.

You could turn this into a 5 day routine by chucking a rest day in on the wednesday for instance.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 10:57   #19
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Adopted a push, pull, legs routine, started it on saturday!

Works pretty well.. Not really sticking to a plan though, I just vary different push workouts, pull workouts, and legs is usually the same routine.. Just to try and keep it different and interesting.. Always do 8 different things for push and pull, just try to vary it using weighs, and machines.

Pretty much no limit on the amount of days i go to the gym now, so depending on work, i may do 4-5 days, i may do 7..

Seems to be working pretty well so far!

Old 17th April 2014, 19:57   #20
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Icelandic Furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gashman is on a distinguished road

I really enjoy push pull legs.

Great way to train and I find it easier to squeeze the sessions in.
Gashman is offline   Reply With Quote