Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 9th August 2008, 19:44   #61
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

ive heard fli subs.. and tbh.. i think only fusion is worse

the only good thing is they are built in a correct enclosure to give a good sound.. but still not worth buying
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 21:17   #62
delux
Established Member

Car(s): Furio[SOLD],336bhp Impreza[SOLD],Nissan 350z,180SX
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
delux is just really nicedelux is just really nicedelux is just really nicedelux is just really nicedelux is just really nice

cant really tell as i aint heard anything apart from a fusion lol , can anyone else who has or has heard these subs give me an idea of what there like.
delux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 21:59   #63
delux
Established Member

delux is just really nicedelux is just really nicedelux is just really nicedelux is just really nicedelux is just really nice

what about this?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-24-Car-Sub...6.c0.m14.l1308
Old 9th August 2008, 22:00   #64
delux
Established Member

or this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IDC-JBL-PACKAG...6.c0.m14.l1318
Old 9th August 2008, 22:13   #65
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

FLI arent the best make out there by any means, but iwas very impressed with the mono amp. I had it electrically tested and it put out a healthy 518watts rms @ 14.4 volts, which is pretty dam good tbh! This amp retailed @ over £140 only a few months ago, and now for this price you are also getting a wiring kit, box and 2 subs. Even a lot of the audio guru's on talk audio like this amp and were very suprised when they heard what it could do! It comes with a bass remote, will accept 4 gauge cabling, has a line out and even has a digital voltage gauge built in.

Not only are you getting 500rms, but you are getting a well thought about box which will work with the subs. Where in the cas/cad packages you get the SHITTY "SPL-X" boxes, which are nothing more than crap and will totally strangle the sound. Granted the subs arent the best out there, but they are a pretty good match for the amp, and as said, they come in the correct ported box.

Although, as with all JBL gear, it will be better quality and may well sound more refined. But with all things considered, i'd go with the fli.
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 02:27   #66
delux
Established Member

i could do with you two agreeing on which to get as you two seem to be the best ppl to talk to about it , fli package looks like a no brainer now but with both of you telling me differrent things about them im a bit stuck , repped btw
Old 10th August 2008, 08:29   #67
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

stretch your budget a little

get two jbl gt4s

and a jbl 700 mono

will cost near £200 but boom a lot more than the fli whilst still sounding top knoch
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 10th August 2008, 08:44   #68
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

or get 1 higher rms sub and a bigger mono to power it

what is your budget?
Quote:
Old 10th August 2008, 13:18   #69
delux
Established Member

around £130
Old 10th August 2008, 13:32   #70
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delux View Post
around £130
could wait and save up a little more and get something that you know you wont wish you had got better

i only say this because its what i wish i had done.. i rushed out and spent £100 on a pioneer / kenwood package without seeking proper advice.. have now spend £250 on new components, wires, and a monoblock.. im still saving for a new sub / box and amp for components

obviously you dont have to spend around £600 like i am.. but you could save a little longer and get a quality set up for around £250
Quote:
Old 10th August 2008, 14:04   #71
delux
Established Member

i have the money to buy a 250 set-up just didnt fancy spending that much on it because its only my first car and want to do other things. thanks for the help so far btw
Old 10th August 2008, 14:08   #72
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

no worries.. i was the same, just spent what i could afford (not enough though imo)

have you got a good front set up? comps & amp?

if not id start there, for £130 you can get a very nice set up for the front.. then when the monies right build on it with a good sub & amp
Quote:
Old 10th August 2008, 16:06   #73
delux
Established Member

no its completly standard sound wise , just wanted a sub first so i could easily put it in my next car.
Old 10th August 2008, 16:12   #74
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delux View Post
no its completly standard sound wise , just wanted a sub first so i could easily put it in my next car.
ahh.. nooo lol

allways start with mids / hi's unless you want just bass

best thing to do is comps / amp for comps 1st

standard speakers up front wont handle anything, turn them up past 20 and they will distort no end.. which means your sub cant be turned up very loud either
Quote:
Old 10th August 2008, 17:14   #75
RK_Audio
Regular Poster

Car(s): Corrado G60
RK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
ahh.. nooo lol

allways start with mids / hi's unless you want just bass

best thing to do is comps / amp for comps 1st

standard speakers up front wont handle anything, turn them up past 20 and they will distort no end.. which means your sub cant be turned up very loud either
agreed.... get some decent components up front and an amp for them... then go from there
RK_Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 19:20   #76
delux
Established Member

just want to get a sub for the bass really
Old 10th August 2008, 19:28   #77
RK_Audio
Regular Poster

Car(s): Corrado G60
RK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of lightRK_Audio is a glorious beacon of light

fair enough... but the sub will drown out the sound of your standard speakers
RK_Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 19:52   #78
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK_Audio View Post
fair enough... but the sub will drown out the sound of your standard speakers
agreed

and you wont be able to turn it up over volume of 20, due to poor speakers distorting

only a complete idiot would buy a sub withoug comps up front

seriously, spend your money on the comps / amp, they do produce bass you know
Quote:
Old 10th August 2008, 21:06   #79
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Yer, comps and amp is the best place to start mate.

Or if you have already bought some coaxials, which i expect you have, get a little amp on them to get the most from them.

You could buy a 4 channel amp, 2 channels for the front speakers, then bridge the other 2 channels for a sub!

Then you could buy something like a JBL GT4 sub.

This JBL 4 channel amp would put a healthy 55rms into each speaker, then a further 110rms into the sub, which would be enough to make it move.

Or if you were feelng flush then this JBL4 channel would put 2x100rms into the fronts and 200rms into the sub, which is better power for the sub, but the coaxials may not disagree...
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 21:22   #80
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

hes only got standard speakers up front coonper

i suggested spending the £130 on a jbl amp and a set of hertz / spls
Quote: