Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 27th September 2008, 14:17   #1
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!
Default coonper, pred, webby, csvtr, rkaudio :)

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...ef2f53c4480d4e

good deal?

or spend the extra £60 and get:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...ef2f53c4480d4e

or something else?

im in no rush as most of you know.. want to build up as i go along

allready have: jbl gto1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 14:52   #2
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

wow thats a good price, wonder if i would be better off with two of those instead of the 2 jbls
Old 27th September 2008, 14:54   #3
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDannyB View Post
wow thats a good price, wonder if i would be better off with two of those instead of the 2 jbls
what jbls are they?

and yeah.. good deal, im not fussed if i have to pay the extra £60 for the model up.. but if its not much difference ill happliy save that £60 lol

gaurentee coonper will tell me to get 2 of those spls lol
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 27th September 2008, 15:08   #4
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

what yor going for ash? i honestly cannot see £60's worth of difference between the two they should both produce good sq in the right box and they dont need loads of box volume either from what ive read.

out of the two i would go for the cheaper 1 maybe even get a pair for the price of 1 of the more expensive 1's i also know that spl stuff like to play high.

even with 2 you woould only need 2 cuft after displacment which isnt that big.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 15:38   #5
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby View Post
what yor going for ash? i honestly cannot see £60's worth of difference between the two they should both produce good sq in the right box and they dont need loads of box volume either from what ive read.

out of the two i would go for the cheaper 1 maybe even get a pair for the price of 1 of the more expensive 1's i also know that spl stuff like to play high.

even with 2 you woould only need 2 cuft after displacment which isnt that big.
cheers for the reply webby, knew you had some knowledge of spl stuff and generall bass

mainly after SQ tbh with you, allthough a bit of bass wouldnt go a miss

thats why i wanted either of those SPL's, due to their high spec build which gives good sq, and both produce the same kind of wattage..

ah, i think i may purchase one of the smaller ones for now, i am tempted to get 2 though, great deal.. i couldnt imagine a huge difference between them
Quote:
Old 27th September 2008, 18:19   #6
rossj
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR 2001
rossj has a spectacular aura aboutrossj has a spectacular aura aboutrossj has a spectacular aura about

Ive got the one in the 1st link in a sealed boxed powered by an audison srx 3 amp 315 rms and its immense!!

may well be worth the extra for the model up though.

My Progress
My E-Garage
rossj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 19:17   #7
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossj View Post
Ive got the one in the 1st link in a sealed boxed powered by an audison srx 3 amp 315 rms and its immense!!

may well be worth the extra for the model up though.
my point exactly mate

i know either will sound good

but just wanted to know the real difference between the 2

hence the calling for the bassheads on here lol
Quote:
Old 27th September 2008, 22:52   #8
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

tbh the cheaper one will be just as good imo

whichever one you get it will be awesome though, very nice sounding subs

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 10:54   #9
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

cheers pred.. i didnt think there would be a huge difference between the two, i guessed the extra £30 cost (at origional price) was mainly for the extra 100wrms it can handle

ill wait for the other bassheads to reply, but im seriously considering 2 of these smaller subs.. coonper will be proud haha, 1000wrms here i come
Quote:
Old 28th September 2008, 11:40   #10
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

id go with the cheaper one as its on offer

Up The Toon
Jimmy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 11:43   #11
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Boy View Post
id go with the cheaper one as its on offer
lol.. the bargain hunter in me is forcing its way out!

allready got my comps half price - reduced from £250
and monoblock for £100

bargains allround!
Quote:
Old 28th September 2008, 17:16   #12
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

DJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really niceDJDannyB is just really nice

it was two fo these ash... JBL 12"

i would get two of those for like around the price of one of the jbls.. what you think?

i was planning on tw of the jbls too
Old 28th September 2008, 17:33   #13
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Those JBL's sound so much nicer than the SPL's mate!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2008, 18:10   #14
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

oi.. whos thread is this danny? haha
Quote:
Old 28th September 2008, 19:19   #15
DJDannyB
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

haha sorry
Old 29th September 2008, 08:02   #16
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Take note of what danny is saying ash! lol

Ive never liked SPL-dynamics subs. They just dont go loud enough for my liking! Even in 2cuft, off 1kw, they werent loud at all! Not only that, but they didnt sound very nice either! Very dissapointing for me!
Old 29th September 2008, 08:03   #17
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Take note of what danny is saying ash! lol

Ive never liked SPL-dynamics subs. They just dont go loud enough for my liking! Even in 2cuft, off 1kw, they werent loud at all! Not only that, but they didnt sound very nice either! Very dissapointing for me!
hmm..

well as ive said ive got time before i make a purchase.. so may look into bigger budget subs

genesis audio etc
Quote:
Old 29th September 2008, 08:09   #18
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/asce...os-p-6715.html

also been considering one of these
Quote:
Old 29th September 2008, 08:40   #19
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Now that is a force to be wreckoned with!
Old 29th September 2008, 09:06   #20
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

yep would love one but its a bit pricey

still need to get the new car which its all going into! lol

i should have enough for a 106gti end of october, so will hopefully get one then, sell my vtr and spend that on some audio goodies

still on the list is:

sub
amp for comps
more wires (another 4awg kit)
box for sub
more sound deadening
maybe a new HU
Quote: