Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2006, 04:01   #41
ALEX_VTRacer

ALEX_VTRacer is on a distinguished road

i got JL Audio 5.25 comps and they produce the best sound you've herd! wel..i've herd cant fault them atall! i think you pay for what you get.. and they were only about £220. oh and if your thinking of getting some speakers dont look for manafactures quoted "max power handaling" the important word is...MAX..it wil never get that high until the speaker blows! look for RMS which is a sure sign of the quailty of the speakers your getting
Old 25th May 2006, 13:56   #42
S9_DAN
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza UK Turbo - 300bhp
S9_DAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX_VTRacer
noticed that no one brought up the fact the 6x9s scream out...smash my back window and take me! speaking from expeirence! as many of my m8s would aswel! good indication that you got a little more dan 6x9s in ya car aswel...once they got ya 6x9s out comes the sub..amp and headunit...no matter how many screws u put in the f**kers!
6x9s get me madddd! lol
Are you sure you have put the screws in them and not just put them in there! I have never had this problem and dont know anyone who has! ! At the end of the day it is personal preference, some people prefer 6x9's some dont, if i was you i would go to a good car audio place and listen to some different type of speakers they got and tell them what you want and i am sure they will be able to advise on what would be best !

personally i think 6x9's are qualitly as long as you dont get the cheap ones and are set up correctly !
Old 31st May 2006, 23:20   #43
tomba_69
L-plater

tomba_69 is on a distinguished road

theyr all good until you get a sub though! when i get my install done il take mine out but until then im happy with em as theyr alot better than the standard crap you get in the rears lol
Old 1st June 2006, 15:26   #44
S9_DAN
Saxperience Forum Bum

Mine work fine with a sub so i dont know what people are on about when they say they dont work with a sub cause they do!?
Old 1st June 2006, 16:04   #45
saxx
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): A4 S Line SE 170
saxx will become famous soon enoughsaxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans_Saxo_VTR
Mine work fine with a sub so i dont know what people are on about when they say they dont work with a sub cause they do!?

same here!

and as for screaming out steal me................ever heard of a stealth shelf?!?

u couldnt tell i had anythin in the saxo
Old 3rd June 2006, 20:15   #46
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

I love this topic, woudl all the people how say that 6x9s are clear state what quilifcations and expearnce thay have in judging quility audio and car audio?

Music is reocered in stereo, ie it has a left and a right channel theres no frony and rear channels recored exepet in the rare and expensive DVD audio 5.1 format.
Old 5th June 2006, 05:01   #47
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

hurrah pro back up has arrived!

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 5th June 2006, 14:34   #48
S9_DAN
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard
I love this topic, woudl all the people how say that 6x9s are clear state what quilifcations and expearnce thay have in judging quility audio and car audio?

Music is reocered in stereo, ie it has a left and a right channel theres no frony and rear channels recored exepet in the rare and expensive DVD audio 5.1 format.

not been funny but can you please read what you are writing cause that is pretty hard to read.

Also i dont see what it has to do with the quality of 6x9's by saying that it only has left channel and right channel, yes we know this and when you buy a set of speakers you get 2 speakers one for the left, one for the right!

6x9's are down to personnal choice, some people like them some dont, thats the way it is, bit like Marmite!
Old 5th June 2006, 22:34   #49
Lee_P
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo VTR MK2 : ( no moreeee got galaxy now
Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!Lee_P is absolutely fabulous!

im just confused very confused so from what i understand is dont get 6x9s but get quality speakers to replace the originals and some decent sub and you laughing?
Old 6th June 2006, 01:45   #50
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

Thats all you need, componets up front and a sub thats the best quility system you can get.

Sorry for the mistakes in my typeing/spelling but I often type too quick.

Bascally what I am trying to tell you is that any rear speakers have a detrimental effect on a car audio system.
Old 6th June 2006, 13:41   #51
S9_DAN
Saxperience Forum Bum

sorry but thats shit, have you ever sat in the back of a car which has just got front speakers and a sub, it sounds shit!! If rear speakers were that bad why to Bose, Alpine, Vibe, etc all have them in their show cars ??
Old 6th June 2006, 14:17   #52
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

because they are show cars, not sound cars.

Its not shit its true, do you go to a concert and stand facing the back of the hall?

Who gives a toss about people in the back, do you drive from the back? If you want the best from your system in SQ then 6x9s dont feature, nor have they featured in any of the best systems in the world

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 6th June 2006, 14:28   #53
S9_DAN
Saxperience Forum Bum

i meant the show cars to show you the quality of their stereo systems!!!

No you don’t face the back in a concert but do you have speakers behind you ?? yes!!

no you don’t sit in the back but i like to get the best sound from all around the car, which in my opinion means good front components and some rear speakers, i prefer 6x9's but some people don’t so just replace the standards!

As i have already said, it is personal preference and this topic could go on for a long time
Old 6th June 2006, 15:37   #54
Scottp
Administrator

i agree it is personal preference.

Most concerts dont have speakers behind you, it all comes from the stage hence the massive stacks

A proper ice car i.e. the ones that actually compete will not have rears speakers and least of all 6x9s.

show cars for instance is made to be wild to show off the range of products, if you actually listen most of the big show cars they sound pretty terrible as their using that many speakers of mixed sizes etc that its a collision of sound.

Old 6th June 2006, 15:43   #55
S9_DAN
Saxperience Forum Bum

yeah i agree with that, the cars dont sound the best due to the range in speakers!

It is not always about the speakers you are using though, it is weather you have them running of an amp and the levels on the amp are set up correctly. When i install my system it does not take long to fit it all but messing around to get the levels perfect take the time.
Old 7th June 2006, 17:15   #56
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

Give me an RTA machine and a couple of cars. One with rear speaker and one without. I bet £100 to the charity of your choise that the car not running rears has a lot cleaner sound without levels all over the shop.

Big companys show cars always have a wide range of speakers in them including the rear as there showing off what they make.

I have never yet sat in the back of my car while driving. I can not reach the pedals and stearing wheel from back there.

As for 6x9s being quality if there set up right. This is true they make great door stops, paper weights and magnets.

Again the concert thing. At a huge concert there may be speakers behind you but they will still face the back there just there to carry the sound furtherm for people at the back (I sould know I have been to Glastonbury three times). Look at the speakers at the front there will be a left and a right set not any more.
Old 7th June 2006, 17:29   #57
S9_DAN
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWard
I have never yet sat in the back of my car while driving. I can not reach the pedals and stearing wheel from back there.
ok when did i say i drive my car when sitting in the back, cause i think you will find i didnt if you read!

i said for the people sitting in the back, i.e friends! in my ibiza i ran a lot of speakers, amps and subs! and i must say it sounded a lot better than other systems i have heard! Personally i like 6x9's, as i have said some people dont. This topic will go on forever and it is down to personal preference!!

i think this should now be locked as it has all the information it needs about 6x9's!!

Old 7th June 2006, 23:02   #58
BennyBoi
Infrequent Poster

BennyBoi will become famous soon enough

You're all sayin that 6x9's are bad on the parcel shelf, but would it sound better if they were on a custom shelf that didnt cover the whole of the boot? That way more air could get in? I dnt reli have a clue bout this kinda thing, it was just an idea
Old 7th June 2006, 23:49   #59
Saxo-Slag
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Vtr @ 123bhp R.I.P VTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Saxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant futureSaxo-Slag has a brilliant future

I have 6x9's in my parcel shelf and 2 twin vibe subs. Wot i did was cut a vent in the middle ov the 6x9's. I then turn my amp and 6x9's off. The subs didnt even move the 6x9's. Think letting more air into the boot helped. Makes the subs sound better aswell. Even a ex sound engineer said it sounds wicked. I think its up2 the person about 6x9's. I have good front speakers aswell.
Old 8th June 2006, 01:19   #60
Scottp
Administrator

A sound engineer that approves of speakers shaped so they cant work as efficently and are trying to do an impossible job of reproducing the whole sound spectrum, kwality.

Closed Thread