Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 25th October 2012, 18:51   #1
m0nk3yb0y94
Regular Poster

m0nk3yb0y94 is on a distinguished road
Default Ribbon cables

Hi guys I've recently took the speedo lights out of my car and replaced them with an led bar but the power for the old lights used to come from a ribbon cable to the old twist in lights

Might be an odd question but is there any way I can Join the two wires from my led bar to the contact points on the ribbon? If I touch them on it works fine I just can't see a way of making a permanent join and have no idea of where to get a different power source to them caus I want it to come on with the head lights like normal

Cheers
m0nk3yb0y94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 11:31   #2
Jimi137
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo MK2 VTR with GTI Engine
Jimi137 is on a distinguished road

hmmm nt entirely sure here but you could find a way to attach them 2 the wiring for the sidelights - thats what i did for my led jetwashers on my corsa
Jimi137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 13:00   #3
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Im not 100% familiar with the exact ribbon cable or its exact size.

I take it you have identifed the wire on the ribbon cable that supplying the power? Scalpel and cut it out of the ribbon cable then join it would be my thoughts. As said though not sure if the cable is big enough to allow you to trim out the power line

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote