Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 23rd January 2016, 13:33   #1
LivinProof

Car(s): 5D 1.1 Desire
LivinProof is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring speakers

Hi. I have a simply and possibly stupid question. Will a head unit not make a sound if i only have connected front speakers? My cheap Chinese radio worked fine but when i hooked up a Sony i won't make a sound, same Pioneer. Also is it possible to bridge the connections if that's the case?
LivinProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 13:42   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Only if you've set the balance only to come out of the front speakers,check your connections at the radio and at the speakers mate.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2016, 13:55   #3
LivinProof

Connections are all good, + with + and - with -, checked the whole wiring and it's fine. Makes no sense at all, especially considering that the Chinese one does work. Also just hooked up an old Sony Xplod and it works too. Just the new generation head units don't seem to work.
Old 26th January 2016, 16:17   #4
LivinProof

So i got meself a multimeter and checked. Voltage is 12,6v, ground connection is good coz i get the "beep" sound, speakers are at 4,5ohm. Any other ideas?
Old 28th January 2016, 21:12   #5
Spendyrx
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 106 1.4 gti replica (ish) Fd rx7 1.3tt 106 1.1
Spendyrx is on a distinguished road

How old's the Sony? If it's second hand, maybe the internal amp is fubar! Check the speaker wires at the block connectors at the back of the stereo to see if they line up or splice into 2 of the sony wires with some speaker cable and put them directly onto a working speaker! At least that way you know if it's 100% working
Spendyrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2016, 07:18   #6
LivinProof

Sony is brand new, bought from Halfrods. I've came back to return it but they connected it in store and it worked. Then they gave me some Pioneer to test and same scenario. I'm thinking it's probably the length of the ground cable, as it goes straight to the battery and It's over a meter of 16 gauge cable, so considering the Sony is more powerful or sensitive the cable makes too much resistance. I'll try to connect it to the nearest chassis point as soon as the weather let's me and we'll see. I just hope it won't interfere with the amp and cause any distortions.
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:08   #7
LivinProof

I went through every connection and cable again and turns out it was something with a (+) cable. Don't know what, everything looked ok but after i changed it stereo started to work at last