Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 17th November 2006, 17:55   #41
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dui_yoursax View Post
ay...i dint buy brand new you plonk-dont even start

i got a sony minidisk h/unit runnin with 3 outputs(and can prove this to)
wired with a cd changer,and the jvc 6x9z are coming of a 160rms amp plus a sony xp sub with amp 500 rms
and front components and rear standard ones that are connected to a crossover as twetts
i take it thats your first ever install?
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2006, 18:10   #42
dui_yoursax
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo-1.4 westy
dui_yoursax is infamous around these partsdui_yoursax is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
i take it thats your first ever install?
well its my first car of my own....why you gona diss it?
dui_yoursax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2006, 18:20   #43
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

nope

but youll realise your mistakes soon enough, i was the same

i thought my lanzar sub and legacy amp sounded the tits...
Old 17th November 2006, 18:21   #44
Mattvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Mattvtr is a glorious beacon of lightMattvtr is a glorious beacon of lightMattvtr is a glorious beacon of lightMattvtr is a glorious beacon of lightMattvtr is a glorious beacon of light

no hes making the point that have you really reseached it properly if its your first car as it usually means first install and with 6x9s in it id say yes
Old 17th November 2006, 18:22   #45
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

i also bought 6 x 9s

but luckily didnt fit them....
Old 17th November 2006, 18:24   #46
dui_yoursax
Infrequent Poster

dui_yoursax is infamous around these partsdui_yoursax is infamous around these parts

so whats your point?
it sounds nice and dont rattle the car to much but once inside it sound great,and i bet it sound better than some 300 pound rip offs as it cost me around 90 pound
Old 17th November 2006, 18:28   #47
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
so whats your point?
it sounds nice and dont rattle the car to much but once inside it sound great,and i bet it sound better than some 300 pound rip offs as it cost me around 90 pound
thats the point im trying to make

i didnt hear a 'proper' install when i got mine and i thought it sounded the tits

i then heard a jl install someone had in their car at a show and it was awesome

they had no powercaps, no 6 x 9s and no rear speakers
Old 17th November 2006, 18:30   #48
dui_yoursax
Infrequent Poster

sooooo? this was a "headunit" thread,so how the**** did you bring "propa install " it to it?
my point in the first place was that sony are good units!!!
Old 17th November 2006, 18:33   #49
dui_yoursax
Infrequent Poster

and for 150.........
Old 17th November 2006, 18:35   #50
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
sooooo? this was a "headunit" thread,so how the**** did you bring "propa install " it to it?
my point in the first place was that sony are good units!!!
theres so many better head units out there than sony

sony are good at making teles yes but car audio nope
Old 17th November 2006, 18:38   #51
dui_yoursax
Infrequent Poster

name one good head unit better than sony brand new for 150
Old 17th November 2006, 18:39   #52
Mattvtr
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Mattvtr is a glorious beacon of lightMattvtr is a glorious beacon of lightMattvtr is a glorious beacon of lightMattvtr is a glorious beacon of lightMattvtr is a glorious beacon of light

alpine
Old 17th November 2006, 18:44   #53
dui_yoursax
Infrequent Poster

hahaha pmsl......put me up a link to that head unit pls
Old 17th November 2006, 18:44   #54
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

have you not read through this thread?
Old 17th November 2006, 18:49   #55
dui_yoursax
Infrequent Poster

yes,BUT tbh i have had a alpine and pref my sony,im not loyal to them but like them more as alpine for 146.99 is crap sounding and has not got 3 outs plus 1 in for cd changer
Old 17th November 2006, 18:56   #56
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!

have a read through talkaudio mate and youll learn so much its unreal

i learnt lots from there and always like to browse now and again

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/
Old 18th November 2006, 15:14   #57
DaveWard
Frequent Poster

DaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to beholdDaveWard is a splendid one to behold

If you mention Sony being good on talkaudio be prepaired for bwing took the piss out of something cronic. TA is a great forum I have been a member for years. The thing with it is that people on there a lot of the time can not be arsed with newbies as it would be the same nearly every day. Do some searchs on there and you can find some good info. Then when you have a basis for knowledge you will find the people on there some of the best you will come accross in the UK.

As for this £150 headunit thread my first post says
Quote:
You will find that any aftermarket headunit will make standard car speakers sound better. Its for the simple reason that an aftermarket headunit puts out about three times the power of a factory fit one.

Personally mate I would not touch a sony headunit.

This is what I would spend my money on and put the rest towards the rest of your system. http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/prod...did=54bda780c2 834acd4ca5eb02d9e7330b
What I will add to this is. Unless your planning on running a high end system then theres no point in spending over £100 on a headunit as all your going to get is a load of flashig lights and features that you will never need or use.