Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 12th July 2007, 23:27   #21
MickMc
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 6 (67%)
MickMc has a spectacular aura aboutMickMc has a spectacular aura about

Both lol , will it look ok with the install not the same size as the boot floor and would kit l or 5 be enuff to do it lol
MickMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 23:47   #22
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

yeah get number 5 should be ample mate, can use it to do a few more things like doorpods and pillar pods if your up to it

but some rubber gloves too, i know you get some with it but there cheap and you will go through a few

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 23:51   #23
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

pretty sure pred said 4-5 was fine.

OEM Look:

Good for smaller installs.

Full Show install

What does the car look like. If its standard looking then id just get a box and bolt to a mdf floor. If your building a show stopper then go for the crazy fiberglass install
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 23:55   #24
MickMc
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car is pretty much standard , but i do like my music lol , i'm looking to do something like that show install , subs at either end and amp in the middle
Old 13th July 2007, 00:03   #25
Martinsaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 VTS
Martinsaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMartinsaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMartinsaxo has a spectacular aura about

Im sure i remember Predator, you done a fibreglass boot instal guide? correct me if i am wrong though

Martin.
Martinsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 00:06   #26
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

no mate havent done any fibreglass guides mate, i used scotts guides

well for the pods anyway, i bought the install as it was dirt cheap on ebay, 150 delivered for false floor and boxes etc, but trimmed it myself

Old 13th July 2007, 01:10   #27
Martinsaxo
Established Member

Martinsaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMartinsaxo has a spectacular aura aboutMartinsaxo has a spectacular aura about

Ahhh right, dont know why i thaught you had done one, just thaught you did lol

Martin.
Old 13th July 2007, 01:21   #28
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

i was going to until i seen that on ebay thought to myself it would of cost about that much to buy all the materials anyway well about 100

Old 13th July 2007, 01:58   #29
Martinsaxo
Established Member

Yeh too true, and you saved yourself alot of effort and time i supose

Martin.
Old 13th July 2007, 12:51   #30
MickMc
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Ryt went today and ordered all the materials and is going to be delivered on sunday , was just wondering if i should make my own speaker rings or buy pre made ones , and also what filler to use after i have fiberglassed it ?
Old 13th July 2007, 15:51   #31
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

make your own mate, its not that hard to do

filler you can get it from anywere, i bought some easy sand stuff from ebay its good stuff

Old 13th July 2007, 15:53   #32
MickMc
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Ah lol , i'm in 2 minds now whether or not to do a fiberglass install or just make a sub box to house the subs
Old 13th July 2007, 15:59   #33
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

lol its easy mate honestly, just need some really stretchy material to make things a hell of a lot easier, use doweling to get the mdf ring sitting right, glue gun it all in place onto some more mdf on the back or sides etc, then drape the material over and staple in place, resin it, apply about 3 - 4 layers of fibreglass, sand, filler, sand primer trim or paint

Old 13th July 2007, 16:10   #34
MickMc
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Lol , well i ordered a 8ftx4ft sheet of 18mm MDF and some 15mm doweling would that be enuff lol , and what kind of stretchy material , tshirt or bed sheet ?
Old 13th July 2007, 16:25   #35
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

you can actually buy proper stuff would be best to get it all covered with one sheet, but a tshirt would do

something like this, its like a fleecey material, you can probablies get it cheaper if you look about

http://audioscape-essentials.co.uk/p...roducts_id=184

Old 13th July 2007, 16:47   #36
MickMc
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

I'll go to halfrauds and brown bros tomorrow to get the rest of the materials and then make a start on sunday when the mdfs delivered , any links to some decent filler on ebay ?

Last edited by MickMc; 13th July 2007 at 16:50.
Old 13th July 2007, 16:53   #37
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

this stuff is good

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/U-Pol-easy-one...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 13th July 2007, 16:57   #38
MickMc
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

I'm on a tight budget lol got about £30 max to spend on the resin , matting and filler lol
Old 13th July 2007, 16:59   #39
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator

you can buy smaller tubs from halfords like, any will do tbh, but its had good reviews and thats the one i used just a different name now

try and get the easy sand stuff if you can

do you know how to mix the filler and resin??

Old 13th July 2007, 17:03   #40
MickMc
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Well this will be my first time using it but i have red that you add about 1-2% catalyst of the amount of resin you use lol if you get me