Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 29th April 2010, 19:43   #1
Robin91
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): EK9 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Robin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant future
Default Swapping my Blackberry 9800 Bold for a iPhone 3GS, will it work?

I've got a Blackberry 9800 Bold on contract, O2 £35 a month (18 months) through Carphone Warehouse.. I'm bored of the phone now, wishing I'd got an iphone..

I've found someone who may be interested in swapping there iPhone 3GS for it, they're also on contract with O2.. However, if I were to swap phones and stick my sim in the iPhone and his sim in the Blackberry, would there be any complications?

With blackberry I pay £5 extra month for blackberry services, does anyone know if this can be swapped over to cover the iPhone data services or whatever..? Preferabley if someone who works at Carphone warehouse or O2 could clear this up for me, that'd be spot on!
Robin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 19:51   #2
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

You'll have to ring O2 to change it over, but apart from that I'm sure you'll be fine.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 19:53   #3
moxy89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): Astra vxr with added boost
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
moxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to all

iphone will lock........ this is to prevent them being stolen as it registered to there computer this is what orange told me anyway
moxy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 19:54   #4
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

ring service provider they are better to deal with than people on forums.
Old 29th April 2010, 19:58   #5
Robin91
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): EK9 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Robin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant futureRobin91 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
ring service provider they are better to deal with than people on forums.
Just thought i'd ask on here incase anyone in the know/business could clear it up, rather than me trying to wade through the number of useless employees at O2 to get a decent answer, joint with the fact that I think they're closed tonight already and I wanted to get an answer asap.

Sorry for any major inconvenience this has caused you.
Robin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 20:02   #6
K17NEY
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): FQ Volvo V70R Peugeot Partner
K17NEY is on a distinguished road

Im 90% sure that you need an iphone sim card for an iphone.I bought an iphone and then bought an "iphone" pay and go sim card off ebay,Not sure what the difference is tho.
K17NEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 20:28   #7
enthrone
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Yellow 16v
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
enthrone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxokitney View Post
Im 90% sure that you need an iphone sim card for an iphone.I bought an iphone and then bought an "iphone" pay and go sim card off ebay,Not sure what the difference is tho.
nope you dont.

used a old as feck voda payg sim card to activate a iphone when i was jailbreaking it.

Enthrone's dead yellow 16v.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
cos i make hilarious mates that come to the pub with me and make me feel wanted
enthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 20:56   #8
AnTh_VTR
Regular Poster

Car(s): diablo 106 GTi
AnTh_VTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxokitney View Post
You dont need a certain sim card but your advised to get a 3g sim card for faster internet. I took my iphone to o2 and told them id just got an iphone and they gave me the simcard for free so dont buy one
AnTh_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 21:01   #9
K17NEY
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): FQ Volvo V70R Peugeot Partner
K17NEY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTh_VTR View Post
You dont need a certain sim card but your advised to get a 3g sim card for faster internet. I took my iphone to o2 and told them id just got an iphone and they gave me the simcard for free so dont buy one
Ahh right.Wasnt sure because when i bought my sim it said Iphone sim card on the pack.
K17NEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 21:43   #10
Saxo_Phil-B
Frequent Poster

Car(s): S2 106 gti
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Saxo_Phil-B has a spectacular aura aboutSaxo_Phil-B has a spectacular aura about

I was on a contract with a samsung tocco ultra and bought an iphone because i was bored of the tocco.

It can be any sim as long as it is pretty new. I would have throught if it was o2-o2 then you could just swap them over. I had to get o2 to unlock mine as i'm with orange.

Definately swap its worth it!!
Saxo_Phil-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 23:38   #11
mirrorblanks
Established Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
mirrorblanks is on a distinguished road

need to contact o2, my mate did the same with his sister and o2 sorted it
mirrorblanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 20:13   #12
PJN
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk7 Zetec S
PJN is on a distinguished road

One thing before you swap your device, if they intend on using email, make sure you deregister your device from your providers BIS server, otherwise they'll not be able to set their mail up, and the point of a Blackberry's sort of gone.
PJN is offline   Reply With Quote