Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 15th November 2006, 15:08   #1
clipz
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo VT-R
clipz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Am i the unluckiest saxo owner on earth? read ahead...

bought it from a well known national garage in april 2005, first car.Got a backbox on it, sounds and a nice induction kit.11 days later, 2am, driving some mates home from a club on a long dark unlit,unmarked, country road, payin to much to my drunk mates behavior i took a corner at 50mph, the weight in the back of the car ment no braking power (talkin 2x 18stone guys in the back and 1 guy at 15st in passenger side plus me 11st hehe) the car went sideways straight into a ditch with a nice little stream of water passing through it, we were al hurt so got taken to hospital in pain whilst the police recovered the car.Got it back 3 days later costing 350 quid ...rip off.

Car was needing panel beating to the whole side, new wing and new bumper, was gona claim insurance but got an offer to get it fixed for 250qiud if i supplied parts, fine, deal done, the job was fine too.quite happy that i didnt have to claim.

Then bang went the first clutch, paid 120quid, job done

Clunk clunk idiot hadnt fitted engine to gearbox mount correctly, 3 months later all the pressure on the top of the box resulted in a nice chunk of my gearbox being ripped off, leaving me with a new gearbox bill.

got a gearbox, 70 quid, fitted along with driveshaft for 100quid.

2 month later bang, there goes another clutch, sorted under warranty.

a few weeks later bang goes the clutch again, gearbox mechanic finds a fault in the 2nd hand ox causing the thrust bearing to go, brand spanking gearbox 300quid vts one (re-furb) price included driveshaft(again) and clutch.

Oh shit.MOT was up 2 days ago, off i go.came back, need a new axle,aw fook, so i hunt for one and everyone is dry of them at the moment, i get ripped off and pay 210quid for one to be sent from a salvage yard in london.i needed the car back badly so paid the price.Back off the the mot station and crack,backbox snaps off, centre pipe is badly corroded, new 1 of them too then, god sakes.car passes after 30days of axle huntng and reapirs etc.

I fit new mudflaps to the front, crackers, makes the car look much better, drove around happy for weeks.Then crunch, reversed out a space and the flap got caught in front tyre, meaning it ripped the whole front bodykit arch off and ripped the splashguard clean out, repaired again.

On top of this the dreaded sunroof leak begins..followed by the power steering pump failure and horn starting to sound dull. I try to get it best i can to get rid of it once and all when GRIIIINNNDDD there goes the CAT, rustd away to shit and breaking off from the centre pipe.. so i repair that... Please god, save me from this car..and the funny thing is, i still love it.
clipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 15:09   #2
clipz
Infrequent Poster

lets hear all your horror stories...
Old 15th November 2006, 15:11   #3
m20pub
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vts & berlingo van
m20pub has a spectacular aura aboutm20pub has a spectacular aura about

thats the most iv hurd from 1 saxo theres a lad from my area am sure his saxo got shot by local nobs
Old 15th November 2006, 15:16   #4
goat_janine
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Audi A3
goat_janine is just really nicegoat_janine is just really nicegoat_janine is just really nicegoat_janine is just really nice

I just get little stuff pissing me off like one of the repeaters and surround breaking and falling off, the bonnet not latching properly all the time, my left indicator which isnt working at the moment.Things like that. Heaven forbid when something like my clutch goes!
goat_janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 15:19   #5
clipz
Infrequent Poster

i duno how to delete the post theres 2 up..shit.
Old 15th November 2006, 15:20   #6
clipz
Infrequent Poster

lol shot? i promise lol i had my driver window shot in with a ballbearing too...my list goes on, honestly mate.
Old 15th November 2006, 15:25   #7
m20pub
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vts & berlingo van
m20pub has a spectacular aura aboutm20pub has a spectacular aura about

his was shot with a air riffel i think
Old 15th November 2006, 15:51   #8
R4T
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
R4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant futureR4T has a brilliant future

dont even get me started every1month without fail for 3 years mines something went wrong!
R4T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:41   #9
sillysammysnail
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): 2003 Saxo VTR
sillysammysnail will become famous soon enough

no way, think someones tryin to tell you somethin. give up and get a new one. ive had so much trouble with mine, spent well more than i should have repairing it constantly that now i cant sell it cos surely nothin else could go wrong with it and like i said... ive simply spent too much on it
sillysammysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:45   #10
kenny
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Westcoast (sold) mr2 turbo
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!kenny is absolutely fabulous!

my car is the same, get something fixed and guaranteed a few days later something else goes wrong, bloody car !!!!!
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:55   #11
James
Saxperience Addict
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Beeeemer
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!James is absolutely fabulous!

Better you than me... better you than me.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:57   #12
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Doesn't matter what car I own, they allways give me shit!

You're not alone matey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 16:57   #13
Corsa_john
Trouble Maker

Corsa_john is infamous around these partsCorsa_john is infamous around these parts

and me....MOT bill is going to be phat.
Corsa_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 17:02   #14
Jimbo
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Jimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to beholdJimbo is a splendid one to behold

Touch wood, the only problem i've had is the powersteering pump going. (done under warrenty anyway)

The CV boot has just gone, but i can get the done for nothing.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 17:02   #15
Roper
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Black 106 GTi Turbo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Roper is a splendid one to beholdRoper is a splendid one to beholdRoper is a splendid one to beholdRoper is a splendid one to beholdRoper is a splendid one to beholdRoper is a splendid one to beholdRoper is a splendid one to behold

i've gt a busted door, where someone broke in, 2 cracks in my dash board along with scuff ands scratches on the dash caused by someone tring to nick my head unit so thy couldn't get it out because of the cage, so the cu*nts smashed the hell out of it
Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2006, 17:08   #16
saxx
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): A4 S Line SE 170
saxx will become famous soon enoughsaxx will become famous soon enough

ok i cant list whats been fixed....

but he only original things left in the polo are:

gearbox
suspension
exhaust

(but mine was all done courtesy of the warranty)
Old 15th November 2006, 19:07   #17
davew
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): PoP! bAnG! pOp! BaNg!
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!davew is as cool as a cucumber!

lol unlucky dude must have set you back a bomb
Old 15th November 2006, 21:50   #18
piperX
Regular Poster

piperX is a jewel in the roughpiperX is a jewel in the roughpiperX is a jewel in the roughpiperX is a jewel in the rough

OMG and i thought i was unlucky with my cv joint going too. sell...sell...sell me thinks. tell them its a reliable runner, always starts first time etc. lol
piperX is offline   Reply With Quote