Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 6th January 2009, 09:49   #141
Badgersport
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 106 xsi 16v, Fiesta Tdci
iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullockXR View Post
well ive just read through the whole project and i have to say well done mate! love the miami blue xsis to start with but youve done some great work. respect for doing the work yourself and i`ll be keeping an eye on it as it continues
Thanks alot mate! Has changed a bit since i got the car. Yea i try do as much work myself on the car, even if something else does end up breaking!!

Out of interest, what xsi have you got?

Ste
Old 6th January 2009, 21:52   #142
BullockXR
Regular Poster

Car(s): peugeot 106 1.1 xr, peugeot 106 1.6 xsi, peugeot 3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
BullockXR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgersport View Post
Thanks alot mate! Has changed a bit since i got the car. Yea i try do as much work myself on the car, even if something else does end up breaking!!

Out of interest, what xsi have you got?

Ste

thats mine. 1.6 8v. i would track slag it but its my daily runner so its gettin tarted up for me to be comfy at work lol
BullockXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 23:01   #143
Badgersport
Established Member

Badgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to beholdBadgersport is a splendid one to behold

Very nice xsi you've got!!! Love the colour of it. And its rare to find them in that colour isn't it?

Got many plans for it? Got a progress thread anywhere? - wouldn't mind taking a look.

Ste

Last edited by Badgersport; 6th January 2009 at 23:13.
Badgersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 21:54   #144
Badgersport
Established Member

small update again.

Ever since i've owned the car its been squeeling until its warmed up. I thought it was the waterpump. But it wasn't until i removed the timing belt to tackle the waterpump i realised it was the timing belt tensioner........it was seized solid. Ooops! i think the belt had been occasionally going around it then just skipping across it as the belt was pretty worn.

So got myself a new timing belt kit ordered and a alternator belt. Fitted it and the noise has gone so im pretty happy about that.

I have removed the torsion bars from the vtr/vts disk beam on my garage floor. It required the sledge hammer so hopefully i will start to get the beam on the car this week. Will get some pics during.

Will need to get myself a brake line flaring kit but that can wait.

Ste
Old 20th January 2009, 11:30   #145
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

glad too see your still playing with it mate
hopefully i bump into ya at a trackday so i can see it going
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 11:58   #146
JamieB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mk4 Seat Ibiza Cupra
JamieB has a spectacular aura aboutJamieB has a spectacular aura aboutJamieB has a spectacular aura about

had a quick read of this thread whilst at work...coz im that busy!! lol and is a nice read!! project seems to be coming along nicely!!

Black 2006 Mk4 Ibiza Cupra - Upper Strut Brace, Rear ARB, Recirc Valve, 6000K HIDs, DS2500 pads, EBC brakes, Boost gauge, Oil pressure gauge...for now!!
JamieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 15:24   #147
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-VTS View Post
glad too see your still playing with it mate
hopefully i bump into ya at a trackday so i can see it going
Cheers Alex. Yea i seem to have lost my enthusiasm i had a few weeks back but will hopefully get back into it soon. Its just little niggly bits i need to do at the moment which involve money and im trying not to spend anything on my cars at the moment with being out of work.

But yea hopefully will see you at a trackday or few this year. Probably repping the 1400cc mahoosive! Until it breaks then i will look at what engine path to take next!

Ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieB View Post
had a quick read of this thread whilst at work...coz im that busy!! lol and is a nice read!! project seems to be coming along nicely!!
Thanks Jamie. Will hopefully be a nice little runner when its all finished........if it ever gets finished!

Ste
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:28   #148
Badgersport
Established Member

Well today i had a few hours and i wanted to get back to working on the xsi as i have been neglecting it.

So firstly i came to fit the new handbrake lever and as the old lever had been welded it made a bit of mess when i took it off. I decided to make a plate to cover the mess and make it secure enough to attach the new handbrake. Doesn't look pretty at the moment but hoping to get the whole interior sprayed when the weather warms up.

Once the handbrake lever was done and finished there was no stopping me. at 2:45p.m i got the car up in the air and wheels off but i saw black clouds heading my way so tried to get as much done before rain holted play.

Drum beam still in place

Drum beam removed

Disk beam lined up ready to be put in place

and at 4.00p.m Disk beam fitted

All i have left to do it plumb in the brake lines and put torsion bars back in.

Not bad for 1hr and 15 mins work and beams aren't the easiest of things to fit on your own.

Ste

Last edited by Badgersport; 22nd January 2009 at 17:33.
Badgersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 04:09   #149
titchster
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Was:16v 106 XS ..... Now: Import 1.8 MX5
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
titchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the rough

Looks good, just sat and read it, great stuff.
titchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 10:17   #150
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titchster View Post
Looks good, just sat and read it, great stuff.
Thanks Titchster, its starting to take shape now. Still quite a bit of work to be done mind before i get it on the road/track.

Ste
Old 24th January 2009, 16:37   #151
Badgersport
Established Member

Yesterday i got the car back on its wheels after lowering it (no pics as it was too dark) but i wasn't happy how the back end was sitting. So i went outside this morning and took it down a bit, but i now think its too low so will be knocking it back up a bit when i get chance.

Still need to extend the brake lines under the car by a couple of inches as they too short.

So next things to do are :

Extend brake lines
Find and fit manual windows
Get some uprated shocks as im running standards at the mo.
Rollcage
Decide what im doing engine wise but that may be in the future.

Ste
Old 24th January 2009, 22:58   #152
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

It is a touch low, only just though mate, anything more you can take out the back?!

Looks good though mate, get those few bits done now and then you can enjoy it in the summer, ring?!!

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 23:07   #153
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Ford Transit
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future

looks nice like that mate
Old 4th February 2009, 16:01   #154
Badgersport
Established Member

Well today my brake flaring kit arrived. So i flared 2 new brake pipes required from the disk beam conversion.

Just waiting for someone to help me bleed the brakes.

Also last week i painted my tow hook yellow as the paint had started to flake away.

And also today i fitted my Aero wipers off and xsara washer jets off the VTS! washers are much better!

Ste
Old 7th February 2009, 21:06   #155
Badgersport
Established Member

In the week i decided it was time to remove my electic window reg's and replace with manual items, mainly because i have no wiring to the doors now so electric windows don't work!

A massive thanks to Andi (Thecherry0121) who hand delivered the windows to me today, which i wasn't expecting! Top lad!

Also i have got my x-sport gear linkages off the vts that i will be fitting to the xsi

Will get the window winders and x-sport linkages fitted this week.

Ste
Old 7th February 2009, 21:16   #156
Sneakydevil89
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDi
iTrader Score: 36 (100%)
Sneakydevil89 is a splendid one to beholdSneakydevil89 is a splendid one to beholdSneakydevil89 is a splendid one to beholdSneakydevil89 is a splendid one to beholdSneakydevil89 is a splendid one to beholdSneakydevil89 is a splendid one to beholdSneakydevil89 is a splendid one to behold

like waht your doing with it mate
just a quick question. when you put the rear disc beam on, was there anything else you needed? like a new handbrake cable? im doing (with my mechanic friend) a 4 stud conversion on mine in the next 2 weeks, and want to know what sort of things ill need apart from the obvious rear beam?
Old 7th February 2009, 22:32   #157
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakydevil89 View Post
like waht your doing with it mate
just a quick question. when you put the rear disc beam on, was there anything else you needed? like a new handbrake cable? im doing (with my mechanic friend) a 4 stud conversion on mine in the next 2 weeks, and want to know what sort of things ill need apart from the obvious rear beam?
Thanks Sneakydevil. Its getting there slowly. When i fitted the disk beam, i used the vtr handbrake cables, vtr handbrake level from inside car and also the vtr brake lines but i had to flare some new lines about 8 inches or so long. I don't know what it will be like on a saxo. Are you going disk beam? If so you will need new handbrake cables, brake lines - unsure about handbrake lever though. Drop me a PM if you like.

Cheers Ste
Old 9th February 2009, 18:21   #158
Nij
Yorkshire
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C4 VTR Coupe Porsche 924
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Nij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team memberNij is a well respected team member

looking well mate.
where did you get you pipe flarer?

Not my Paxo's progress thread
162.4BHP VTR! Now gone, but not forgotten!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouldy87
Your car is like a irritated wasp
Nij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2009, 18:53   #159
Badgersport
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nij View Post
looking well mate.
where did you get you pipe flarer?
Thanks Nij. It was only a cheapy off ebay.

Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=220299853944

Its done the job spot on, bled the brakes yesterday and no leaks. Its a bit more difficult flaring the original brake pipes but the copper pipe was really easy.

Ste
Old 13th February 2009, 15:50   #160
Badgersport
Established Member

Well today as the weather was actually nice. I went and removed my electric window setup and changed it to manual window winders. The manuals weigh alot less than the Electric setup.

Decided to bolt the regulators in instead of rivet them.

Should have another update tomorrow.

Ste