Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 29th May 2017, 20:41   #181
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

Chipwizards is on a distinguished road

CG should know what torque it should hold. They should know the clamp force, the mean radius and the coefficient of friction and thus, the torque capacity.
70% more power means nothing really, because a high revving engine may have 70% more power but actually have less torque.
Chipwizards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2017, 20:48   #182
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizards View Post
CG should know what torque it should hold. They should know the clamp force, the mean radius and the coefficient of friction and thus, the torque capacity.
70% more power means nothing really, because a high revving engine may have 70% more power but actually have less torque.
Yea I see what your saying mate it will probably be alright once it's bedded in a little and not as problematic once the boost is capped etc
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 15:52   #183
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

as Wayne said, its the torque that would be causing the slip.... I know it failed mapping for forgive me I cant remember if you said your driving it on or off boost currently but if its off boost and slipping then there's a problem with the clutch / friction material (contamination more then likely)

if its low boost whilst you sort bits out then again it depends on how much torque you have.. ill dig out my graph later from the first generation of my turbo conversion as I cant remember how much nm it had off the top of my head...

what rpm is the boost coming in? mines fairly low but I change to 2nd before 2.5k rpm and I can launch it whilst rolling - eg just entering the track etc and I have no issues
AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 15:57   #184
gti180craig
Regular Poster

gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
as Wayne said, its the torque that would be causing the slip.... I know it failed mapping for forgive me I cant remember if you said your driving it on or off boost currently but if its off boost and slipping then there's a problem with the clutch / friction material (contamination more then likely)

if its low boost whilst you sort bits out then again it depends on how much torque you have.. ill dig out my graph later from the first generation of my turbo conversion as I cant remember how much nm it had off the top of my head...

what rpm is the boost coming in? mines fairly low but I change to 2nd before 2.5k rpm and I can launch it whilst rolling - eg just entering the track etc and I have no issues
Drives fine off boost I have to be careful as I can't let the boost climb to much but comes on boost around 2500rpm after about 5psi is when it starts to slip but atm I'm not going over around 4-4500 revs as trying to be careful until I can get the boost capped trying to find a actuator is proving difficult atm
Old 30th May 2017, 16:34   #185
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

AdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant futureAdamH has a brilliant future

are you running the standard wastegate actuator (on turbo)? if so I take it that its sealed?

From other cars I have seen people file around the lip to replace the spring and then make a plate or clamp to reseal it...

or failing that contact BTNturbo as they have always been helpful for me..

As for how it was mapped I'm sure might starts lower then 5psi at 2500 as I wanted a sympathetic map to ensure I don't spike too much too soon... as I have just recently moved I'm having a nightmare trying to find the box with the paperwork in but I think I had 190ftlb Torque..

Last edited by AdamH; 30th May 2017 at 16:37.
Old 30th May 2017, 16:41   #186
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
are you running the standard wastegate actuator (on turbo)? if so I take it that its sealed?

From other cars I have seen people file around the lip to replace the spring and then make a plate or clamp to reseal it...

or failing that contact BTNturbo as they have always been helpful for me..

As for how it was mapped I'm sure might starts lower then 5psi at 2500 as I wanted a sympathetic map to ensure I don't spike too much too soon... as I have just recently moved I'm having a nightmare trying to find the box with the paperwork in but I think I had 190ftlb Torque..
Yea standard actuator pressure is what I'm using will have a look into btnturbo cheers mate I've found a forge one but seems pricey considering what it is
Old 30th May 2017, 20:05   #187
AdamH
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

I went external wastegate to avoid this problem... far easier to change the springs (however some springs are £24 each)

Remember to get one specced to the lowest PSI you are intending to run... then use your boost controller etc from there... also ensure you set the preload correctly.

Out of interest I have a few questions from yourself (just read it all)

What degree thermostat are you using? 82 or 89?
what size piping are you using 2" / 2.25" / 2.5"?

Also JFI Manc and ben_vts also used the cgmotorsport clutches and didn't have issues not sure if they pop on here anymore but could be worth reading their blogs
Old 30th May 2017, 20:16   #188
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Talking

Quote:
I went external wastegate to avoid this problem... far easier to change the springs (however some springs are £24 each)

Remember to get one specced to the lowest PSI you are intending to run... then use your boost controller etc from there... also ensure you set the preload correctly.

Out of interest I have a few questions from yourself (just read it all)

What degree thermostat are you using? 82 or 89?
what size piping are you using 2" / 2.25" / 2.5"?

Also JFI Manc and ben_vts also used the cgmotorsport clutches and didn't have issues not sure if they pop on here anymore but could be worth reading their blogs
Standard thermostat mate and 2.25 sized piping not sure what's going on with my clutch then only thing I can think of is the amount of boost that was put thru it on the rr has maybe glazed it??
Old 30th May 2017, 21:34   #189
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

I used to deal with these people a lot back in the 80's when I was involved with Turbo-Technics.

http://www.helical-technology.com/actuators/
Old 31st May 2017, 08:31   #190
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

to clarify your clutch situation
180bhp @3000rpm is same torque as 360bhp @6000rpm,
so when specifying a clutch all you need to know is max torque capacity of the cover and max torque your engine is making
Old 5th June 2017, 09:11   #191
gti180craig
Regular Poster

No real updates atm struggling to find a actuator for my turbo nobody can help me debating opening mine and changing the spring any one know where I can get one from?? Clutch situation ATM is I'm gonna save up for a paddle then try and chase cg for my money back or at least some of it hg is still leaking need to find another gasket and get it changed the garage have agreed to change it for free in the mean time I have noticed the car was getting hot fast in traffic so installed some vents to be different it's very marmite but they do the job was quite scary cutting my bonnet up hahaha

So that's the latest will update when I get things sorted

Last edited by gti180craig; 10th July 2017 at 22:01.
Old 5th June 2017, 10:49   #192
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

change thermostat for an 82c --std one is 88c--
might help
maybe gte ecu man to later temp which fan comes on at --or fit vts fan monting whioch has holes for 2 fans +put second on switch
Old 5th June 2017, 10:57   #193
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Good idea regarding thermostat any idea where I can get one from ?? Also spoke to cg they have agreed to supply me a paddle clutch at a discounted rate better than nothing I guess
Old 5th June 2017, 19:53   #194
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

The fan arrangement is the most likely culprit if it's getting hot in traffic.
What was the fan like, I can't remember...
Old 5th June 2017, 20:46   #195
adam_baker
Established Member

Car(s): 2000 'X' Reg Citroen Saxo VTR, 2 Tone
adam_baker is on a distinguished road

Your getting there buddy, just keep going, will all be worth it at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adam_baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 15:40   #196
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Well I've covered 1200 miles since fitting the turbo and apart from the epic hg leak it's doing ok I received some post today

Actuator and ecu cover actuator arms feels loads easier to move than my current one however I need to get it checked , since cutting my bonnet I noticed when it rained it would drip onto my ecu so broughta ecu cover has Deffo made a visual difference aswell as serving a purpose

Next plans are to get the car booked back in to have the hg done AGAIN urgh then hopefully it should be ready for mapping the issue with the clutch has stopped I've just had to adjust my driving style I've noticed if I don't rest my foot on the clutch pedal it doesn't slip when on boost so I'm gonna try adjusting the clutch arm and hopefully that should sort it also took a couple of pics yesterday as fitted some pressed plates thanks for looking

Last edited by gti180craig; 10th July 2017 at 22:08.
Old 12th June 2017, 17:51   #197
sri_130
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

sri_130 is on a distinguished road

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/106-Single...-/262634394136
sri_130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 18:38   #198
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_130 View Post
Quality find nice one
Old 12th June 2017, 22:16   #199
Chipwizards
Frequent Poster

You shouldn't rest your foot on the clutch in any case so maybe fitting a footrest would be sensible.

Slackening the cable won't change it unless it's currently too tight and loading the clutch.
Old 13th June 2017, 06:47   #200
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipwizards View Post
You shouldn't rest your foot on the clutch in any case so maybe fitting a footrest would be sensible.

Slackening the cable won't change it unless it's currently too tight and loading the clutch.
Well you have literally only have to touch the pedal a bit and it slips so it might be to tight will be in touch soon Wayne to book round 2