Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 20th October 2015, 18:20   #41
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
How's your aging bmw? Must be due classic car insurance soon? That'll be nice for you - will probably be able to afford to use super-plus fuel then not 95 eh.
It's still awesome thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 12:14   #42
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

Get the remade Turkish RS2, you 100% won't regret it.

trolol
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2015, 17:09   #43
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

Looks good Ross but needs an update. 👍
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alanapone For This Useful Post:
Old 18th December 2015, 14:49   #44
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
Ross is on a distinguished road

Clio has had some more work done recently and a trip out!

We fitted the intercom which we'd been meaning to get round to for ages, knowing that the car is so loud inside spending the day in it would make us deaf and with croaky voices from shouting. So much better - I remember from my 106 days what a boon it is to be able to talk at a perfectly normal volume despite the chaos around. Lovely!

Next up was another set of wheels - this time super light weight 15's. We've shod these in 595RSR's again as they're a bloody awesome tyre frankly. However, slight schoolboy error is that of course we're running the car on trackdays through the winter, so we could do with some full wets really. I'm investigating wet tyre options as we speak - rainsports most likely. Will get the tyres swapped over when they arrive.

We've also had the car setup for track use by Ktec - all suspension geometry, ride height, etc. Wasn't especially cheap but we're really happy with it even on the road - turn in is incredibly sharp now, and it's like it's on rails.

Brakes are bedded in - the RC6's squeal like a burning cat at slow speed but at high speed are just unreal - I've never felt anything as strong as those and they keep on giving - no fade yet and we've pushed them on track (more to follow about that). Very very pleased.

So - onto it's outing.

Bedford Autodrome GT circuit Saturday 12th November 2015.

Packed pretty much every tool I own into the Mazda, and after Steve arrived at mine in the clio (at 6am with a straight through decatted exhaust and CL6 squealy brakes!) we set off. In the rain Arrived at the track for 07:30, still dark of course. Signed on, got settled in, had the obligatory bacon sandwich (although Bedford has gone all posh now so it's a fucking panini or chibatta or some italian thing but it still had pig in it so that was ok).

We've got the help of Michael Moyers from JC Weldfab for the morning. Michael part-owns JC Weldfab who did our cage and exhaust, and the Audi etc, but in a past life he was a full time ARDS instructor for 4 years working out of Silverstone. Now he races in single seaters/Formula Ford. He knows his shit, and is a mega nice chap to boot.

We started slowly and the track is terrifying - I've never driven on such a slippery surface. We had brand new 595RSR's on still not scrubbed in, and the track was especially greasy we were told. Michael coaxed/coached us into improving, and we were doing about 6 laps each, then coming in to swap drivers. We drove like that solidly until 12:30 lunch, other than once when the track was closed for recovery of a crash. Michael did a few laps and it's staggering how the car went in the right hands - nothing came past, and we're overtaking everything that gets in the way - including all the quattro/4wd stuff that was blitzing everything all day. He can really peddle!

After lunch Michael had to go, so left us to our own devices. We didn't do timed laps or anything, and the afternoon did have periods where the rain stopped and it got a little grippier so we were able to push harder. I think we made some dramatic improvements - certainly less seemed to be passing us!

Michael commented before going that he thinks the car is incredibly well set up, and in the dry will be a real weapon. Whilst we cant agree yet due to inexperience, I can say it's one of the best car's handling wise I've driven in a long time - we're able to power out of corners much earlier than I would ever have expected, the cars handling is predictable and reliable, smooth and progressive with no nasty surprises yet. Will be different in the full dry I'm sure, but I'm growing in confidence with it.

The whole day went past with no problems whatsoever. There was a glitch with the key/alarm at one point but that took 10 minutes to fix but other than that the car was flawless. It took a beating for a complete day without breaking a sweat - only stopping for lunch and fuel in the afternoon. It was literally driven continuously other than that and behaved incredibly well!

We've now booked Nurburgring for March '16 (easter) already so we're looking forward to that and planning / preparing, starting with the next session at Bedford which is already booked for Jan 16th. Hopefully it's dry but we should have the wet tyres by then if not either way.

Overall it's staggeringly good fun and cheap really too. We're over the moon!

Last edited by Ross; 18th December 2015 at 14:51.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 19:08   #45
Beaniemoo
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Yellow 106 Rallye
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Beaniemoo is on a distinguished road

Apparently I saw you out on track!
Found out when I went for a pint with my brother!?
Looking good! Nice to see you using it, you were going well
Old 18th December 2015, 23:58   #46
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Great update, nice to see the car performed well and exceeded expectations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 01:13   #47
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure on green wheels but awesome stuff nonetheless
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 08:09   #48
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Default Clio 182 Track Car

Another great day at Bedford yesterday.
Started at 10:30 due to ice on one part of the track but once we got going it was a cracking day. Weather was very kind (especially as we have a blanket of snow today!) - sun was out all day and much joy was had.

Started on new tyres - I seem to have scrubbed those in nicely! Need to check brakes also as has a little bit of sponge towards the end of the day - not surprising really as we didn't bleed the abs unit fully when we last did the fluid change so it's probably just that.

Only other thing we had to do was raise the suspension 10mm because this is our first trackday in the dry it was rubbing a little with the extra cornering forces. We tried just stiffening the shocks up to max but that just made things worse as car was just skipping across the suave and wasn't compliant at all. So bit the bullet and pulled the wheels off and raised it a touch - then put the shocks back to something sensible

Car is now mapped with RS Tuner for our setup - very happy with it it's made a noticeable difference in midrange torque and used the limiter. Also sorts the decat and means we don't get the EML now.

Car is staggeringly fast - very rewarding to see several "proper cars" getting blue flagged in front of us - lotus's, caterhams etc.

Last edited by Ross; 17th January 2016 at 08:15.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:
Old 17th January 2016, 12:46   #49
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Glad she's going well!
Can you get/make custom maps with the RS Tuner? I thought it was only what Henk supplied?
Old 17th January 2016, 13:10   #50
Rossp
Super Moderator

As far as I understand, he has lots of maps for different spec cars - so if we added cams etc he has a map for that etc. But the device has other functions/modules like abs etc to allow control. We're happy with how much power the car has at the moment and don't see the need for more right now. Happy it's running so good!
Old 17th January 2016, 13:57   #51
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Videos!!!
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 16:41   #52
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
As far as I understand, he has lots of maps for different spec cars - so if we added cams etc he has a map for that etc. But the device has other functions/modules like abs etc to allow control. We're happy with how much power the car has at the moment and don't see the need for more right now. Happy it's running so good!
Well you learn something new every day!
Old 18th January 2016, 17:09   #53
Rossp
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJoee View Post
Well you learn something new every day!
I've never been a fan of generic maps as I believe each car is different. And I stand by that. But in reality, we could pay 3x the price for a custom map and maybe get another 2hp. What we have right now is a great balance of price Vs performance
Old 24th January 2016, 17:28   #54
Rossp
Super Moderator

So. Loads done today. Old suspension(!) removed (old being 400 miles / 3 months!) and replaced with new.

Previously we were running spax rsx coilovers front and rear, with 380lbs front and 260lbs rear springs. This was good on the road but the first dry track day immediately showed their limits. With them at a height that stopped it rubbing body roll was noticeable. Lower it and it rubbed. The only solution was to raise it and max out the damper stiffness but then we lost compliance in the tyres. And with the purchase of some slicks (not fitted yet) things are only going to get worse.

So we puckered up and spent another £1100 on the MC750 race setup. Further uprated dampers and better springs - now 740lbs front and 450lbs rear.

Stripping and refitting that lot meant the geometry needs setting up again. Previously we'd had ktec racing Sadi that for us, but we knew the settings we wanted this time so I bought a camber gauge and set about getting it back how we want it. Now running 3 degrees front and stock rear (although we may buy some 1 degree shims for the rear depending on the outcome of the next track day in two weeks).

That done, bled the brakes again as there was a little sponginess after the last trackday. I think it was just air in the abs unit as they were fine until the abs kicked in a few times on track.

That done, it was time for a new sticker. Thanks to Chris @ BeanieSport for supporting us with cheap servicing and plenty of guidance when we've needed it, Steve had offered to put a sticker on the car. Finally got it done.

We're ready for the next track day now - two weeks time!

Old (yellow) vs new (black):

Camber adjustment:

BeanieSport sticker:
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:51   #55
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Cracking work Ross, moved on a lot since I last checked the thread.

hopefully catch you down at the autodrome at some point!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote