Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 26th July 2016, 09:54   #21
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solvi View Post
so...make no sense to change from 266 to v6 brembos?

its almost the same or just litlle beter?

i use 266 brembo max plus ds2500 pads...its ok but not 5*.
What tyres do you run? Really you have to start with the suspension, chassis and tyres as well as an evaluation as to what you think is wrong in your current setup and what are you trying to achieve.

My first thoughr is the DS2500 is hardly a great race pad. Its a low temperature pad really for very lightweight cars. For Saxo sized and bigger its only really good for fast road or for the rear.

Moving to a larger brake setup with decent quality components will allow you to lower unsprung weight to improve handling and suspension sensitivity as a bonus. The 280mm discs I have for my car are 2.5kg each! Fitting heavy road setups usually does the opposite. Some people are more sensitive to this than others though. I felt one of my cars was significantly better after 'downgrading' the wheels and brakes to smaller.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 01:45   #22
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
My first thoughr is the DS2500 is hardly a great race pad. Its a low temperature pad really for very lightweight cars. For Saxo sized and bigger its only really good for fast road or for the rear..
My VTS is track only and the DS2500 have been epic, would CL pads be a vast improvement?

I only rock poverty rear disks as I was told the rear does nothing? should I stick some on the back?
Old 27th July 2016, 18:42   #23
solvi
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo 1600 cup trackday. vw golf iv 150cv. benz
solvi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
What tyres do you run? Really you have to start with the suspension, chassis and tyres as well as an evaluation as to what you think is wrong in your current setup and what are you trying to achieve.

i always run sliks..michelin in 15

My first thoughr is the DS2500 is hardly a great race pad. Its a low temperature pad really for very lightweight cars. For Saxo sized and bigger its only really good for fast road or for the rear.

i agree....will improve to ds3000 or cl

Moving to a larger brake setup with decent quality components will allow you to lower unsprung weight to improve handling and suspension sensitivity as a bonus. The 280mm discs I have for my car are 2.5kg each! Fitting heavy road setups usually does the opposite. Some people are more sensitive to this than others though. I felt one of my cars was significantly better after 'downgrading' the wheels and brakes to smaller.
and im sensitive to that...thats why ist important to consider the wheight increment , by chaging from 266 to 288....

but ill have to try and see the difrence...
solvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 20:10   #24
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZiZZle View Post
My VTS is track only and the DS2500 have been epic, would CL pads be a vast improvement?

I only rock poverty rear disks as I was told the rear does nothing? should I stick some on the back?
The RC6 has load more bite than the DS2500 and copes with higher brake temperatures, allowing you to run smaller discs..
My customers racing their saxos on standard calipers are all using RC6
I'd run uprated at the back to keep braking balance, but you have to be wary on compound. The back does a lot less than the front but it does a fair bit still.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 08:40   #25
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

as an old racer said to me --"who needs brakes they only hold you back".
I would add to that and say last man on the brakes into the corner will usually have a faster lap --so a bit extra weight which can mean you brake 20 yards later, not fade with laps , will more than make up for extra weight -

fiting 283mm brakes on our ax race car made brakes so good that with sticky tyres we could pull bottom wishbones back under braking causing tyres to touch inner archs ( 15" wheels)--so we had to fit tie bars from lower arms to front of chassis leg .like old mini to stop it --it was distorting the inner pickup points under braking --not same prob on saxo as the lower pickup plates are double thickness