Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 8th August 2016, 21:10   #1
MrJonty

MrJonty is on a distinguished road
Default New gearbox has wrong lever?

My VTR had a noisy gearbox so I got another one, which I checked the number of and confirmed that it was a VTR one.

Now I've got round to taking the old one off (code 4es2), it turns out that it's a slightly different design: the uppermost gear linkage has a ball joint that points straight up, like on this one: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/Mzc1WDUwMA==/z/UlUAAMXQlUNRNJav/$T2eC16V,!zQE9s3ssV36BRNJ,v3Byw~~60_1.JPG

The one we've fitted has one that points out sideways, like this one:
http://images31.fotki.com/v1040/phot...201/pin-vi.jpg

This means that the gear linkage doesn't fit - it looks like it would have done at one time, but it's been cut, rotated and welded to fit the different position.

Anybody come across this before? Does this mean I've bought a weird gearbox or just removed one? Bonus: anybody know how to get the linkage off without taking the entire assembly out, because there's an antiroll bar blocking that and I've already spent two days swapping the blasted gearbox...
MrJonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2016, 23:28   #2
josh1989
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): mk.2 green vts
josh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant future

the g/b you fitted is the normal one (in my experience at least), a new link arm should fix this, to get them off get an open end spanner, wedge between linkage and mount, and pop it off easy enough
Old 4th September 2016, 19:57   #3
AntscVTR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 99 VTS
AntscVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1989 View Post
the g/b you fitted is the normal one (in my experience at least), a new link arm should fix this, to get them off get an open end spanner, wedge between linkage and mount, and pop it off easy enough
*sorry for hijacking the thread*

Josh did you used to work at Thornton Lodge?
AntscVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 18:26   #4
josh1989
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

josh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant futurejosh1989 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntscVTR View Post
*sorry for hijacking the thread*

Josh did you used to work at Thornton Lodge?
I did yes haha who are you?
Old 6th September 2016, 13:12   #5
AntscVTR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 99 VTS
AntscVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh1989 View Post
I did yes haha who are you?
Oh nice! Small world. I used to work there and I remember a guy called Josh with a green VTS, I was the guy from the kitchen who got knocked over and bought that rx7. Friends with Yorkie Rick and Jonjo.

Last edited by AntscVTR; 6th September 2016 at 13:16.
AntscVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2016, 15:48   #6
josh1989
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntscVTR View Post
Oh nice! Small world. I used to work there and I remember a guy called Josh with a green VTS, I was the guy from the kitchen who got knocked over and bought that rx7. Friends with Yorkie Rick and Jonjo.
Oh yeh I remember nearly 10 years now! that was my old stupidly low vtr had vts badges on for some reason