Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 1st January 2010, 20:48   #61
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMTech View Post
Danny,

We supply sme little threaded tubes that need to be tapped into each body after the throttle blade. From there you can either link them all up with T-Pieces.

If you still experience oscillating map readings, you can either use a large volume of pipe or a small box to conect all the hoses to before running to the ECU to smooth out the valve pressure waves and standing waves etc.

Thank god the V4 has 4D mapping otherwise it would be tricky!

Matt
thanks for the input james.

luckily the tb's i have, do have a large vacuum take off, off all 4 bores after the butterfly.... ill T this off to the brake servo also = win win.
Old 1st January 2010, 21:08   #62
blocks85
Regular Poster

Car(s): track saxo vts, subaru 1800 pick up, daihatsu four
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
blocks85 is on a distinguished road

First of all id like to say a big thanks to matt at MTECH for putting himself out to do the mapping on the car as he was meant to be closed but he opened up so we could do some test mapping to see how the car was and get round any running problems the car might have.

Matts mapping skills are second to none, The cars was running like a bag of nails to start with from how i gave him the car, then after he stared to map it, in no time at all the differrence was amazing with in such a short time. he refined the car really well and the improvements were amazing from how it was. the low down pull now is absoloulty awesome from what it was, this is the main notice from gaining the extra 50ft/lb torque which is quite remarkable from such little time on the rollers.

were now going to take the boddies off to put the vacumm pipe take offs on each inlet track so the map sensor can get a more stable reading for smooth low down mapping issues as its irractic off one cylinder.

The next step it to take the bodies off; then whip the head off too where a de comp plate is going to be fitted.

Id like people to know that engine its completly standard in terms of head work and bottom end etc. It only has cams which are not ideal in this set up but will be staying as built on a budget and dont have loads of money to chuck at it.

This is a car which me, chris and matt from MTECH are trying to build on a low budget but trying to utillise the car for what it is and get the most out of it without throwing thousands at it. this is not the point of this car.

The build so far with buying the car originally and everything on it now to date, does now nowe me about £3100 which i think is a lot of car for the money as it gives us a lot of fun on the.

when its back together it will be taken to MTECH for final mapping and finishing, bhp levels are irrelivant to us. its driveability as the car before was awesomly quick and would hold its own against anything round castle combe.

now its gonna be even better and hoping to get to combe again on 27th february for another track day to have som more fun.

Thanks again to everyones help on here and Matt @ MTECH for putting him self out to do the mapping as that was a great help.

Cheers chris & chris.

Last edited by blocks85; 1st January 2010 at 21:20.
blocks85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 21:31   #63
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

thats great news mate, its good your happy and are now getting good results from smaller budget...

please get a in car vid when your doing your trackday.i bet it sounds awesome.
Old 1st January 2010, 21:36   #64
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

Car(s): VTRallye
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!

looks very good in the video's.

i also see that road has a nice new bit of tarmac lol
Old 1st January 2010, 23:30   #65
JamesMTech
L-plater

JamesMTech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
looks very good in the video's.

i also see that road has a nice new bit of tarmac lol
Ah you mean the M-Tech test track

Matt
JamesMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 09:26   #66
blocks85
Regular Poster

I was going to ask if anyone had a DE COMPRESION PLATE or biggger INJECTORS kicking about that they wanted to sell to let me know asap as i could do with them.

Thanks again peeps
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:59   #67
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of

Good project here bud. It's good to see someone doing it rather than just talk about it.

Although a few questions, are you still using the same tb setup as when it was n/a? In regards to inlet lengths, I thought it was more beneficial for a boosted car to have a smaller one?

Also would a touch bigger turbo not be more suited to the 1.6 valver engine?

Don't take this in a negative way, as it's not meant to as I'm no turbo guru at all, just we are getting custom inlets made up and the research I have done into them indicate a shorter inlet without equal length runners aid's boosted cars. As there is a mani that has both types of runners, and a valve so you can swap between them, long runners to aid low down and short for higher up.

Like I said definately not out to criticise, I think it's an awesome car, just would like to hear the thinking behind it. As I could be speaking total bollocks like myself!
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:33   #68
beaverbarry

beaverbarry is on a distinguished road

the inlets are the same as the n/a tb setup. we just had the short trumpets welded to the plenum not sure whats best we just made some thing and tryed it . as for the turbo we wanted the smallest turbo we could find to reduce lag that is also the reason behind using a small intercooler less to fill up. we are not aiming for big hp just low down grunt
beaverbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 17:38   #69
blocks85
Regular Poster

Last edited by blocks85; 5th January 2010 at 17:40.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:44   #70
MARTYN19588
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): clio 182, golf v6 4motion
MARTYN19588 is a splendid one to beholdMARTYN19588 is a splendid one to beholdMARTYN19588 is a splendid one to beholdMARTYN19588 is a splendid one to beholdMARTYN19588 is a splendid one to beholdMARTYN19588 is a splendid one to beholdMARTYN19588 is a splendid one to behold

must be a fair track weapon is it?
MARTYN19588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 18:00   #71
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

That there looks pretty fucking sweet!! you had it rolling roaded?

Up The Toon
Jimmy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 18:02   #72
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

yer looks good, would think about the brakes though with that much power and standard vts brake would look at 4 pots of something maybe to help the braking.

looks good though

andy
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 22:13   #73
blocks85
Regular Poster

Old 5th January 2010, 22:20   #74
blocks85
Regular Poster

Old 5th January 2010, 22:24   #75
blocks85
Regular Poster

hi all, just put up a few more pics as the car is stripped back down again. had to take the bodies off to put 4 vacuum take offs in the inlet tracks for the map sensor. done them today at lunch where i used bailey motorsport dump valve staright fittings, then tapped them into the bodies as in the pics above.

will be going back together with new head gaskets etc to lower the compression, new cambelt, head bolts and so on.

when all back and finished we will take the car back to MTECH where MATT will finish off the mapping in the final session on the rollers!!.

many thabks chris and chris.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:35   #76
blocks85
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTYN19588 View Post
must be a fair track weapon is it?
To give the car the justice it deserves it is really good to be honest, as its so light and stripped out it handles and breaks very well. the grip is amazing too which being front wheel drive you would think would be rubbish, but as we found last track day it was amazing in the wet too. i have friends that have 330hp evos and scoobs and it sticks with them all day, so on a whole its a really good car which has been built on a really tight budget.

cheers
Old 5th January 2010, 22:38   #77
blocks85
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySAXO View Post
yer looks good, would think about the brakes though with that much power and standard vts brake would look at 4 pots of something maybe to help the braking.

looks good though

andy
to be fair andy as the car is so light and stripped out, the breaks do a really good job. i never have any trouble with them at castle combe and we push really hard too. 4 pots are gonna be on the cards in the future to be on the safe side but the budget wont allow that for a while bud.

thanks for your intersest.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:42   #78
blocks85
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Boy View Post
That there looks pretty fucking sweet!! you had it rolling roaded?
we did a part session on the rollers to see how the car was as i cant drive it on the road. it got to 163hp and 170lb/ft torque at 5psi which is a right little animal now. we stopped mapping as needed to do the 4 vacuum take offs in boddies as the pictures show. as i mentioned before bhp levels are irrelivant really as the car was fast before so it gonna be even better now. its the drive ability of the car which is more important to me. it will be mapped at about 10psi hopefull so we will se how it gets on when its mapped soon.

cheers
Old 7th January 2010, 21:37   #79
blocks85
Regular Poster

Just to show you peeps how the car originally started and how far the car has come since i first got it. I bought the car to serve the purpose soley as a track car about 8 months ago and since then we have stripped, built amd fabricated it into what it is today. From a STANDARD VTS to a THROTTLEBODIED TURBO VTS
with the aid of a farm workshop to build it and MTECH to map and tune it!.

Old 8th January 2010, 19:19   #80
stinkycheese
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Pink Jazz
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
stinkycheese is on a distinguished road

Looks immense for the money it has cost. Why the crap wheels though? I cant imagine they are very light?