Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 18th September 2016, 23:43   #1
VtrCots

Car(s): Saxo furio, Ford maverick, Audi A3, saxo vtr
VtrCots is on a distinguished road
Default 2 way crossovers

I've just got some 2 way cross overs, there 'in phase' ones but they have 6 screw in bits, (input,tweeters,subwoofers) now of course I know what the tweeters input and subs are but my question is what do I connect the normal speakers to? As apparently I have the connect the normal speaker wires into the (input) then the tweeters of course into the (tweeters), do I put them in the subwoofer or what? If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appriceated
VtrCots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 16:33   #2
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

One signal in, 2 outs, one for tweeter one for woofer. You don't plug a tweeter in a woofer output. They would most likely burn.

Didn't this come with instructions?
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 18:52   #3
VtrCots

Nope as bought them second hand of someone, I didn't mean the tweeters into the subwoofer mate, meant the normal speakers into the subwoofer ones? As of course the wires that are built into the car to go to the door speakers once snipped for aftermarket speakers is 2 wires, so all in all I have 6 wires to put into the crossovers? 2 for speakers, 2 for input (original wires from car) and 2 for the tweeters? Sorry probably sounds confusing I can't really think of a simpler way to explain my confusion here lol
Old 19th September 2016, 20:43   #4
P-Courty
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): Blue/White Flatarch Saxslow Ph.1
P-Courty has a spectacular aura aboutP-Courty has a spectacular aura aboutP-Courty has a spectacular aura about

+- input = cables from radio (left front +- or right front +- pairs depending which side your wiring)
+- tweeter = high pitch output to your new tweeters
+- subwoofer = low pitch output to you componant speakers

you do have tweeters and componant speakers don't you? not coaxials?

Last edited by P-Courty; 19th September 2016 at 20:46.
P-Courty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2016, 21:28   #5
VtrCots

Cheers to clarify that up I sort of have sense on it now, will go pick them up in the morning from post office and will reply if they all working okay and if I end up being a bit of a spac about it still 😏 Yep have tweeters and component speakers, hopefully all is fine I thought that was the case yet I've been searching online and couldn't find anything that makes sense on it, and just kinda confused me lol! Also anyone got any ideas to do with central locking? Pretty much I want to depin my doors, but I want to still be able to lock the doors from inside the car so i was hoping for some way to connect a wire to the central locking up to a switch that I can install into the dash so whenever I hit that button/switch the central locking engages?
Old 20th September 2016, 07:02   #6
P-Courty
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): Blue/White Flatarch Saxslow Ph.1
P-Courty has a spectacular aura aboutP-Courty has a spectacular aura aboutP-Courty has a spectacular aura about

i would of thought in order to have a switch instead of a door pin you would have to check which cable going into the door module operates the lock/unlock mechanism and how it operates (either voltage or resistance) then add a switch to copy that.

if it just supplies 12v to lock unlock then you could do that quite easily.

tbh though i think you might have to get a new unit to do that as the majority of central locking uses a main control unit (like a little ecu) to control switching.

unfortunatly thats as much as i can help on that, there may be a thread on here somewhere.
Old 20th September 2016, 10:20   #7
VtrCots

Yeh that's exactly what I was thinking :/ wouldn't be too much of an issue though as my central locking has recently stopped working after my battery has been dead for a while, so was going to install a new box but maybe I'll have a look at that option, got a few ideas to do inside anyway so will have a look through everything as I go I guess, cheers for the help much appriceated!
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:26   #8
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Just use the keyfob when in the car

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote