Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 28th February 2010, 21:15   #141
Mark51p
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf GT
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!Mark51 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb2002 View Post
You may be right. I am a web developer by trade and work on a large community based website so I know how these things go. Long-term members will also hit a lull in activity and moan that it's just not what it used to be back in the day.

What these users sometimes fail to realise is that the community is what you make it. If you don't contribute, you don't get anything in return.

I'm probably getting a bit too serious now, so ill shut up (I know mods would jump on my comment, that always happens in these sort of threads )

Just relax and enjoy the ride as i see it.
agreed, you seem to know what your on about david.
Mark51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:16   #142
saxo_ron
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Honda DC5, Gruppe M and j's racing
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
saxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxo_vtr View Post
Glad you made this comment, just proved a lot of comments in this thread about sax-p not being very "newbie friendly" wrong
I think the newbie friendly thing comes down to the perceived attitude of noobs, sometimes theyre bells sometimes not. Ive never had an issue (bar one recently which is sorted) and im coming from the NE region which is volatile as fuck. Best protec ya neck in there !!!

As for it not being fun and friends not being made, surely if you want it to be fun it will be and if you want to make new friends you can?

Saxo_vtr presumably your a mod as your on here 24/7 and try and answer questions regularly? I just hope that Ryan doesnt stop arguing with you in engine section as it has always amused me. Dont want to see you mods sticking together

quick to the point, to the point no fakin', cookin mc's like a lb of bacon!!!
saxo_ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:20   #143
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo_ron View Post
I think the newbie friendly thing comes down to the perceived attitude of noobs, sometimes theyre bells sometimes not. Ive never had an issue (bar one recently which is sorted) and im coming from the NE region which is volatile as fuck. Best protec ya neck in there !!!

As for it not being fun and friends not being made, surely if you want it to be fun it will be and if you want to make new friends you can?

Saxo_vtr presumably your a mod as your on here 24/7 and try and answer questions regularly? I just hope that Ryan doesnt stop arguing with you in engine section as it has always amused me. Dont want to see you mods sticking together
I don't fully know the reasons why i was granted the postion of mod, of course i can guess but only Simo knows fully as it was his final decision. And i try awfully hard in the engine section, but Ryan does always know better and as you know i sometimes get things wrong. But as with everyone else, i am still learning and the more time i spend on here the more i learn

I actually like Ryan proving me wrong as i learn from it and can answer correctly the next time the question comes up
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:23   #144
saxo_ron
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

saxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nicesaxo_ron is just really nice

Quote:
I don't fully know the reasons why i was granted the postion of mod, of course i can guess but only Simo knows fully as it was his final decision. And i try awfully hard in the engine section, but Ryan does always know better and as you know i sometimes get things wrong. But as with everyone else, i am still learning and the more time i spend on here the more i learn

I actually like Ryan proving me wrong as i learn from it for the next time the question comes up
It wasnt a dig mate its just always amused me, I like the fact you help, bet you have the responses saved to a word pad though, I would have !!!

Anyhow I only live my life a cup of tea at a time and im all out so im off to boil the kettle

Old 28th February 2010, 21:26   #145
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Integra DC5R & VTS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Anyhow I only live my life a cup of tea at a time and im all out so im off to boil the kettle
There's a sig quote if i ever saw one!
Liam_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:27   #146
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It wasnt a dig mate its just always amused me, I like the fact you help, bet you have the responses saved to a word pad though, I would have !!!

Didn't take it as a dig at all mate

It is amusing the way Ryan words things though, and his timing after i post a wrong response (Hasn't happend in a while thank god)

But when i joined if you mentioned to me a 4-2-1 manifold, i would have asked "What is one of them?" Learnt a unbelievable ammount from here over the years
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:28   #147
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Learnt a unbelievable ammount from here over the years
Aug 2008 lol

Yes time flys.
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:29   #148
saxo_ron
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Theres a lot of knowledge on here and fortunately much of it is explained in a way that isnt timmy technical clems meaning you need a degree to understand it. I think a lot of people will have learnt a lot

In fact - did you add me as a friend many a moon ago after chatting tfatf quotes?

Old 28th February 2010, 21:31   #149
Jackman
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): iTB 205 Rallye, 205 STDT.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!

Well fuck me....

I see plenty of good threads posted each day!

Theres also some utter shit ones that get posted day in day out.

If you don't like the site, then don't come on here, it's really not that hard!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but this thread is just ludicrous!

Surely the mods are here to make the best of the club!

The mods will never do right to some people on this site. It's the internet get the fuck over it!
Old 28th February 2010, 21:33   #150
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman View Post
Well fuck me....

I see plenty of good threads posted each day!

Theres also some utter shit ones that get posted day in day out.

If you don't like the site, then don't come on here, it's really not that hard!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but this thread is just ludicrous!

Surely the mods are here to make the best of the club!

The mods will never do right to some people on this site. It's the internet get the fuck over it!

You are my new Best Friend
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:37   #151
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
I just hope that Ryan doesnt stop arguing with you in engine section as it has always amused me. Dont want to see you mods sticking together
Hes my bitch still
Old 28th February 2010, 21:37   #152
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
as above,i used to come online and have a few ppl online willing for a laugh, a bit banter, now its dead..... someone explain, these days i come on and theres more guests then members... bring it back shit heads haha!! not even any useless comments or total bolox any more?
the fun and good times died on this site long ago matey, plus all the knowledgeable members got fed up answering the same questions in the performance section day after day after day after day.

"i want to super charge, turbo or throttle body my vtr/s for £100"

after correcting soooooooooooooooooo many people it gets tedious and boring.

then the site got full of n00bs and went even more down hill. that's my 2ps worth.

i used to pretty much live on saxo p and it was a brilliant forum but now it is a shadow of its former self im afraid
gouldy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 21:45   #153
Jackman
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

Car(s): iTB 205 Rallye, 205 STDT.
Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!Jackman is absolutely fabulous!

How is the site supposed to progressive without the new people coming through though!

It can't be based around the old times! Most the 'old school' don't even own a Saxo anymore!

We were all 'noobs' at one point, when i look back at my old threads i asked stupid things and typed like an absolute tool!

It's a Saxo based site at the end of the day and needs Saxo owners to keep that theme running!