Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 23rd November 2009, 14:15   #1
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!
Default Cdj - 2000

Looking quite fruity next to a 1000...

Old 24th November 2009, 02:50   #2
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

i expect the price tag to be pretty "fruity" too

i doubt theres anything other than 1000's being used in clubs. so wont be long before the 2000's are everywhere. pioneer really are leading the industry in CDJ's

'tis the future for sure. more accessable music, easier to transport around, endless options of un-released tracks.

ive seen many DJ's turn up to clubs with just a small CD case
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 13:22   #3
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

except turning up with just a laptop is far easyer

These are not released yet, wont be for a short while, we should be getting the first batch once the software is all sorted for them i belive.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:05   #4
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

ive not seen many DJ's with laptops in clubs, grooverider, deadmau5 and goth trad to name the only ones i can think of

both goth trad and deadmau5 played a "live" set though, so laptops needed i guess

i can see the advantage of a laptop, as you still mix in exactly the same way, but instead of putting a vynil / cd on the turntable, you just load it to the CDJ via laptop, search for the song you want, double click, and bam away you go. gives the opportunity to carry thousands of songs and give more options in a set
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 24th November 2009, 15:13   #5
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

This weekend alone I can name a few.

Josh gabriel, nick warren, scarlette ettiene, and funkagenda.

I could post up pics of loads of djs playing on macs trust, I spend more time in dj booths than most and see a hell of alot of 'mactops' and the techies running around plugging them all in etc..

Laptops are good for new music, and djs touring, for example Joshes set on friday was mostly new stuff he had even been producing that day.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:23   #6
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

intresting..

you obv see a lot more than me

as i said in the other thread, tis only the pesemists against DJing moving forward, vynil rarely leaves the bedroom these days.

ive got a mate with over 50k's worth of old vynil from all kinds of genre's, it's a sampling heaven... in that respect of samples, vynils still here for a while
Quote:
Old 24th November 2009, 15:27   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

vinyl will never die, however the way in which it is used will differ. Economics are a large reason why its not used as much even though many people love the sound.

We still have iirc around 14 1210s for work (mains and back up)

There probably isnt a weekend when a dj doesnt have a mac.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:32   #8
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

for the "bedroom" DJ, vynil just seems un-econical imo, i know in dnb, average single on vynil is £5 - £8, where as an Mp3 at most seems to be £1.50, with far wider options avaliable

it also helps those smaller labels build up a name by selling MP3's where as the bigger labels can use promotional tactics such as albums only released on vynil etc as they know they'll sell.
Quote:
Old 24th November 2009, 15:33   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Mac pics without really even bothering to hunt.

Old 24th November 2009, 15:36   #10
Mike_08
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza WRX
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
Mike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant future

Was looking at these the other day, they are looking very sexy with the new display
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
You sir are a bloody legend!!!
Mike_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:37   #11
craig1gk
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 306 / vtr / merc / VTS!!
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
craig1gk is on a distinguished road

^^^^^ doesnt look as entertaining imo lol

i would prefer a dj to be using vinyl instead of sitting down at a mac :s

i'm not dj though
craig1gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:42   #12
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1gk View Post

i'm not dj though
you dont DJ with the mac though

you DJ with a conventional turntbale / CDJ set up. just instead of putting a CD / vynil on the turntable you select tracks to use via the laptop

the actual use of CDJ's / turntables doenst change atall. the laptop then monitors the tracks in use, giving more visual aids to provide a better mix
Quote:
Old 24th November 2009, 15:43   #13
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1gk View Post

i'm not dj though
Whats the difference, they are both behind what is effectively a desk.

They use the mac/cdj/1210 for when they mix, the rest of the stage show is different, scarlette ettiene for example bounces around the booth and is alot more entertaining than some old skool royalists.

Deadmau5 (even though joel is a massive cock) has some of the best stage shows around and uses a mac.

Its the dj as a performer that makes them interesting not what format they use
Old 24th November 2009, 15:44   #14
craig1gk
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 306 / vtr / merc / VTS!!
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
craig1gk is on a distinguished road

ah, well that goes back to the 'i'm not a dj'

i wasnt aware how you guys do it
craig1gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:44   #15
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post

you DJ with a conventional turntbale / CDJ set up. just instead of putting a CD / vynil on the turntable you select tracks to use via the laptop
Not all the time, theres a few different systems.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:45   #16
Mike_08
Established Member

Mike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant futureMike_08 has a brilliant future

Depends what your idea of a 'DJ' is tho imo. I was always into vinyl but then starting playing with the CDJ 800mk2 but as said on one of the above posts you can pack so much into a set if you carry your laptop around and just load from the comp to the CDJ or straight onto the mixer
Quote:
Old 24th November 2009, 15:47   #17
Mike_08
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Whats the difference, they are both behind what is effectively a desk.

They use the mac/cdj/1210 for when they mix, the rest of the stage show is different, scarlette ettiene for example bounces around the booth and is alot more entertaining than some old skool royalists.

Deadmau5 (even though joel is a massive cock) has some of the best stage shows around and uses a mac.

Its the dj as a performer that makes them interesting not what format they use
Beat me to what i was trying to say lol
Quote:
Old 24th November 2009, 15:49   #18
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Not all the time, theres a few different systems.
virtual DJ programs / traktor DJ etc?

ive seen it where a guy put a vynil on each deck, then selected tracks off his laptop, and used the vynil to mix, somehow they were connected to the laptop, looked intresting but i didnt get a chance to speak to him after
Quote:
Old 24th November 2009, 15:50   #19
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

I think laptops are going to be the future tbh

Although they dont really look the part, they are just so much more powerful than hardware. A mixture of the 2 is ideal imo
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:52   #20
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
virtual DJ programs / traktor DJ etc?

ive seen it where a guy put a vynil on each deck, then selected tracks off his laptop, and used the vynil to mix, somehow they were connected to the laptop, looked intresting but i didnt get a chance to speak to him after
Loads of systems that different people use, some with a fake vinyl or cd, some straight to the mixer with a drag and drop, some with a seperate FX/mixer panel.

There really isnt just one system that they all use.