Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 17th October 2010, 13:24   #1
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road
Default Devlin

Thoughts from those who know? I'm personally not really into all this scene, but I'm really liking this kids music. Anyone got any recommendations from anyone else I can listen to?
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 13:29   #2
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

You say you aint into that kinda scene, so what is it that draws you to like Devlin? Might be able to find some more artists then

Devlin F64:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loVX1lTAOiA
Old 17th October 2010, 13:31   #3
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

For me, Brainwashed caught my eye, except that though not much else of his I admire.

Runaway is ok-ish but nowt' special, I personally reckon Tinie Tempah, Labrinth, Skepta, Tinchy, Aggro, Professor Green etc..they're all the way forward.

Devlin is average.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 13:32   #4
crabzy
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): have to find out ;)
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
crabzy is on a distinguished road

there loads m8 tbh ,wiley good , skepta, jme, loads but devlin best

crabzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 13:33   #5
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyy View Post
For me, Brainwashed caught my eye, except that though not much else of his I admire.

Runaway is ok-ish but nowt' special, I personally reckon Tinie Tempah, Labrinth, Skepta, Tinchy, Aggro, Professor Green etc..they're all the way forward.

Devlin is average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabzy View Post
there loads m8 tbh ,wiley good , skepta, jme, loads but devlin best
I could cry, and think Devlin would too if thats what he heard hes being associated with.
Old 17th October 2010, 13:34   #6
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
You say you aint into that kinda scene, so what is it that draws you to like Devlin? Might be able to find some more artists then

Devlin F64:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loVX1lTAOiA
Not sure mate! It started out with me liking Tinie Tempah, then I wanted to know where he came from, and I think I heard Devlin mentioned on Radio 1, got myself Tales from the Crypt and The Art of Rolling, and he's pretty good. Not just mindless lyrics... Can tell he puts some serious thought into what he's writing.

Someone recommended Tempa T to me, but seriously, I can't get away with him... he sounds like a dog and seems to act like a prick. Griminal, I've only heard Supa Dupa, and content wise, didn't think it was much up to the stuff I'd heard by Devlin. How do you rate him?

I knew you'd reply to this btw, knew it. Your kinda thing isn't it?

I just lol'd at Tinie, Tinchy, Labrinth, Professor Green. I love Tinie Tempah, but lyrically he's absolutely miles off Devlin. As for Wiley, not heard any of his old stuff, Extra Extra is a good track by Devlin though, Danny might know what I'm on about lol.

I'll give Skepta a listen, although again, I don't think I've been too impressed so far...

Community Outcast was the song that made me think Devlin was really good and made me delve a bit deeper into listening btw, youtube it for those who haven't heard it.

Last edited by Giraffe; 17th October 2010 at 13:36.
Old 17th October 2010, 13:34   #7
crabzy
Established Member
North West Region Member

Quote:
I could cry, and think Devlin would too if thats what he heard hes being associated with.
it all same music really. (grime)

Old 17th October 2010, 13:36   #8
nath_vts
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JDM EP3
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
nath_vts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyy View Post

Devlin is average.
You think Devlin is average compared to the likes of Tinie Tempah ?

Are you on drugs?

Listen to devlins lyrics closely then do the same for tinie tempah.

Its like nursery rhymes but with less imagination.
nath_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 13:38   #9
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath_vts View Post
You think Devlin is average compared to the likes of Tinie Tempah ?

Are you on drugs?

Listen to devlins lyrics closely then do the same for tinie tempah.

Its like nursery rhymes but with less imagination.
But Tinie Tempah has so many clothes he keeps some in his aunts house... how isn't that lyrical genius at it's highest level?
Old 17th October 2010, 13:42   #10
nath_vts
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JDM EP3
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
nath_vts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_E30 View Post
But Tinie Tempah has so many clothes he keeps some in his aunts house... how isn't that lyrical genius at it's highest level?
True, i did over look that

Hes doing something right i suppose. It just doest really appeal to me knowing that he's never been to scunthorpe and that he's pissed he never got to go on a Concorde.

I prefer lyrics with meaning and that tell a story so to speak.
nath_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 13:47   #11
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_E30 View Post
Not sure mate! It started out with me liking Tinie Tempah, then I wanted to know where he came from, and I think I heard Devlin mentioned on Radio 1, got myself Tales from the Crypt and The Art of Rolling, and he's pretty good. Not just mindless lyrics... Can tell he puts some serious thought into what he's writing.

Someone recommended Tempa T to me, but seriously, I can't get away with him... he sounds like a dog and seems to act like a prick. Griminal, I've only heard Supa Dupa, and content wise, didn't think it was much up to the stuff I'd heard by Devlin. How do you rate him?

I knew you'd reply to this btw, knew it. Your kinda thing isn't it?
I see, well you have different scenes within a scene as you probably know from other genres. Tempa T is more Hype, then Devlin has more Studio story productions.

If you like Devlin because he dosent talk about violence, drugs, money etc and talks about real life situations and tells a story, with lyrics that ALL make sense without all the bollox tiny tempah talks about. Then Id reccomend any of Sway's mixtapes - he adds some comedy into his lyrics and tells a story which most poeple can associate with. Although at the moment he isnt very active and isnt as 'greazy' as alot of artists.

Another artist you might like but his voice might annoy you.. its Ghetts/Ghetto. Try and find his mixtape 'Ghetto - Ghetto Gospal' again another very good mixtape and one id still put right at the top even though its a few years old now. Tells a story not all about voilence, very snappy, quick and quite clever with his cyphers. His new stuff I dont rate as much.

P-Money (P-Money - Money over Everyone) is my personal favourite at the moment although does incorparate more Road Rap sort of lyrics into his productions, again very talented and has an easy listening understandable voice..

Big H - Good, but I aint keen on his voice, talented too.

Theyre the main artists really, forget about Wiley, Roll Deep, Skepta, JME, Tiny Tempah, Tinchy Stryder etc theyre all sell outs and making more club vibe pop shitty hits.

Road rap you might like, majority of the artists are from gangs, real gangs btw not silly chavs that get drunk and attack old poeple for money. Artist you might like here are Gunna Dee - Hustler by Nature and of course you probably heard of Giggs, his lyrics are so swag poeple rate him. Kind of wierd really. Depending on what you;d like here, Giggs - Welcome to Boomsvile and Giggs - Ard Bodied....if you like abit more greazy talk than hype and studio stuff.

Some older mixtapes might take your fancy. Try and find 'Tru Tiger - Eye of the Tiger Vol1' quite rare but a good mixtape back in the day with the featured artists getting alot of airtime on the bigger pirate radio stations.

Theres alot more artists out there, for you too Il put some down later.

P.S Yes it is my kinda thing

Quote:
No it isnt really is it.
Old 17th October 2010, 14:02   #12
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Danny, Dogzilla or Deeperman, are they worth trying to find some stuff by as well? They seem to be featured a lot on Devlin's stuff
Old 17th October 2010, 14:21   #13
crabzy
Established Member
North West Region Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6pKeUiJYw
that anit grime ?

Old 17th October 2010, 14:36   #14
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Poeple rate them especially Dogzilla, he used to be quite well known years ago. Ive never been a fan though. Check the Practise Hours videos on youtube, some olders tuff and dogzilla on there irc.

Have a look at Big Nartsie - he also is down to earth and tells a story.

Youtube channals to have a look at:

-South Bitz (their account keeps getting shut down so you have to hear what their new ones called lol
-Streetstarzonline
-SB.TV
-GrimeDaily
-Tim & Barry TV
-WordOnRoad
-Streetzinctv

Crazy Titch - has just released another mixtape from inside prison but i aint so keen on it only a good few tracks
Old 17th October 2010, 14:41   #15
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You posted Devlin....
Old 17th October 2010, 14:52   #16
Shadowdemon
Frequent Poster

Shadowdemon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Have a look at Big Nartsie - he also is down to earth and tells a story.

Crazy Titch - has just released another mixtape from inside prison but i aint so keen on it only a good few tracks
Completely forgot about Big Narstie, Havn't heard anything from him in a long time.

Crazy titches new album is shit, two decent tracks at the most.

Check out...
Sway - his albums like a story he's a fucking genius
Wretch 32
Ghetts/Ghetto
Dot Rotten
Shadowdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 14:55   #17
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdemon View Post
Completely forgot about Big Narstie, Havn't heard anything from him in a long time.

Crazy titches new album is shit, two decent tracks at the most.

Check out...
Sway - his albums like a story he's a fucking genius
Wretch 32
Ghetts/Ghetto
Dot Rotten
Sway is a genius tbf hes so underated. He should be the one with the big sales in the charts, hes the one with the talent and wouldnt change his style unlike wiley, JME, skepta etc and Sway would still be at the top of the charts with his current style! Best UK MC imo followed closley by Ghetts.
Old 17th October 2010, 15:00   #18
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Ahhh, everytime someone listens to Giggs i die a little, it is AWEFUL!

Dont really like Devlin really, not his newer stuff anyway, and his london tune was terrible.

Like Big H, P-Money, ghetts, wretch 32, dot rotten, some of sways stuff.

I dont listen to grime so much atm but i still think its one of the best scenes.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2010, 15:11   #19
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Ahhh, everytime someone listens to Giggs i die a little, it is AWEFUL!

Dont really like Devlin really, not his newer stuff anyway, and his london tune was terrible.

Like Big H, P-Money, ghetts, wretch 32, dot rotten, some of sways stuff.

I dont listen to grime so much atm but i still think its one of the best scenes.
Never really been a fan of Devlin either tbf, his voice is quite monotone and i just lose attention lol.

Another youtube channal - hes from Nottingham ([] get free DVDs off him when he makes them) but mates with p money n blacks, so does alot of videos and shit with them:

CameraManSketch
Old 17th October 2010, 15:46   #20
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

devlin is fucking awesome listen to his albums all the time..

tiny temper is absolute shite, seen him live cos he was supporting chase and status.... still wank live.
mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote