Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > XBox Chat
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

XBox Chat Please use this forum to discuss X-box related topics.

Old 12th February 2010, 11:46   #341
Tony
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Tony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud ofTony has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
There's no arguments. I have all the facts...
It probably is due to recoil, fire rate, clip size, blah blah blah but it is the most satisfying when you hit and kill someone with it. The .50 cal is also good in that respect.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 11:47   #342
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

I can't snipe for shit... I invariably find some cocksucker sitting on my face then dumps either a claymore or a semtex on my arse and runs of giggling.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 11:54   #343
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I don't see any facts

*Awaits A LOT of facts thrown at my face*

I might... Haven't got time at the mo. But in a nutshell, the Intervention deals the same damage multipliers as the .50 Cal. So both rifles, with Stopping Power, (no silencer) will get a OHK to the stomach, chest and head. As the .50 Cal has less recoil, and faster rate of fire, it "owns" the Intervention.

If you choose not to use Stopping Power, (no silencer) the Intervention, .50 Cal and the WA2000 all OHK to the chest and head. Because the WA2000 has much lower recoil and a faster return to centre position time than the other two rifles, it's the best choice.

I'll go into silencers later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 11:55   #344
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:
The Intervention is actually the worst of the 4 sniper rifles. It's completely inferior in ALL departments.
No.

Just, no.
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 12:01   #345
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:

I might... Haven't got time at the mo. But in a nutshell, the Intervention deals the same damage multipliers as the .50 Cal. So both rifles, with Stopping Power, (no silencer) will get a OHK to the stomach, chest and head. As the .50 Cal has less recoil, and faster rate of fire, it "owns" the Intervention.

If you choose not to use Stopping Power, (no silencer) the Intervention, .50 Cal and the WA2000 all OHK to the chest and head. Because the WA2000 has much lower recoil and a faster return to centre position time than the other two rifles, it's the best choice.

The WA and m21 would have less recoil as they aren't bolt action rifles but they lack damage.

In real life the .50 cal fires one of the biggest rounds so it would probably have terrible recoil and the Cheytac Intervention is the best in teh world lol.

Few useless facts for ya there
Old 12th February 2010, 12:06   #346
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Quote:

Roffle

I've used the Barret a few times but i always seem to go back to the Intervention. I even hated the barret on CoD4

The WA2000 is the worst imo, its way too big and the damage is shite

Sorry to be a n00b but OHK? lol

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 12:30   #347
Jo3fish
Established Member

Car(s): 03 EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Jo3fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't see any facts

*Awaits A LOT of facts thrown at my face*
Facts or no facts, firgures may show that the other snipers are miles better staticticly on paper.

One fact that stands is 9 times out of ten in core matches people use the intervention (obviosly the favoured rifle, (everyone loves a good old bolt action ). I think its down to the feel of the bolt action compared to semi-auto feel of the 50.Cal, M21 and the Walter (which is canny bollox tbh!).

Tbh i will admit that in hardcore modes the M21 silenced is absolutly insane, 1 hit kill, next to 0 recoil.. INSANE!

Joe

Last edited by Jo3fish; 12th February 2010 at 12:32.
Jo3fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 13:01   #348
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

OHK = One Hit Kill.

All 4 rifles do 70 damage, but they have different hit multipliers.

Have a good look at this chart. It pretty much tells you all you need to know about all the weapons in the game:

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index...lay&thread=613
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12th February 2010, 13:03   #349
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyy View Post
The WA and m21 would have less recoil as they aren't bolt action rifles but they lack damage.

In real life the .50 cal fires one of the biggest rounds so it would probably have terrible recoil and the Cheytac Intervention is the best in teh world lol.

Few useless facts for ya there
I'm aware of what they are like in real life. However, this is a game.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12th February 2010, 13:11   #350
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Doesn't really make any sense to me if im honest! lol

EDIT - Sort of understand it now, what does DMG mean?

Cymru am Byth

Last edited by Proffitt; 12th February 2010 at 13:14.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:11   #351
Jo3fish
Established Member

UMP is insane, these stats say it, people say it, im saying it.
Old 12th February 2010, 13:18   #352
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm02_saxo View Post
I've always been a fan of the UMP45

Friggin awesome

Cymru am Byth
Old 12th February 2010, 13:20   #353
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Doesn't really make any sense to me if im honest! lol

EDIT - Sort of understand it now, what does DMG mean?
Just ask me anything you don't understand. I would have thought DMG is short for damage.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12th February 2010, 13:24   #354
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Will do Toad, you seem to be the God of Cod. lol

I feel like a n00b but multiplier, explain?

Cymru am Byth
Old 12th February 2010, 13:29   #355
Jo3fish
Established Member

Quote:
Will do Toad, you seem to be the God of Cod. lol

I feel like a n00b but multiplier, explain?
Multiplier of a weapon is simply (iirc) how much the damage (your weapon causes upon impact of an enemey) increases the closer you are to your enemy.

The closer you are, the more damage it does.

Joe
Old 12th February 2010, 13:40   #356
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
The UMP has a minimum bullet damage of 35. This means that at ANY range, the gun will kill with 3 bullets.

For those of you that don't know, all weapons bar snipers and non-silenced LMGs have 'range'. Range is measurement of distant a bullet travels before it begins to lose power. All weapons then have a max and min bullet damage.

Going back to the UMP as an example. If you are firing from a long distance, the UMP will kill in 3 bullets, as its minumum bullet damage is 35. 35 x 3 > 100. If you add Stopping power, long distance bullets will do 35 x 1.4 each, which is 49. Unfortunately for the UMP user, 2 x 49 < 100, so you'll need a 3rd bullet. The only way you will gain from Stopping Power on the UMP is if you fire within the gun's range, so minimum bullet damage is greater than 35. SMG's have very short range, so their bullets drop power over a very short distance.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12th February 2010, 13:41   #357
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Quote:
I'm aware of what they are like in real life. However, this is a game.
Hence what I said at the bottom buddy plus it wasn't aimed specifically at you
Old 12th February 2010, 13:45   #358
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Multiplier of a weapon is simply (iirc) how much the damage (your weapon causes upon impact of an enemey) increases the closer you are to your enemy.

The closer you are, the more damage it does.

Joe
No.

Multipliers are used mostly with sniper rifles, but ALL bullet weapons get a 1.4 multiplier with a shot to the head. ALL sniper rifles get a 1.5 multiplier to the head, and also other multipliers to different areas of the body.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12th February 2010, 14:01   #359
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryyy View Post
Hence what I said at the bottom buddy plus it wasn't aimed specifically at you
OK, fair enough.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12th February 2010, 14:44   #360
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Going to have to dissagree with you there Toad

I find that the intervention is the best

Although i havn't used the M21 yet lol
Mw2 usually takes 2 or 3 shots bar head.

Intervention owns but i still feel the Barrett has that extra powaa. I use intervention with FMJ.

Last edited by Prickle; 12th February 2010 at 14:48.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote