Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 1st March 2007, 16:09   #41
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Mk2 Saxo Vts
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
riggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team member

Ok ill try that cheers feller
Old 1st March 2007, 16:26   #42
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): '72 Bug
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!

no probs matey
yerdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2007, 17:27   #43
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

riggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team memberriggsy is a well respected team member

Right sanded the paint work right back to leave bare metal, hooked it back up but still nothing?

So maybe its not the earth its the power supply? I even held the earths on the boot look it sparked but nothing?

Should i just take the power lead out of the fuse box and hook it straight up to the battery?
Old 1st March 2007, 19:44   #44
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!

yea you could try that mate, after that, i really dont have any suggestions left!! let us know how it goes.
Old 3rd March 2007, 14:58   #45
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

The other day i rem that the amp was winging? Does this mean its fooked?
Old 3rd March 2007, 16:42   #46
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

erm, yea could be on its way out, did you put it quite loud before it stopped working?
Old 3rd March 2007, 20:37   #47
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Nope.

The noise increased the hard i drove it.

Its not making the noise now must be because its not on?
Old 3rd March 2007, 23:47   #48
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

the whining noise could of been from the power/rca cables running next to the loom. I had this problem and had to move all cables away from it! I got no other ideas mate as to why it not working, other than try another amp! Sorry mate, youve exhausted my knowledge supply, even though it wasnt that great to start with!
Old 4th March 2007, 01:01   #49
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Which side does the loom run down?

All the audio wires run down one side i think?!
Old 4th March 2007, 02:25   #50
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

the loom runs through the passenger side, i had big problems with my cables and interference i.e whining. So i drilled a seperate hole for my power cable and then ran audio cables and the power well away from any wires that might be interfering with it! I just got everything seperated just to ensure there was zero interferance. Hope this helps mate. This is turning into quite a thread!keep us postd mate
Old 4th March 2007, 02:28   #51
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

So what did you do to keep them apart mate? Run them down the other side?
Old 4th March 2007, 02:29   #52
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

yes mate, ran power cable and remote cable down passenger side, and rca leads down the drivers side. And made sure i kept the power and rca away from any other leads.
Old 4th March 2007, 02:31   #53
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

But if i run the power and rca (whats that?) down the pass side wont that still cause whining as its still on the same side as the loom?
Old 4th March 2007, 02:34   #54
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

rca-audio cables. Well if you can try to get audio one side and power other, you shouldnt have too much interference. The main problem is when the power lead comes through the front of the car. thats where it can get near the main loom. Best thing is to try and get it as far away as poss from main loom and cable tie it to something. the audio cables shouldnt be much trouble as they come out of HU and then can just run along the bottom of dash and then under carpet or whereva they go.
Old 4th March 2007, 02:36   #55
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Yeah they do mate

Hmmm could try and move them to the other side then, maybe this is why my amp is not working!?
Old 4th March 2007, 09:48   #56
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

it could be mate, also if you do move them, just check the wires havent got any splits in them, causing the wire to touch the car body.
Old 5th April 2007, 21:03   #57
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Right i have done it now, it wasnt the earth it was a wire that had got trapped after fitting my 106 gti interior!!

Its the realy thin wire, whats it called? Comes from the headunit?

Anyway i loosend the bolt fot the seat and pulled it out now the sub/amp work fine, soo chuffed

Whats that wire for again?
Old 5th April 2007, 21:58   #58
BENSAX3
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): under age
BENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant future

turns on the amp with the headunit, the remote wire
Old 6th April 2007, 02:19   #59
riggsy
Saxperience Post Whore

Yeah thats the one, it was very squashed, i had the cd player on, released that and its all working fine now!

Thanks for the help people