Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 25th January 2009, 10:10   #1
jus_tin
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk 1 VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jus_tin has a spectacular aura aboutjus_tin has a spectacular aura about
Default God damn DNS error on PS3

Hi, i have already read the other thread about manually connecting PS3 to router but since my router is different it doesnt really help. I have a basic router from Virgin (Scientific Atlanta) and for me to play online i disconnect cable from pc, plug into PS3, reset the router then turn on console. This works fine i can sign in go online and everythings gravy. The twice yesterday whilst in the middle of an online game i got a DNS error! WTF??? How come all of a sudden it decides to do that? Im not sure how i gain access to my router, done a search on google but friggin found nothing - now its time to turn to the knowledgable and informative crowd of sax-p!

Please help so i can get back to cod5 and sniping all the yanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jus_tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 11:53   #2
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Is it a router or just the standard modem with one network out on the back?

You should be able to stop having to reset inbetween switches by setting the same manual ip address for both devices... As long as you can't plug them both into net at the same time.

NTL DNS servers are known to go chips now and again.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 12:47   #3
jus_tin
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk 1 VTR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jus_tin has a spectacular aura aboutjus_tin has a spectacular aura about

Standard with only one network output. so if i check what ip address my computer is using, then disconnect it, connect ps3 and manually configure network connection and input the ip address shown for pc that should work? you know when you check what ip address you have, and it says 'lease' with dates, does that mean the ip address will change at the end of the lease? if so is there a way to extend the lease coz mines currently set at a week.
jus_tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 16:53   #4
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Yes, you setup your PC to request a static IP address... but thats only when using a router. If your effectively plugging directly into your modem, that Ip can change and usually does every few months as NTl play around...

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simo For This Useful Post: