Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 12th June 2011, 00:35   #1
bcfc2
Established Member

Car(s): Posi blue furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
bcfc2 is on a distinguished road
Default 40mm drop

Will the car handle much different when it's lowered 40mm like bottoming out etc?
bcfc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 00:48   #2
rumble291
Infrequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 2001 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
rumble291 is on a distinguished road

Just done my front end 2nite lowered 40mm on new dampers and gmc springs. Handles alot better imo, however its wet and can't see full potential till its dry. Its supposedly the best handling height for saxo/106s.

No clearance issues with mine on the front and I have the worlds biggest speed bump before you get to mine. One of these 5mph speed bumps fucking joke imo. One like this .

If you do lower by 40mm its advisable to also buy uprated dampers as these will also make the car handle better as well.
rumble291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 13:16   #3
kristovey

Car(s): 106 quicksilver
kristovey is on a distinguished road

40mm wont be low enough to make it bottem out, its only in the realm of 70 - 80 mm you hit problems like the driveshafts hit to body and the track rod arms hit the pas pipes.
kristovey is offline   Reply With Quote