Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 12th December 2013, 19:51   #1
SnakeVTR
Established Member

Car(s): Clio 182 Inferno
SnakeVTR is on a distinguished road
Default Inferno 182 clean up

Decided today that I would clean and detail my car as my new exhaust arrived this week, so I got to fitting it ( I know this part isn't to do with detailing so its basically ASW )

Before:

After:

Now onto the cleaning/products, buying fairly cheap/basic cleaning stuff at the moment as I have pumped so much money into this since buying it 8 weeks ago (huge list) so I did the best with what I had .

The products:

I started with washing the car twice using the two bucket method and then hand dried the car using the Meguiar's water magnet. Next I clayed the whole car to remove any sap/contaminants from the paintwork. Then I gave the car a quick hand polish using Meguiar's ultimate polish and finished off with some Auto-glym HD wax, and paintwork sealant.

Wax on:

Wax off:

see finished pictures below.

Old 12th December 2013, 20:41   #2
12u55
Established Member
North Wales Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): 3dr Desire sleeper... ^Made it into PFC...^
12u55 is on a distinguished road

Snot a bad job that. Best bit is, you'll be turning heads for the next few days on the road.
Clean cars stand a mile out.
My car is in dire need of a clean. It's black. Looking like a two tone saxo.
12u55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2013, 20:51   #3
SnakeVTR
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
Snot a bad job that. Best bit is, you'll be turning heads for the next few days on the road.
Clean cars stand a mile out.
My car is in dire need of a clean. It's black. Looking like a two tone saxo.
cheers mate, yeah my last saxo was black, was a mare to keep clean/shiny!
Old 13th December 2013, 22:25   #4
Bobo0907
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Inferno 182, S2 Indigo Rallye
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Bobo0907 is on a distinguished road

Looks great, love inferno! It looks amazing in the summer when there is some sun shining right on it. Whats all been done to it? Any plans?
Bobo0907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 17:05   #5
SnakeVTR
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo0907 View Post
Looks great, love inferno! It looks amazing in the summer when there is some sun shining right on it. Whats all been done to it? Any plans?
Thanks mate, so far I have fitted a Ktec/Jan speed cat back super sport system, KTR induction kit +matched inlets. The rest has been maintenance, im a Tech and do my own work so no expense spared. In my 8 weeks of owning it its had Cambelt kit, dephaser pulley, Complete Auxilliary belt kit, New spark plugs, New PAS fluid, New front brakes, Full service. Not cheap cars to keep to be honest, just from whats listed has cost me around £1300 lol. Exhausts for these are £££
Old 15th December 2013, 16:45   #6
Bobo0907
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeVTR View Post
Thanks mate, so far I have fitted a Ktec/Jan speed cat back super sport system, KTR induction kit +matched inlets. The rest has been maintenance, im a Tech and do my own work so no expense spared. In my 8 weeks of owning it its had Cambelt kit, dephaser pulley, Complete Auxilliary belt kit, New spark plugs, New PAS fluid, New front brakes, Full service. Not cheap cars to keep to be honest, just from whats listed has cost me around £1300 lol. Exhausts for these are £££
Sounds nice. Aye but mines hasn't been too bad so far, belts were done just before I bought it so wont have to worry about them for a while. Iv got the Ktr exhaust on mine too. Is yours decat as well?
Old 15th December 2013, 17:01   #7
SnakeVTR
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo0907 View Post
Sounds nice. Aye but mines hasn't been too bad so far, belts were done just before I bought it so wont have to worry about them for a while. Iv got the Ktr exhaust on mine too. Is yours decat as well?
Not at the moment but mines due to arrive tommorrow , how are they with decats? sound ok? cant wait to whack it on
Old 15th December 2013, 20:56   #8
Bobo0907
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeVTR View Post
Not at the moment but mines due to arrive tommorrow , how are they with decats? sound ok? cant wait to whack it on
Aye, i love the sound of mine. sitting at 60 with the cruise on mine doesn't drone and is reasonably quiet. Sitting at 70 it starts to get a bit drone-y and loud though! Thats the unsilenced centre section as well