Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 2nd September 2014, 21:04   #1
grahameaddicott

grahameaddicott is on a distinguished road
Default My Saxo sounds like a dirt bike

I have a Saxo Furio 1.4. The only engine mod is a K&N cone filter. I've only had the car 2 months.

On Saturday, after about half hour of driving, the exhaust spontaneously started sounding terrible, much like a dirt bike. At the same time the car started getting very jittery when accelerating. When I put my foot down the car would accelerate, but occasionally would hesitate briefly then lurch forward. It would only do this at lower speeds. After about half hour of driving the problems went away.

Yesterday when I got in the car, the engine seemed to struggle to stay on when I first switched it on, and almost stalled when I first put my foot on the accelerator. Once I started driving the exhaust sounded like a Subaru Impreza. It was quite a nice warbling sound, but abnormal. Again the car had a slight lurching problem when accelerating. Again after half hour of driving the problems went away.

Finally, today when I got in the car and switched it on, the engine again struggled to stay on. As soon as I hit the gas it cut out and I had to restart. It again sounds like a Subaru from the exhaust, and is also struggling to accelerate properly. After a few minutes of driving I found the engine management light start flashing. I turned everything off. When I restarted the engine light stayed off, but all the other problems remained. After about half hour however all the problems went away.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem would be? It's in very good condition. It passed its last 2 MOT's with zero faults or advisories. It only had a new exhaust fitted earlier this year. All fluids etc are top up. Prior to driving the car on Saturday, the car had been unused for about 9 days
grahameaddicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:06   #2
Oli-VTR
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Icelandic Grey VTR Mk2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Oli-VTR is on a distinguished road

would have said sounds exhaust related, lambda sensor causing issues due to a major blow somewhere, you had a look underneath to see?