Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 2nd September 2014, 16:41   #1
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo vtr 1.4, xsara was my last car
Mi5terSIR is on a distinguished road
Default just had a thought....

now ive had my car for quite a bit of time, like all french cars (lol) the electrics are not exactly brilliant.

due to immobiliser problems, i have bought many ecu's with an unlocked immo/socketed, some vary by manufacturer, off memory, i have 2 sagem sl96 ecu's, and a magneti marelli 1ap.81 (it could be an 1ap.40 i cant remember)

i bought the 1ap because it had a socket for the plcc 32 pin flash in there (for mapping)

now when i was using the sagem ecu, it was almost like the engine had a very light flywheel, revs would drop rather quickly between gearchanges, sometimes requiring a blip of the throttle to get a smooth gearchange

now i have the 1ap ecu in there, its almost like its holding the revs, slowing down the rate which it falls. but the thing is, it holds it for quite a bit, like 3 seconds or so, maybe a little less.

now this leaves me with a choice, either granny shift, or unnecessarily slip the clutch, obviously i could just bring the clutch up quickly, but that will do damage, it dont feel pretty. 3rd to 4th its perfect though, can quick-shift it lovely the way it holds it, but its a nuisance when driving round town.

not so much looking for a solution (if there is all the better) as it does seem like its part of the ecu programming, moreso an explanation as to why/how this occurs.

although if it can be altered/changed i could very well use it to my advantage.

cheers
Ben
Mi5terSIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:55   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Sorry i'm lost your point is?
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:04   #3
charlie2
L-plater
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 98 saxo vtr 99 Saab 9-3
charlie2 is on a distinguished road

I have a Saab 9-3 and that holds the revs when changing gear.it is supposed to aid smoother gearchanging and on the Saab it can be removed.if doing normal gear changing its fine but trying quick changes its not so good!
charlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:14   #4
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo67 View Post
Sorry i'm lost your point is?
i apologize. i do tend to go on and on while making my point vague. tis a trait of mine.

basically, i would like to know why/how since i have swapped to a magnetti marelli 1ap, between gearchanges why it holds the revs more, its like i have added a few kilo's to the flywheel if you can see what i mean?

when the sagem ecu was fitted the revs dropped very quickly between gearchanges.

i have been trying to work out if this is a difference in the actual mapping, ex. the fuel table, maybe running richer causes this, or it could be something obscure, im not sure...

also, i do understand i am new here and havent got used to how things work around here, and you must get fed up of newbies, but ill try to make as much sense as i can

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:01   #5
jbrady72
Established Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR (2001)
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jbrady72 is on a distinguished road

Could just be the icv (idle control vave). The ecu may be reading it different OR it's just coincidence and the sensor needs resetting/cleaning/replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"That's one motherf*cking, fine-ass pussymobile MOTHERF*CKERS"
jbrady72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:08   #6
Mi5terSIR
Infrequent Poster

good point jbrady, i never checked it since i fitted the inlet.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Mi5terSIR For This Useful Post: