Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 28th October 2014, 16:54   #1
mrrwill
Infrequent Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
mrrwill is on a distinguished road
Default air intake hosing advise?

Alright folks.

Once again excuse my newbie terminology..

Been looking at silicone hoses to make my own induction kit/ cold air feed.

what im wondering is what size hose i will need to attach onto the (throttle body?)....Where the standard airbox would have connected before?

Been looking at the ASH hosing.

Also, where is the best place to run a cold air feed? I can't see anywhere obvious that isn't near the ground or the rad. I dont want it low down because when it rains it floods near home a lot.
mrrwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 18:58   #2
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2 16'v Saxo vtr's
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jack_Norris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrwill View Post
Alright folks.

Once again excuse my newbie terminology..

Been looking at silicone hoses to make my own induction kit/ cold air feed.

what im wondering is what size hose i will need to attach onto the (throttle body?)....Where the standard airbox would have connected before?

Been looking at the ASH hosing.

Also, where is the best place to run a cold air feed? I can't see anywhere obvious that isn't near the ground or the rad. I dont want it low down because when it rains it floods near home a lot.
You will need 60mm for the hose to go over the throttle body.

As for the cold air feed mine is linked to a morette headlight. The centre light wasn't plugged in so you can remove it and fit a intake instead.

Alternatively you could use the current air duct at thats behind the grill. This isn't my car but you get a idea on how other people have done it.
Search for the "show us your guts" thread on here and theres loads of pics to go through to get ideas.

I've used ASH as well they are good products quality wise they can be a bit dodgy order/ posting wise.
Wanted to get mine posted as one package using next day delivery. I called them to make sure they could do this as the ebay page doesn't allow for it and they said they would so long as one item had next day delivery ticked and the rest would all go together.
They only sent out one item next day the one I ticked the rest regular postage. However I called them up and they refunded me the postage so don't have any complaints. Just something to bare in mind if your in a rush. Might be better to give them a call to double check that the order is right.
Jack_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 20:30   #3
mrrwill
Infrequent Poster

Cheers for the reply pal, I'll order me so 60mm then and ill try ordering direct from ASH, not in any rush atm.
Dont know whether to go for a cone filter with a heat shroud or an enclosed filter maybe give ASH's own a try as its a damn site cheaper than the viper... any thoughts?
Old 28th October 2014, 20:55   #4
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Quote:
Cheers for the reply pal, I'll order me so 60mm then and ill try ordering direct from ASH, not in any rush atm.
Dont know whether to go for a cone filter with a heat shroud or an enclosed filter maybe give ASH's own a try as its a damn site cheaper than the viper... any thoughts?
It's really down to looks in the end. Only being a vtr theres going to be minimal gains on the performance side. 1-5 bhp realistically.

Personally I wouldn't go for one of the cones off the ASH site I'd go for a green cotton or K&N cone as the quality will be better. Although the price is greater.

If you go down the enclosed route a bmc cda or simota are the best for quality and gains. They are quite pricey new but there are plenty of second hand ones around and there are various replica's if the budget is tight, pretty sure ASH do there own one.
Old 28th October 2014, 21:00   #5
mrrwill
Infrequent Poster

Yeah, im not expecting miracles from a bit of tubing and a filter. Just want it to look sweet as well. Iĺl take a look around at various filters. Think ill probs buy the crankcase breater filter from ASH.. shouldnt imagine itll make much diference?
Old 28th October 2014, 21:27   #6
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

Quote:
Yeah, im not expecting miracles from a bit of tubing and a filter. Just want it to look sweet as well. Iĺl take a look around at various filters. Think ill probs buy the crankcase breater filter from ASH.. shouldnt imagine itll make much diference?
I don't think so its just a filter to stop dirt getting in I got mine off ASH and haven't had any problems. Some people go for a oil catch tank too but there not needed.
Old 28th October 2014, 21:30   #7
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Another place for the hoses is derby performance hoses.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 20:07   #8
mrrwill
Infrequent Poster

Just wondering mate, to mount the crank case breather filter as in the picture above, or maybe with a short hose, what size inmer diameter would i need?
Cheers
Old 29th October 2014, 20:32   #9
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Just wondering mate, to mount the crank case breather filter as in the picture above, or maybe with a short hose, what size inmer diameter would i need?
Cheers
Sorry mate no idea.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 21:34   #10
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cheers
16mm for the breather hose (VTS).
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 21:36   #11
mrrwill
Infrequent Poster

Thanks mate, got got everything i need now. Roll on friday payday
Old 29th October 2014, 22:15   #12
Jack_Norris
Regular Poster

I've got a 19mm hose with a 18mm filter. With the silicone pushed into the hole in the bottom of the filter.

Had to trim it down though as its way too long.