Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 12th January 2015, 08:39   #21
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Can you see the locking wheel nut key in the grid? If so just get a magnet on a stick and go fishing. Failing that, lift it up, get some rope tied around you and get a mate to hold you can go for a wade in there. I've had to do that at 6am when I dropped my house keys after a night out. Was fun.

Regarding the first issue, (the two bolts holding the caliper to the carrier), try some mole grips on the rounded part. You'll chew up the bolt head some more but at least they'll be out and you won't need to tap new threads.
Old 12th January 2015, 17:30   #22
mrrwill
Infrequent Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
mrrwill is on a distinguished road

Very much doubt it'll be there now, had some proper rain.. decided im just gna bust them off. As for the calipers, theyre such a mess im gna buy a set of new ones all round. May as well. Cheers
mrrwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 17:48   #23
craigyt
L-plater

Car(s): S1 rallye turbo 16v Corsa vxr track car Megane est
craigyt is on a distinguished road

Get a long magnet on a stick to get your locking wheel nut key.

Irwin do some damage bolt/nut tools, very good tools. Also when you put the socket on did you just press down 9n the ratchet and not support under the head? Sounds like thats what you have down and with the socket twisting it has knackerd the head of the bolt! Try using a sicket that has a hexagon instead of a starred one, failing that hammer on a size smaller starred socket, properly knock it on and undo but support the head of the ratchet
craigyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 18:00   #24
mrrwill
Infrequent Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
mrrwill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigyt View Post
Get a long magnet on a stick to get your locking wheel nut key.

Irwin do some damage bolt/nut tools, very good tools. Also when you put the socket on did you just press down 9n the ratchet and not support under the head? Sounds like thats what you have down and with the socket twisting it has knackerd the head of the bolt! Try using a sicket that has a hexagon instead of a starred one, failing that hammer on a size smaller starred socket, properly knock it on and undo but support the head of the ratchet
Yeah i always hold the head of my ratchet to reduce stress and shit, but looking at everything, all the bolts are corroded badly, the calipers are a mess, i suspect the rest of the bleed nipples wull be fucked, so im just gna buy new calipers all round for the hell of it. May as well and then i know theyll be reet.

I think buying the card from a seaside town might be the reason theyre so rotten, i'm surprised the rest of the car is spotless.

Cheers
mrrwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 17:57   #25
Kylus1986

Kylus1986 is on a distinguished road

Same thing happened to me. Got a set of Irwin sockets for removing stripped bolts and a breaker bar. Bit of heat and off in seconds
Kylus1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 18:30   #26
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

On the corroded nut/bolt if there is enough room then with a small flat file,file some flate sides to the bolt of nut.so that it resembles a hexagon again then try with a socket.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote