Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 20th July 2008, 22:02   #1
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!
Default Components & 6x9's Head To Head!! TEST!

I did a test, to directly compare 6x9's with components!

They both cost in the region of £40-£50 to buy brand new, they were both powered from the same NAD amp which will put 180rms into each speaker, both used the same 4mm gale speaker cable and both were tested on the same track!

6x9's are from the vibe slick series. 160rms, 3 way, 4 ohms

Components are 3 ways from fusion, 70rms, 3 way, 4 ohms

You can instantly hear how much more detailed and warm the components sound! They also handled the bass much better and gave a more responsive punch from the bass drum!

The 6x9's were maybe slightly louder, however, they souned almost hollow and very harsh! Not nice to listen to in the slightest, and just hurt you're ears when you turn them up as they just sound messy!

Just wait till you hear the direct comparison at the end! You will end up turning the volume down when i switch to he vibe's, i guarantee it!

The test!

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...Video-0036.flv

Now obviously i only used my samsung mobile to record the sound, but you can still tell the difference!

More tests to follow! Including an out and out bass test, an SQ test and a loudness test!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 22:05   #2
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

someones been busy

those vibe 6x9s from the suzuki? and how are they still alive? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 22:08   #3
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

just had a watch of the vid.. the 6x9s just sound dull.. nothing to them atall sound wise.. even though theyre fusuin comps, they sound a lot more detailed, a better frequency range more spread out and better defined mid bass / hi's.. 6x9s had the sound all kind of clumped together
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 20th July 2008, 22:14   #4
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

I am really really impressed with these fusions!

They are only the cheap ass encouter range, aka halfrauds, but for £40 you cant go wrong! I bought them for my mums mg, but i think i might keep them!!

And yes, those vibes are from the suzuki! Lol! Ive killed one, but the other still lives!

Just wait till i do the bass test on them all!!
Old 20th July 2008, 22:16   #5
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

connect them to the jbl? or was that tried allready

thatll burn the hell out of the drivers lol

wouldnt mind wiring my rainbows up like how you had the fusions just then for a little test in comparison to my current coax.

theyre still in the box . lazyness ftl
Quote:
Old 20th July 2008, 22:19   #6
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
connect them to the jbl? or was that tried allready

thatll burn the hell out of the drivers lol

wouldnt mind wiring my rainbows up like how you had the fusions just then for a little test in comparison to my current coax.

theyre still in the box . lazyness ftl
Well i could do, but i dont want to cook the fusions as i like them!

As for the vibes... Well! Theyre gonna get blown to shreds! And rightly so imo!

You can easily wire them up to you're home amp, but make sure you're speakers arent 2 ohms! Cus then you can say bye bye amp! Lol

I also have an old pioneer coaxial which will be going head to head with the comps!
Old 20th July 2008, 22:23   #7
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Well i could do, but i dont want to cook the fusions as i like them!

As for the vibes... Well! Theyre gonna get blown to shreds! And rightly so imo!

You can easily wire them up to you're home amp, but make sure you're speakers arent 2 ohms! Cus then you can say bye bye amp! Lol

I also have an old pioneer coaxial which will be going head to head with the comps!
as for the 6x9s - burn the fuckers

got a pair of pioneer coax in my car atm lol.. £20iirc.. thats budget buying i was "guna roll ghetto" with just a sub for my system, but thought i better spend the £20 on coax..

now got a £230 pair of comps just lying around dying to be used lol
Quote:
Old 20th July 2008, 22:27   #8
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
as for the 6x9s - burn the fuckers
I feel a new avatar coming!

... vibe 6x9's up in smoke when playing bass i love you which is 24hz!
Old 20th July 2008, 22:28   #9
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
I feel a new avatar coming!

... vibe 6x9's up in smoke when playing bass i love you which is 24hz!
wear goggles please.. safety 1st
Quote:
Old 20th July 2008, 22:30   #10
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
wear goggles please.. safety 1st
Camera on tripod ftw!

Me outside, peering through window!

I hope mummy has contents insurance...
Old 30th July 2008, 15:58   #11
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): i Own a Saxo vts 130bhp
Oo_ben_oO is infamous around these parts

wow the components really do sound better cool im gonna now go out a but some 6.5" focal components focal are the best mind
Oo_ben_oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 16:03   #12
Elliott
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): None.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!Elliott is a great team player!

you can definalty hear that the comps are better with the bass and sound quality.
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 16:04   #13
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
you can definalty hear that the comps are better with the bass and sound quality.
agreed
Old 30th July 2008, 16:08   #14
VTS_86
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk2
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
VTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the rough

Good job...
VTS_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 16:46   #15
Predator_R32p
Super Moderator
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1. AX 2. Mk2 Saxo VTR 3. MK4 R32 DBP
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!Predator_R32 is absolutely fabulous!

hmmmm shouldnt of really been running them off home stereo stuff or whatever you did mate, run at different ohms, get some better videos up and from a car with them installed in the doors and in the parcel shelf, also one with a sub in the boot and ill sticky it

Predator_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 17:45   #16
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
hmmmm shouldnt of really been running them off home stereo stuff or whatever you did mate, run at different ohms, get some better videos up and from a car with them installed in the doors and in the parcel shelf, also one with a sub in the boot and ill sticky it
not asking for much are you pred

but i agree.. could be a good sticky!
Quote:
Old 31st July 2008, 09:04   #17
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator_VTR View Post
Nah, its fine. My NAD amp is stable down to 2 ohms and both sets of speakers are 4 ohms, so all is good!

I got the woofers installed in my car yesterday, so just the tweeters and amp to go now. Then i will do a test against the 6x9's in the shelf! WITH SUB!
Old 31st July 2008, 13:56   #18
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

hey i just noticed in that test video those components are in a box giving you that nice bass and clean sound while the 6x9 where on floor so you wont hear anything apart from top. to make it fair run test again with the 6x9 in a box as same as the components. we all know components are far better much crisper and cleaner but still make it a fair test.
Old 31st July 2008, 18:11   #19
Alarming_Sounds
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): BMW 325i sport e46
Alarming_Sounds will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_ben_oO View Post
hey i just noticed in that test video those components are in a box giving you that nice bass and clean sound while the 6x9 where on floor so you wont hear anything apart from top. to make it fair run test again with the 6x9 in a box as same as the components. we all know components are far better much crisper and cleaner but still make it a fair test.
took the words out my mouth, When i was in the shop we had this problem of people here the speakers in the stands when they are in a box but when in a car they sounded different, i think the only way to test them is to run both in the same qft box which would be hard as the steaker displace different amounts on air. But a good idea
Alarming_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 20:49   #20
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

I see it like this...

Wwhen you fit comps they are placed in the door panel which is like a box. The 6x9's are nearly always dumped in the parcel shelf, which means it would be free air, and all 6x9's are designed to be free air, whereas the comps will have an enclosure. And if you were to sound deaden the doors, which a lot of people do, then the door panel would act even more like a box!