Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 1st August 2008, 11:41   #41
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
my bad my bad lol.
No worries!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 14:14   #42
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): i Own a Saxo vts 130bhp
Oo_ben_oO is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
No worries!
what would you guys choose out of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=009

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=001

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSS-AUDIO-BLX...3286.m14.l1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO-607c-1...3286.m14.l1318

i know focals are the bees nees by far but what is better on the lines or pioneer,jbl,boss, or even kenwood. Boss make some high quality speakers for quite some years now. thing is theres so many components speakers and make out there its bugging me on what to get. I have also noticed these bullet cones they look far better than the round cones is this true.
Oo_ben_oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 14:16   #43
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

id chose my own thread for a start lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 14:31   #44
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Didnt even have to read the specs...

JBL!
Old 1st August 2008, 14:35   #45
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Didnt even have to read the specs...

JBL!
lol im gonna buy these

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3999.html

would you spend that on for speakers hell no.

also thanks for advice jbls i go for then jbls also do amazing disco speakers so they probably its jbl for me. cheers buddy
Old 1st August 2008, 16:17   #46
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_ben_oO View Post
lol im gonna buy these

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3999.html

would you spend that on for speakers hell no.

also thanks for advice jbls i go for then jbls also do amazing disco speakers so they probably its jbl for me. cheers buddy
lol gaurentee those speakers give an instant eargasm
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 1st August 2008, 16:21   #47
McBain
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vts
McBain will become famous soon enough

If you're putting them in the standard mounting positions you will need smaller speakers (13cm).
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 16:30   #48
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
If you're putting them in the standard mounting positions you will need smaller speakers (13cm).
im gonna put them in the back parcle shelf as they say 6x9 sux in the back components are far more better
Old 1st August 2008, 16:32   #49
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
im gonna put them in the back parcle shelf as they say 6x9 sux in the back components are far more better
dont put rear speakers in a saxo
Quote:
Old 1st August 2008, 16:33   #50
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
dont put rear speakers in a saxo
dont put components in the back may i ask why mate
Old 1st August 2008, 16:34   #51
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
drags the sound staging towards the back of the car..

in a small car, all you need is components off an amp up front, and a sub in the boot..
Quote:
Old 1st August 2008, 16:37   #52
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
drags the sound staging towards the back of the car..

in a small car, all you need is components off an amp up front, and a sub in the boot..
oh right well thats something ive learnt today then. i might as well get 6x9s then as i need something at the back of me it kinda dead fronts ok subs alsum but its that sound in the back i need.
Old 1st August 2008, 16:37   #53
McBain
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vts
McBain will become famous soon enough

Quote:
When was the last time you went to watch a band and stood facing away from the stage?
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 16:40   #54
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

no you dont need anything in the back ben

thats why 6x9s are gay.. you want your sound staging as forward as possible unless your drivers seat is in the boot
Quote:
Old 1st August 2008, 17:26   #55
VTS_86
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR mk2
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
VTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the roughVTS_86 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
what would you guys choose out of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=009

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=001

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSS-AUDIO-BLX...3286.m14.l1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO-607c-1...3286.m14.l1318

i know focals are the bees nees by far but what is better on the lines or pioneer,jbl,boss, or even kenwood. Boss make some high quality speakers for quite some years now. thing is theres so many components speakers and make out there its bugging me on what to get. I have also noticed these bullet cones they look far better than the round cones is this true.
What makes you think Focals are the bees nees. I know they are good don't get me wrong I just wondered.

Oh & no back speakers FTW!!
VTS_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 15:41   #56
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
no you dont need anything in the back ben

thats why 6x9s are gay.. you want your sound staging as forward as possible unless your drivers seat is in the boot
Thing is 6x9 i have in the back of my saxo are very nice and clear and there kenwoods KFC-6970ie. the sound i have in there is very nice a quality the front i can hear no problem nice sharp snap when the snare drum or the hi hats hit. the sound i have is balanced 6x9 i find are good if 6x9 wasnt made for going in the back of cars what are they made for. thing is of having comps only in front all you get is quality at front and you hear nothing behind you as with 6x9 in back as well the balance the sound back and fowerd.

As people said you never hear at concert the sound behind you. well sort of wrong really as im a dj myself in concerts if you listen carefully the sound travles back to you from behind as the sound hits the back of walls and clifs and bounces back to you. not only that most concerts have moniter or 15" peavey or martin/jbl speakers behind you as well in the roofs or by the sound engineer at the back.

Dont get me wrong components are well good for a small car but you still need it balanced by having top grade or decent 6x9 that are quality made that have the power to go low frequency to hadle low end bass that some 6x9 cant handle and blow. i do still think 6x9 are the way to go if putting something in back but comps are alsum for only you in front and fat people in the back to bounce the sound off them lol
Old 5th August 2008, 15:53   #57
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

You have obviously never heard a real sound system!

I agree with the fact that when at a concert, the sound reflects off the back wall, but 6x9's simply do not a reproduce this sound! I find that having mids in the rear doors is the best way to do it. A nice bit of rear fill can enhance the imaging, and if you were to slightly delay the mids by a few mili seconds you can make it sound as if the sound is reflecting off a back wall at a concert.

6x9's are simply never used in SQ systems. Having them stuck on the parcel shelf not only drags the sound stage to the back of the car, but if used with a sub they will simply distort and you will end up blowing them, due to the amount of air pushed by the sub. With comps you have a seperate tweeter, therefore you can lift the sound stage in the vehicle, as if the sound was being coming from in front of you. Not possible with 6x9's at all! Especially if they are just thrown into the parcel shelf!

6x9's are made purely for a cheap, but better than standard sound. nothing more! Thats why you wont find 6x9's that cost any more than £100, whereas you can buy comps for over £10K!!
Old 5th August 2008, 16:04   #58
Oo_ben_oO
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
You have obviously never heard a real sound system!

I agree with the fact that when at a concert, the sound reflects off the back wall, but 6x9's simply do not a reproduce this sound! I find that having mids in the rear doors is the best way to do it. A nice bit of rear fill can enhance the imaging, and if you were to slightly delay the mids by a few mili seconds you can make it sound as if the sound is reflecting off a back wall at a concert.

6x9's are simply never used in SQ systems. Having them stuck on the parcel shelf not only drags the sound stage to the back of the car, but if used with a sub they will simply distort and you will end up blowing them, due to the amount of air pushed by the sub. With comps you have a seperate tweeter, therefore you can lift the sound stage in the vehicle, as if the sound was being coming from in front of you. Not possible with 6x9's at all! Especially if they are just thrown into the parcel shelf!

6x9's are made purely for a cheap, but better than standard sound. nothing more! Thats why you wont find 6x9's that cost any more than £100, whereas you can buy comps for over £10K!!
i do agree but thing is by putting comp for front you got nothing for back apart from the little crappy 10cm speakers by the seats. yes 6x9 are a pain if heavey bass is run and can end up blowing the 6x9 but if you have built a box below it under the 6x9 it will protect. at the mo all i got in car is component focals in the front now but the tweets i havent install yet to the door pillers all i got them on is sticky stuff and put them on the dashboard facing me. then i have the 6x9 runing off my jvc head unit as well all know putting 6x9 on amp will totaly push to much frequency through them and blow um then i have the small ones by the back seats working and then a 12" 2000w legacy sub and it sounds nice nice phumping bass and not a fluttering delay and sound is just nice not to tiny or to shallow. sounds alright may i be nosey and ask how you got yours set up if possible have you got any pics laying around of it so i can see how you have done it. cheers man
Old 5th August 2008, 16:50   #59
Penn
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Cupped RS Clio 200
Penn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud ofPenn has much to be proud of

Comps in front doors with tweaters mounted in doorcards as high as possible. Keep the rear speakers in but make sure you set the fade level to 100% front.

You will instantly get an amazing sound quality in comparison to anything you put in the back parcel shelves. With the windows closed without a sub, comps give a really really nice bass note with the tweaters providing crystal clear high frequencies.

Shove a sub in the boot and you'll have an awesome sounding system for cheap, and a parcel shelf without any holes in it!
Old 5th August 2008, 21:35   #60
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
i do agree but thing is by putting comp for front you got nothing for back apart from the little crappy 10cm speakers by the seats. yes 6x9 are a pain if heavey bass is run and can end up blowing the 6x9 but if you have built a box below it under the 6x9 it will protect. at the mo all i got in car is component focals in the front now but the tweets i havent install yet to the door pillers all i got them on is sticky stuff and put them on the dashboard facing me. then i have the 6x9 runing off my jvc head unit as well all know putting 6x9 on amp will totaly push to much frequency through them and blow um then i have the small ones by the back seats working and then a 12" 2000w legacy sub and it sounds nice nice phumping bass and not a fluttering delay and sound is just nice not to tiny or to shallow. sounds alright may i be nosey and ask how you got yours set up if possible have you got any pics laying around of it so i can see how you have done it. cheers man
6x9's running on head unit power will sound pretty awfull imo! They are probably rated at about 100rms, and you're feeding them about 15rms! Not good tbh! You should be running at least their rated power tbh, and what on earth makes you think you will blow them if you amp them? They are designed to be amped!

6x9's will sound okay if they are enclosed in a small box, like 0.3cuft or so. But still, the sound stage will nasty and the sound quality they give off is terrible tbh! Just a mixed up mess, which often sound harsh to the ear and hollow!

Comps and a sub is all you need in a small car. And even in a big car you dont necessarily need any more. Comps is a perfect 3 way set up. Tweeters, mids and sub. Thats all there is to it tbh. They are placed in optimum positions for imaging and staging, whereas 6x9's have all frequencies coming from a single source unit which is why they sound so naff!