Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 28th July 2008, 21:50   #21
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

these are the hertz

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/hertz-dieci-p-6122.html

spl's

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...52-p-5522.html

rainbows:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/rain...30-p-3855.html

good things are talked about all 3 of these comps. all though not having heard the spls, both csvtr and coonper rate them highly. they are supposed to play louder than the hertz. allthough the hertz are supposed to be slightly better SQ. as for the rainbows, they are rated very highly by many, allthough ive heard the tweeter can be a bit harsh due to the lower quality crossover
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 21:52   #22
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
that sound perfect lol but wudnt da subs blow as they would be overpowered alott
Read post 16
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 21:55   #23
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

tbh.. kenwood is needed here
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 28th July 2008, 21:56   #24
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
tbh.. kenwood is needed here
Door's that way! -------->
Old 28th July 2008, 21:56   #25
tazz
Infrequent Poster

tazz is on a distinguished road

800watts!!!! lool for my budget seems a good deal but what wireing kits would i need for both the subs and the comp im new to this didnt really understand what wires were good
tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 21:58   #26
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
800watts!!!! lool for my budget seems a good deal but what wireing kits would i need for both the subs and the comp im new to this didnt really understand what wires were good
need wires for both amps

4awg is a minimum for the jbl gto 1201.1

as for the smaller amp. 8awg wiring would be required

however running a length of 4awg from batter to a dizzy block in the boot, then a length of 4awg to the gto1201 and a length of 8awg to the smaller amp
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:00   #27
tazz
Infrequent Poster

have you got any links of wireing which you would recommend for this set up
Old 28th July 2008, 22:00   #28
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

also: if your planning to run to subs at 250wrms each then id go for the smaller monoblock which is 700wrms at 2ohms, will only be overpowering by 100watt which is good

should also save you money

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-gto7001-p-6737.html

im sure you could find the amp cheaper though.. ill have a search
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:01   #29
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
The thicker the run of cable the better.

0 gauge would be ideal for like 1400rms, but it is costly. 4 gauge would do the job, but you will get a bit more voltage drop accross the whole length.

To run 2 amp you need the following;

3-5 metres of 0awg or 4 awg cable with inline fuse (60A-80A)

Distribution block (0awg or 4awg input) which splits into 2 ouputs (4 gauge)

Earthing block (same as power dizzy block, but for earth leads)

Remote cable (with enough to strap between the 2 amps)

2 RCA leads (one for mono amp, one for 2 channel amp)

OFC speaker cable for subs and components. (10 or 12awg for subs, 12, 14 or 16awg for comps)
Old 28th July 2008, 22:02   #30
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...wg-p-5576.html

that would power the monoblock

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...wg-p-6480.html

this would power the smaller amp

use some of the speaker wire (about less than 1m for the sub)

then the rest to wire the comps as theres no wires supplied in the 8awg kit
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:03   #31
tazz
Infrequent Poster

i was getting the jbl1201 for £130 of a mate brand new packed thats why i was swaying towards that also as my budget isnt great in the future i could upgrade my subs and still keep the amp
Old 28th July 2008, 22:05   #32
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GTO-7001E-...3286.m14.l1318

this is the amp id use to power those jbl subs

700wrms at 2ohms

less money than the 1201. and less chance of damage by overpowering the subs too much
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:06   #33
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
i was getting the jbl1201 for £130 of a mate brand new packed thats why i was swaying towards that also as my budget isnt great in the future i could upgrade my subs and still keep the amp
wouldnt power 500wrms at 2ohms by an amp that will be giving it 1100wrms at 2ohms personally

either get the lower spec amp (in my previous post)

or get better subs now imo

EDIT: you could just wire up comps and amp for now.. get a gto1201 and leave it in box till youve saved up for sufficient subs.. thats what im doing at the mo
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:07   #34
tazz
Infrequent Poster

yh thats true what subs would you recommend on a budget but woudnt mind spending abit more if it was worth it and would last
Old 28th July 2008, 22:08   #35
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Go for that amp definitely then!

It'll be fine powering 2 GT4's! Dont worry about it!

You could always get 2 x 1202D GTO subs, which are rated @ 300rms. They are about £30-£40 each

They are dual 2 ohm, so 2 of them will equate to a 2 ohm load! Spot on!
Old 28th July 2008, 22:11   #36
tazz
Infrequent Poster

the reason why i wanted the pioneer subs was because they are 400rms and as i would have 2 subs they would be ideal for the amp. but there quality crap
Old 28th July 2008, 22:11   #37
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...d4-p-6009.html

2 of these if you can afford it

they are dual4ohm so would be wired up to 4ohm if there was two of them? confirm please coonper lol

this would mean a gto1201 will be giving 787wrms at 4ohms.. over powering these subs by 187wrms. but it will be more than fine to do this
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:14   #38
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

A few to think about

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/7497.html

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3709.html ( i used to have these)

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/asce...7727edbf4df32f

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dyna...7727edbf4df32f

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-...7727edbf4df32f

The last jbl sub would take 500rms all day! 2 of them would sound nice imo!
Old 28th July 2008, 22:17   #39
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
great minds think alike.. allthough i would have the 10" version

2 of them at wired at 4ohm would sound nice imo
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 22:18   #40
tazz
Infrequent Poster

oh my god to many to choose from now looll thinkin of the spl SPL Dynamics V250D4 or the JBL GTO1214 both are £50 each which would be better to buy overall?