Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Styling & Interior

Saxo Styling & Interior If you want to know about Saxo interior and exterior styling, take a look inside this forum...

Old 5th January 2009, 14:33   #1
Law08
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
Law08 is on a distinguished road
Default "Euro Saxo" - Widemouth, Alloys, Suspension e.c.t (Help, Input please)

Hi,

I thinking to Euro my Saxo, im not 100% on this yet. Just planning and working out the work that will be involved and the cost. I know the wheels and the stance are the most important thing, if that aint right then it wont work at all! If I decide I wanna go ahead, I want to get this complete before the Doncaster car show.

This is my car spec list:

Current Spec

Suspension / Brakes
- Spax Lowered 40mm (All Round)

Exterior
- Aero Wiper Blades
- De-Badged Rear
- Dimma Grille
- Smoked Standard Headlights
- Smoked Side Reapters
- Yellow Front / Rear Calipers
- Wind Deflectors

1. My Black Saxo is getting a Re-spray within the next month or so.. I want to get the bump strips colour coded, wide mouth the bumper, and smooth the fogs over. Whats the best way of widemouthing the bumper just smooth it down or get one of them inserts?

2. For "Euro Style" Alloys I will looking anwhere between £800 - £2000, I had a look at a few places, could you recommend some website that sell them online or website that can be bought second had if they are in perfect condition. What size would be the best 14" ? Can you always get them in 4x108 pcd?

3. Suspension wize, currently just lowered on Spax springs, would be a new kit for the front and new rear dampers.

I know i'm missing alot more thats needs to be done, but I just wrote this quickly.. I would appreciate your input, negative or postive. Any pictures of "Euro Styled Saxos" would help greatly..

Thanks.

Last edited by Law08; 5th January 2009 at 14:47. Reason: Updating Page Information
Law08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 15:07   #2
yorkie
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): gen7 toyota celica
yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!

4 x108 wheels are very rare you will need cit to vw hub adaptors like me

4x108 to 4x100 see ebay

also see www.eu-mania.co.uk
Old 5th January 2009, 15:13   #3
Law08
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
4 x108 wheels are very rare you will need cit to vw hub adaptors like me

4x108 to 4x100 see ebay

also see www.eu-mania.co.uk
Thanks for that bit of info Yorkie..
Old 5th January 2009, 15:14   #4
yorkie
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): gen7 toyota celica
yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!yorkie is absolutely fabulous!

I also have more works coming very soon more smoothing, more wheels and coilies
Old 5th January 2009, 15:19   #5
NICK2506
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Black '03 Mk2 VTS
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
NICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud of

smoooooooth!
delock the doors, dewiper, boot look smoothed out, get a standard petrol cap, make some m3 style lights (like pic below), and deepdish alloys (try http://dubmeister.co.uk/ for alloys.)

M3 tail lights:

Hope this helps mate

My progress thread 2003 Mk2 Black VTS
My old 2001 Mk2 VTR progress thread
NICK2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NICK2506 For This Useful Post:
Old 5th January 2009, 15:27   #6
vtrlogan
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Mantis Blue VTR
iTrader Score: 15 (94%)
vtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud of

Personaly i would go for a fully smoothed boot or have the numebr playe recess made smaller so a sqaure plate can be fitted.

Mine with standard exhaust and fully smoothed boot, looks alot better when colour coded!

No spoiler aswel..
vtrlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vtrlogan For This Useful Post:
Old 5th January 2009, 16:19   #7
Law08
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Mine has been de-badged allready lol.

Best place to look for alloys is Dub Meister. Has anyone got any more pictures. The EU Maina looks like a decent site, first time I have been on it lol..

Finding the alloys will be the hardest part

Well the first thing on the list would be the body work.. Best way to go about it?

Thanks.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:23   #8
vtrlogan
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Mantis Blue VTR
iTrader Score: 15 (94%)
vtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud ofvtrlogan has much to be proud of

Get smoothing lol... handles, locks.. the holes where the badges were... could get all bumpers smoothed in and side panels smoothed in.. not cheap.. personaly i would just get ATS cups then have them refurbed in a tasty colour..
vtrlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 16:29   #9
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Series 1 Rallye
iTrader Score: 151 (99%)
Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

Has it been de badged properly, ie holes welded up and smoothed over?

to go proper full on euro you are looking at full on smoothing on the car, custom exhaust with original exhaust recess smoothed over, lowered at least 80mm, Small wide wheels, Interior retrim (seats, dash, carpet, roof lining, the lot), and last but most importantly your car has to have something original but special to make it different from the other euro saxo's.

for full on euro you are looking at well in excess of £10,000.

bodywork wise if your no good at it yourself find a reputable garage near you, tell them what you want done and be ready to pay top wack for good results.

For inspiration see Lee_VTR1 & Yorkie's Progress Threads.
In balls deep and worry about the consiquences after

Last edited by Dan-Subtle; 5th January 2009 at 16:35.
Dan-Subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 16:38   #10
Law08
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleVTR View Post
Has it been de badged properly, ie holes welded up and smoothed over?

to go proper full on euro you are looking at full on smoothing on the car, custom exhaust with original exhaust recess smoothed over, lowered at least 80mm, Small wide wheels, Interior retrim (seats, dash, carpet, roof lining, the lot), and last but most importantly your car has to have something original but special to make it different from the other euro saxo's.

for full on euro you are looking at well in excess of £10,000.

bodywork wise if your no good at it yourself find a reputable garage near you, tell them what you want done and be ready to pay top wack for good results.

For inspiration see Lee_VTR1 & Yorkie's Progress Threads.
Thanks mate.
The interior would be last on the list... The exterior would be the main pirority.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:43   #11
kcsaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1
kcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team member

it would be cool if you smoothed the tailgate / removed rear wiper / number plate recess in the bumper / where the cut in the bumper is for the exhaust, have it smotthed so it matches the rest of the bumper and have the box hidden ala polo style.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:47   #12
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator

Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsaxo View Post
it would be cool if you smoothed the tailgate / removed rear wiper / number plate recess in the bumper / where the cut in the bumper is for the exhaust, have it smotthed so it matches the rest of the bumper and have the box hidden ala polo style.
Smoothing the tailgate would not really be classed as a euro mod.

there is a lot involved in euro'ing the car. first thing first which is a must do is get the standard fuel cap fitted.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:54   #13
Law08
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleVTR View Post
Smoothing the tailgate would not really be classed as a euro mod.

there is a lot involved in euro'ing the car. first thing first which is a must do is get the standard fuel cap fitted.
I have got a standard petrol, just waiting for it to go for a re-spray and then will be up on... The car didnt come with the standard cap, so I got one off VT_Racer on SAX-P, which is a slightly grey colour.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:55   #14
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law08 View Post
I have got a standard petrol, just waiting for it to go for a re-spray and then will be up on... The car didnt come with the standard cap, so I got one off VT_Racer on SAX-P, which is a slightly grey colour.
yeh i saw on your progress thread. best to get that on then go from there.

did you get the boot debadged properly or are the holes still there?
Old 5th January 2009, 16:58   #15
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

I dont mean to be horrible but LEE_VTRs car is not Euro.
its just low and grey.

Euro would be smoothed, low, stretched tyres over small wheels etc.

By all means his car is on the way, but just cos its low and grey doesnt make it Euro imo.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 17:01   #16
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I dont mean to be horrible but LEE_VTRs car is not Euro.
its just low and grey.

Euro would be smoothed, low, stretched tyres over small wheels etc.

By all means his car is on the way, but just cos its low and grey doesnt make it Euro imo.
True karl but its on its way, im only trying to give the lad some ideas.

this las just wants idea on bodywork and lee has made a good start on the bodywork so best off he goes from there and gets some ideas.

tbh if you want to go euro then as i said you need something that is original so it sticks out from all the other euro saxo wannabes.
Old 5th January 2009, 17:02   #17
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Rat look it,
rusty bonnet, low as fook etc.
would be mint.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 17:05   #18
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Rat look it,
rusty bonnet, low as fook etc.
would be mint.
and a banded steelies

Rat look is pretty ace tbf

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 17:05   #19
NICK2506
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Black '03 Mk2 VTS
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
NICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud of

could do some chequored (sp) pattern somewhere possibly like roof or mirrors. maybe even get rid of door handles and get poppers with a button under the mirror so that it passes MOT's.
also a bonnet bra is good for euro.

My progress thread 2003 Mk2 Black VTS
My old 2001 Mk2 VTR progress thread
NICK2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 17:10   #20
dannyjay
Saxperience Post Whore
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!dannyjay is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK2506 View Post
could do some chequored (sp) pattern somewhere possibly like roof or mirrors. maybe even get rid of door handles and get poppers with a button under the mirror so that it passes MOT's.
also a bonnet bra is good for euro.
Bra = WANK

Chequred = Rubbish, overdone now unless OEM

Ignore anything in your head, concentrate on the stance and go from there.

The wheels make the car, not the bodywork! Standard, awesome wheels = amazing. Smoothed, standard wheels = fail.
dannyjay is offline   Reply With Quote