Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 18th January 2009, 19:15   #1
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!
Default PS3 tinterweb settings

I have just turned my PS3 off in a bit of a rage. I wasted 20 mins on COD5 trying to find a match and didnt manage one. Plenty of folk online and in various playlists but refused to find anyone in a lobby. I sat for 10 mins in team death match and nothing!

I checked my connection and my NAT is type 2, is this good or bad.

Online works fine on both laptops, 360 and wii

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2009, 21:13   #2
grantlowery
Established Member

Car(s): Shag Wag
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!grantlowery is a great team player!

NAT type 2 is what your after mate.

whats your speed like?
Old 18th January 2009, 21:25   #3
alexsmith
Established Member

Car(s): 206 gti 180
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
alexsmith has a spectacular aura aboutalexsmith has a spectacular aura about

same problem here mate
alexsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 10:09   #4
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Speed is always 6>7.5mb

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 19th January 2009, 21:41   #5
Ryyy
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Too poor.
Ryyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud ofRyyy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I have just turned my PS3 off in a bit of a rage. I wasted 20 mins on COD5 trying to find a match and didnt manage one. Plenty of folk online and in various playlists but refused to find anyone in a lobby. I sat for 10 mins in team death match and nothing!

I checked my connection and my NAT is type 2, is this good or bad.

Online works fine on both laptops, 360 and wii

Happened other day to me...Was waiting to play but no-one joined!
..Then tried with CoD4 and the same happened..I just restart my commy and then PS3 and it seems to be fine....For me atleast
Ryyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 22:18   #6
Krys_23
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 10 (81%)
Krys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team memberKrys_23 is a well respected team member

Be like me get rid of the PS3 which is a waste of time in my opinion and get an xbox.
Old 20th January 2009, 01:05   #7
blythy
Infrequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 SX
blythy is a splendid one to beholdblythy is a splendid one to beholdblythy is a splendid one to beholdblythy is a splendid one to beholdblythy is a splendid one to beholdblythy is a splendid one to beholdblythy is a splendid one to behold

you might need to check which ports it uses and forward them on your router. try searching for which ports it uses and then you can use this site http://portforward.com/routers.htm to forward the ports.

might not fix it but worth a try, if it doesnt send me the game and il test it for you
blythy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2009, 09:39   #8
Scottp
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys_23 View Post
Be like me get rid of the PS3 which is a waste of time in my opinion and get an xbox.
I already have an xbox and prefer it to the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blythy View Post
you might need to check which ports it uses and forward them on your router. try searching for which ports it uses and then you can use this site http://portforward.com/routers.htm to forward the ports.

might not fix it but worth a try, if it doesnt send me the game and il test it for you
Thanks ill have a look. Dont get why it works most other times and is fine with the xbox and wii though

Old 23rd January 2009, 10:25   #9
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Stop being a wuss... Turn off media server and/or get your network settings sorted for the ps3 and it will be gravy.

See my other thread for some info to try.

PS3 network settings for router problems

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simo For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:07   #10
Scottp
Administrator

thanks mate ill try this over the weekend.

PS3 is gay

Old 24th January 2009, 16:46   #11
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

any luck yet scott??

my HDD is fooked so had to get a new one today from pc world! simos fitting it for me tonight so fingers crossed
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 14:18   #12
Scottp
Administrator

i fucked off the media server setting as I couldnt be dicked with the static setup at the moment It seemed to work and I got a few games right away

Old 26th January 2009, 15:31   #13
Graemep
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): FN2 Civic Type-R
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!Graeme is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i fucked off the media server setting as I couldnt be dicked with the static setup at the moment It seemed to work and I got a few games right away
thing with cod it has poor servers on the ps3

its just a case of sticking with it

whats your username?
Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 16:50   #14
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

I dont usually have game connection problems.. unless I try to join a game with G, as his net connection is worse than dial up

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote