Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 13th August 2009, 01:04   #1
Lewisimo
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Lewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud of
Arrow My Indigo Blue Throttle Bodied 106 Rallye - Manifold Update Last Page!

To cut a long story short, I sold my Saxo to Pauly Dixon and bought Hanks 'old' Rallye. Plan is to fit my engine and box (now complete) fit my seat and other parts and mint it up a bit more, then have it as a road/track toy. Anyways here's the latest...

Right i've had a chance to do a bit more of a proper write up regarding the engine installation so here it is:

I loaded up the van on saturday with all the parts - engine, gearbox, Grp N wishbones, Steering, and other various nuts and bolts etc and then got up pretty early on the Sunday to head to Hanks gaff in Newport Wales. Bit of a debacle en route as I didn't have enough dosh for the severn bridge (assumed it would be about £3 and it turned out to £15!) :eek: So anyway they let me through and I just had to pay by post instead...and if you don't pay within the week it goes up to £90!!! Robbin' bastards!

That aside, I got to Hanks about elevenish and we made a start straight away.

First Job was to check all the hoses in the bay were ready, and to remove the old Fuel pressure regulator that Hank had installed for his engine - mine already has one so we did away with that. 2nd pic shows Hank modeling the latest fashion in Wales, otherwise known as the '106 Rallye Frock'!

2nd job was to mate the engine to the Gearbox - this was done without too much trouble once we had lifted the engine up a little using the crane, and then located the input shaft into the clutch. We then bolted everything up and checked it was all tight etc:

Next job was to try the brakes on the car to see if they fitted...needless to say they didn't, but the discs sure looked sexual regardless:

Next up was the actual engine fitment. ALthough the pics give the impresion that this was an easy task, while it was relatively straight forward there was a lot of heaving and fecking about to move it into postion while we lowered the car down onto it using the crane, all the while trying not to scratch or break anything (which we managed fine!)

We then 'simply' lowered the car to the ground, and pulled the engine up into place using the crane, then onto then bolted it all in:

We then had to modify the throttle cable to fit, which we did. Meanwhile Hank discovered he had somehow implaed himself with some braided hose in his leg - stings like a bitch!

After that we connected pretty much everything else, fitted the wishbones, checked it all and we were done! All that was left to do was admire our handiwork.

The car get's delivered to my house this weekend so more updates to come!

200Bhp Rallye Blog: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250703

Last edited by Lewisimo; 6th April 2012 at 13:35.
Lewisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 01:16   #2
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Looks lovely.

Fuse box / ECU and other stuff inside car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 01:18   #3
Lewisimo
Frequent Poster

Lewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud ofLewisimo has much to be proud of

Thanks mate. Yes all of that is inside. I still need to get the actual engine wired as it's not done yet. Also I am getting an exhaust done by primary designs as the bore on the Pugsport that was on it is WAY too small for the engine and KRS manifold.

200Bhp Rallye Blog: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250703
Lewisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 01:44   #4
adamsax
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): MK1 VTS
adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!adamsax is as cool as a cucumber!

Awesome doesn't cover it.

Wow.
adamsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 01:48   #5
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Absolutley stunning..again.

Was the Saxo sold as it was or did you put it back to standard? Whats the new owner doing with that one now?
Old 13th August 2009, 08:30   #6
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Clio Trophy 025/500
leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

Hey Lewis son....2 bloody years or so its took to get that engine into an engine bay and I must say its loooking swwwwwwwwwwweeet!

I take it Pauly D must have sold the type r, as I heard on the grape vine he was back in another black saxo.
leeroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 08:35   #7
3cott
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Black mk2 vts
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice3cott is just really nice

OMG

That car is one of the best around imo...
3cott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 08:58   #8
MR_N
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
MR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of lightMR_N is a glorious beacon of light

Seen you put the engine in on shed or ssc, does look fantastic. Was well worth the wait of having the enigne as an ornament for a long time lol. Really want to pop the ecu and fuse's inside the car when i do this, how "involved" is it?

FCS 2011 SPECIAL AWARD - TRAX 2011 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - FCS 2012 SHOW AND SHINER WINNER - TRAX 2012 SHOW AND SHINE RUNNER UP - TRAX 2013 BEST SAXO
MR_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 09:23   #9
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Pure sex.

Wish my engine looked like that!

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 09:45   #10
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

looks lush very nice indeed
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 09:51   #11
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): I like Bikes now 👍🏻
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Maxamus is on a distinguished road

Ive fallen in love! what an engine bay you have they

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy23 View Post
At FCS everyone was pretty similar...Moxy bigging up 16v...then you coming fucking belting round the corner back end out. Quality! max respect.
Maxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 10:54   #12
Mieran
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!

Did you sell your crazy spec'd VTS?

Btw is Pauly Dixon the same guy from Consett with the EP3 and MK1 golf?
Mieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 11:35   #13
jimbo06
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): 52 VTS, 172 Cup
jimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to alljimbo06 is a name known to all

awesome awesome awesome Cant wait to see more updates.

That engine could of been a peice of furniture lol
jimbo06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 11:44   #14
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Clio Trophy 025/500
leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

Mieran, thats him
leeroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 11:44   #15
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): I like Bikes now 👍🏻
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Maxamus is on a distinguished road

Gotta get some vids up of it running tbh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy23 View Post
At FCS everyone was pretty similar...Moxy bigging up 16v...then you coming fucking belting round the corner back end out. Quality! max respect.
Maxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 13:05   #16
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

One word..

Weapon
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 13:13   #17
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Yummy.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 13:15   #18
Mieran
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroybrown View Post
Mieran, thats him
Hes on my local cruise site, hes funny as fook haha

I loved that matt black MK3 golf he had, it was awesome
Mieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 13:39   #19
toms_vtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): stealth Vtr/S
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
toms_vtr has a spectacular aura abouttoms_vtr has a spectacular aura about

is that the super s1600 engine?
how much bhp will it be running..
i love this car lol!!!
toms_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 13:51   #20
benJee_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi S3
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
benJee_VTR will become famous soon enoughbenJee_VTR will become famous soon enough

Awesome, so clean! Now all you have to do is never drive it!
benJee_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote