Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 3rd January 2010, 22:53   #1
5AMBO
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic Grey Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all
Default Workout plan without gym

Due to work comitments and funds, I recently quit the gym and to be honest no matter how hard I tried, I noticed no change the whole time i went but really want to give it a serious go and make some changes now.

I need a workout plan consisting of dumbell weights and running/outdoor activity that I can stick to on a regular basis along with a sugested diet that will give me the following results. (my main problem is having no targets and not knowing what to set myself).

I am roughly 10st and not a lot of muscle and want to builld upper body size and strength and improve my fitness. Including toning my stomach etc.

Please advise...........

Icelandic VTR - For Sale
5AMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 23:10   #2
AJ_SAXO
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Mk4 Golf 2.0l GTi
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
AJ_SAXO will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5AMBO View Post
Due to work comitments and funds, I recently quit the gym and to be honest no matter how hard I tried, I noticed no change the whole time i went but really want to give it a serious go and make some changes now.

I need a workout plan consisting of dumbell weights and running/outdoor activity that I can stick to on a regular basis along with a sugested diet that will give me the following results. (my main problem is having no targets and not knowing what to set myself).

I am roughly 10st and not a lot of muscle and want to builld upper body size and strength and improve my fitness. Including toning my stomach etc.

Please advise...........

Right....

Firstly a workout plan. I got mine from Bodybuilder.com so is worth a try, my workout is an upper body only workout using various weights etc... I goto the gym Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri and Wed, Sat and Sun are my days off(days off are vital for your muscle growth!!) Wed and Sat I go for a run as I need to fit my cardio in there as I sit at a bench at work all day. Are you using any kind of protein shake? if not then its worth a shot as it helps with muscle growth and muscle recovery!

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusheR View Post
Dont drink and dial, you miss your pocket when you try and put it back
AJ_SAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 10:36   #3
kcsaxo
Saxperience Forum Bum
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1
kcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team memberkcsaxo is a well respected team member

cardio:
- jogging x 20mins
- skipping rope x 10mins

monday - chest + triceps:
- press ups
- incline press ups where your feet are on a chair for the angle
- dips on a bench

tuesday - rest:

wednesday - back + biceps:
- chin ups
- dumbell rows
- bicep curls

thrusday - rest:

friday - shoulders + stomach:
- dumbell press
- side dumbell raise
- bent over dumbell raise
- crunches + reverse crunches + side crunches

obviously you need to sort out the reps + sets to suit your level but thats a rough example of what you need.
Old 4th January 2010, 19:14   #4
AJ_SAXO
Established Member

sorry just realised that you want a workout without the gym

Quote:
Old 4th January 2010, 19:23   #5
carl
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): 1996 Citroen Saxo 1.1i, 1999 Citroen Saxo VTR
carl is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsaxo View Post
cardio:
- jogging x 20mins
- skipping rope x 10mins
If he weights ten stone the reason he wants to train Is to add size and mass so I would forget all cardio what so ever, or no more than 3 x 10 minutes a week.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...e-workout.html this could help (the dumbbell parts anyway)

Your probs like me as I'm 10 and a half stone at the moment and have been a regular In my gym for over 6 months with not as much gains as I could have ... but now I'm eating like a horse! taking good protein with a grounded oats twice a day (or just buy a weight gainer) I prepare my meals the night before + a shake to drink during work.

I started last May lifting as just under 9 and a half stone! ... I was bad I couldn't even lift 5 reps of 40kg on the bench when I first went. Now I weight 10 and a half and plan to get to 11 stone. I got to just over 11 but I wasn't as lean as I could of been.

You need to eat every 2 hours or as close to It as you can (If your works like mine I know It's hard to do) you'll see gains! If you feel your bodyfat Is becoming too high then up cardio ... but If you right "plain and good foods" you'll be fine.

Last edited by carl; 4th January 2010 at 19:33.
carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 19:24   #6
carl
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

oh and train no more than 3-4 days max! rest Is vital for growth so try sleep as much as you can.

Last edited by carl; 4th January 2010 at 19:31.
carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 23:17   #7
5AMBO
Established Member
South East Region Member

5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all5AMBO is a name known to all

cheers for all of the responses and advice. extremely appreciated and will begin to put a mixture of peoples suggestions into practice next week. Gonna use your advice to put a plan together. I think my hardest bit is sticking to things and managing what i eat as I have a very busy life with work, travelling to work and seeing the girlfriend.

I have been drinking whey protein shakes but only after working out each time. Thats when I was going to the gym.

So should i give the running a miss and stick to dumbells, press ups, sit ups etc?

Icelandic VTR - For Sale
Old 5th January 2010, 12:39   #8
AJ_SAXO
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5AMBO View Post
cheers for all of the responses and advice. extremely appreciated and will begin to put a mixture of peoples suggestions into practice next week. Gonna use your advice to put a plan together. I think my hardest bit is sticking to things and managing what i eat as I have a very busy life with work, travelling to work and seeing the girlfriend.

I have been drinking whey protein shakes but only after working out each time. Thats when I was going to the gym.

So should i give the running a miss and stick to dumbells, press ups, sit ups etc?

If I was you I would stick with running aswell as weight training, unless you lead a pretty active lifestyle i.e playing sport etc...

I dont play sport so my cardio is from running

Quote:
Old 5th January 2010, 17:12   #9
carl
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

I'd miss the running out mate, If you eat clean you won't be adding too much fat. and if your a hard gainer the calories burnt from lifting will be enough. The way to BULK is to add mass so like I said If you find your putting fat on just start to add cardio. take 2 shakes a day minimum, one before and after training and on non training days just try fit them between meals
Old 5th January 2010, 17:43   #10
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

0r if putting fat 0n, cutting the cals w0uld be easier
Old 6th January 2010, 00:04   #11
TheSmith
L-plater

Car(s): Green Saxo 1.1 2001
TheSmith is on a distinguished road
Default Wanting to lose weight

wrong thread sorry
TheSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 08:34   #12
5AMBO
Established Member
South East Region Member

cheers guys, as suggested. I am gonna stick to a couple of runs a week still i think.

Icelandic VTR - For Sale
Old 11th January 2010, 00:17   #13
5AMBO
Established Member
South East Region Member

I have begun lifting weights regularly now but so far I am not doing a lot of different things as i am limited to space in my room and only have dumbells.

I have been doing 7.5kg dumbells 4 sets 5 reps and repeating process morning and night and drinking two whey protein shakes a day. I have been doing this everyday at the moment as im not doing that much.

I dont have a bench at the moment so some of the workouts above not possible. Do you think a bench is necessary and if so would anyone be able to recommend me one and post link on this page.

I would like to add workouts to my routine that I plan to spend 30mins a night doing and 3/4 nights a week so please let me know best ones to fill this time with. I would like to concentrate on upper body to begin with. Toning stomach and creating visible abs. Bulking up and increasing arm and shoulder sizes.

Please give me some advice on additional equipment i could invest in, how I can plan a 30min workout a day and what it should consist of and what supplements/shakes you recommend and how often.

Thanks

Icelandic VTR - For Sale