Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 6th January 2011, 16:51   #61
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

the clio ones work well as the rear was designed with the diffuser in mind. My personal pet hate is the Peugeot 308 CC. I could write an essay insulting its design.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 16:52   #62
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post

Awesome!
That alone does fuck all though!!! It's for looks only. I thought motorsport was the opposite, using and developing new stuff for performance.

If you put a 'bigger' spoiler on your car like the saxo S1600, how do you know wether your benefiting or not. It could be possible that it is taking you a step back as A) you haven't got 210BHP B) your speed isn't going to be high enough to take advantage so will just cause you drag.
kristel10589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 17:24   #63
mark1311
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Be scirocco, full on 03plate track spec Saxo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
mark1311 is on a distinguished road

my focus has one aswell so dose the rs.

on note of a spoiler, how about something like the 911? fit two hydraulics, one at each end, and some how wire it so it lifts at set speeds, 30% at 50, 50% at 60 so on....
mark1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 17:31   #64
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1311 View Post
my focus has one aswell so dose the rs.

on note of a spoiler, how about something like the 911? fit two hydraulics, one at each end, and some how wire it so it lifts at set speeds, 30% at 50, 50% at 60 so on....
have you tried it without the 'diffuser' though?
Old 6th January 2011, 17:36   #65
mark1311
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

nope, its the mk3 st i have, so its built into the bumber if u get me? to mk2 didt have them (<08)
Old 6th January 2011, 17:39   #66
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
nope, its the mk3 st i have, so its built into the bumber if u get me? to mk2 didt have them (<08)
Yes I know that, my point was more to do with, if you haven't tried your car with and without one how do you know how it works or not? surely back to back testing needs to be done?
Old 6th January 2011, 17:45   #67
mark1311
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

arh sorry mate, i have drove both and nope cant tell them aprat at all. again i think its purely for looks, and i do think it looks good, but some a motorsport point of veiw totali point less. only cars i can see the doing anything of is cars such as touring cars dtm cars ect
Old 6th January 2011, 18:01   #68
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
arh sorry mate, i have drove both and nope cant tell them aprat at all. again i think its purely for looks, and i do think it looks good, but some a motorsport point of veiw totali point less. only cars i can see the doing anything of is cars such as touring cars dtm cars ect
agreed 120%.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:07   #69
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Slam the saxo 120mm and reduce all the turbulance underneath, might have some effect with a diffuser then!
Old 6th January 2011, 18:18   #70
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

The clio one does do something though! Thats why they don't come with a spoiler as standard as they don't need one. Im not saying its a Ferrari FXX or something though.

Do some searches for Renaultsport Clio 200 and the info is there 40kg of downforce at whatever speed it was.
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 18:18   #71
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Think he meant that diffuser on the saxo mate.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:26   #72
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Ah fair play. Is no-one interested in one that might do something on a saxo though?
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 18:31   #73
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

I think its confirmed a diffuser wont do fuck all on a saxo. Best you could do is what sexyGT has done.

If you're doing it for looks only then I think it would look chavtastic on a saxo. An imitation part that dosent do anything. Abit like 'saxp track cars' with the rear seats removed.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:45   #74
Jim-Bob
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region Member

Car(s): Looking for a 205...
iTrader Score: 52 (100%)
Jim-Bob will become famous soon enoughJim-Bob will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The clio one does do something though! Thats why they don't come with a spoiler as standard as they don't need one. Im not saying its a Ferrari FXX or something though.

Do some searches for Renaultsport Clio 200 and the info is there 40kg of downforce at whatever speed it was.
What use is a spoiler on a FWD car anyway? Is it was designed to be effective then it would keep the rear planted, but unweight the front so you'd be losing drive?

And the underside of a saxo really isn't aero friendly tbh, so the diffuser would be for show really, adding the one main bug bear of all track cars - weight

Sexy_gt's bumper looks like the best option and I'd never considered it acting as a big air scoop before (bumper will be getting the jigsaw treatment I think...)

There very few saxos that are powerful/fast enough to warrant aero parts so even if you could get some bits that worked their contribution would be outweighed by the weight of adding these parts...

Cut the bumper for better airflow out the rear and then leave it at that tbh, spend the time and money dialling in the suspension or keeping the engine running sweet!

James
Jim-Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 19:03   #75
sexy_gt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): SUPERCHARGED saxo vts
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
sexy_gt is on a distinguished road

cheers for all the praise lads. i was asked the other day why i dont have a blog...

id rather everyone see it in the flesh rather than know every detail on it from the internet

long live PLANET SAXX
Old 6th January 2011, 19:04   #76
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road

aero isn't just used to aid power application. it's used as a balancing tool to shift the centre of pressure to assist in cornering characteristics in a way that geometry setup cannot. and geometry is often a compromise. so you can use geometry and aero to create a far more efficient setup
Old 6th January 2011, 19:57   #77
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bob View Post
What use is a spoiler on a FWD car anyway? Is it was designed to be effective then it would keep the rear planted, but unweight the front so you'd be losing drive?

James
A proper one like the s1600 or maxi ones are there to reduce lift rather than give active downforce
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 20:05   #78
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
A proper one like the s1600 or maxi ones are there to reduce lift rather than give active downforce
agreed
i would consider them spoilers instead of wings. very big difference
Old 6th January 2011, 23:13   #79
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:

You don't know that though. probably nowhere near that amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
I think its confirmed a diffuser wont do fuck all on a saxo. Best you could do is what sexyGT has done.

If you're doing it for looks only then I think it would look chavtastic on a saxo. An imitation part that dosent do anything. Abit like 'saxp track cars' with the rear seats removed.
I like your comment, i have run out of thanks though.
Old 9th January 2011, 12:42   #80
wolf_gsxr
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

wolf_gsxr is on a distinguished road

theres one on here like sexy_gt's cut out but with a diffuser built in it looks amazing and functional. saw it the other day but can i fuck find it now lol
wolf_gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote