Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 10th June 2011, 20:09   #21
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

There are already guidelines in place in the sticky's and forum rules.

Unfortunately, it doesn't stop 20 people all sending payment for one item that doesn't actually exist, does it?

But seriously dude, people will never take you seriously after the recent incidents. I'd just lay low for a while until you've refunded/sorted everyone that you tried to scam back out again
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2011, 21:11   #22
saxovtsmad
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): now own a possi blue mk2 vts mk1 went to heaven
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
saxovtsmad will become famous soon enough

glad i didnt buy off you otherwise id be hunting you down and id even take a pic before i beat you and a pic after just incase people didnt recognise you
Old 10th June 2011, 21:13   #23
gaz4399
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1275 mini
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
gaz4399 is on a distinguished road

i would have thought this guy is an ideal canditate for a permenent ban tbh to prevent further scamming. IMO.

garry
gaz4399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 22:45   #24
Mathias
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region Member

iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
Mathias will become famous soon enoughMathias will become famous soon enough

only just seen this, this is taking the piss, although ill get my money back through paypal this guy should be banned or have restricted acces so cant get on parts for sale etc!!

He's just rubbing it in now!!!
Old 12th June 2011, 14:20   #25
MikeYost
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 20 (100%)
MikeYost is on a distinguished road

Should be banned once everyone has sorted out their disputes.

You cunt.

http://www.musclefood.com/MY46144
MikeYost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 15:26   #26
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

jesus how many people has he scammed?

should be banned imo
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 15:58   #27
mclovin9091
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 98 MK1 VTR
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mclovin9091 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
A mod looking through every single for sale thread, waiting for every single photo to load.
They should be! it doesn't take that long for a 800x600 pic to load up, unless of course you live the the middle of nowhere and even then you should still get a speed fast enough to load pics without too much waiting.
mclovin9091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 17:30   #28
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

if I was better at photoshopping...

Old 12th June 2011, 23:41   #29
Rudpud
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central Counties Region Member

Car(s): '55 Plate C2 VTS
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Rudpud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
How would this be implemented? A mod looking through every single for sale thread, waiting for every single photo to load, or clicking on each link to the photo?

Its just a tip for buyers and sellers.

I still belive its down to the precautions the buyer takes, and tbh its your fault if your scammer suceeds. Ive been scammed before but it wernt hard to resolve and I got my money back.
Unlike you, we have working internet connections that load faster than it takes to build a computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovin9091 View Post
They should be! it doesn't take that long for a 800x600 pic to load up, unless of course you live the the middle of nowhere and even then you should still get a speed fast enough to load pics without too much waiting.
No a mod shouldn't do that at all imo. As it states in the rules, people enter into deals at their own risk, if you dont think the seller is legit, dont buy simple!
Rudpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 09:50   #30
Gandi699
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Amazon green VTR 16v, Inferno RS clio 182
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gandi699 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudpud View Post
Unlike you, we have working internet connections that load faster than it takes to build a computer

No a mod shouldn't do that at all imo. As it states in the rules, people enter into deals at their own risk, if you dont think the seller is legit, dont buy simple!
Easier said than done though, especially if the suspected user has bought/sold items before with no problems. I personally think that only premium members should be able to sell, it wont wipe it out but it'd stop some of it.
Gandi699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 16:07   #31
Rudpud
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central Counties Region Member

Car(s): '55 Plate C2 VTS
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Rudpud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandi699 View Post
Easier said than done though, especially if the suspected user has bought/sold items before with no problems. I personally think that only premium members should be able to sell, it wont wipe it out but it'd stop some of it.
The only trouble with making it premiums only, is what about the rest of the well respected and well known members that aren't premium?

Tbh if a scammer can make £200, the premium charge isnt going to stop them.
Rudpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 16:40   #32
holdawayt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Nissan 200sx S14a
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
holdawayt is on a distinguished road

Exactly what i was about to write. Scammer pays £10 for premium - scams £££'s it's not going to put him off.

Plus people like me, a respected seller / buyer without premium would be out of action. Unfortunatley there's not a lot that can be done about people like this. There's no way of spotting them until they've scammed. Therefore making it hard to avoid.

Definitley think this is ban worthy though, if sexo got banned for his constant idiocy sureley tisandy should go? (once the claims have been settled)
Old 13th June 2011, 18:32   #33
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Do you really think for one second i wont ban him once things have been sorted??
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J222JRA For This Useful Post:
Old 13th June 2011, 18:38   #34
gaz4399
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1275 mini
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
gaz4399 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post
Do you really think for one second i wont ban him once things have been sorted??
good man
gaz4399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 23:33   #35
Tammy_VTS
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Phase 2 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Tammy_VTS can only hope to improve

Quote:
So how does he stay banned, for example if he is on a dynamic ip and uses a different email addy surely he could just sign up as tisntandy or whoever and make a load of waffle/bullshit posts, get access to the for sale forum and carry on

Footnote to self...do not buy from anyone in future who has tis or andy in their username
Tammy_VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 00:28   #36
benwh555
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS black 2003
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
benwh555 will become famous soon enough

This isn't the first person to scam on the forum and i'm sure he wont be the last either. We all need to be aware of the ways people try to scam others, there is plenty of tips and information on safe buying within the stickys on the forum. We all need to ask as many questions as possible, get as much information, pictures, post it notes with the sellers name on, etc as we can. If someone wont supply this information then walk away from the deal. Any genuine seller should be more than willing to supply as much information as you request. As said before its not the responsibility of the mods.
Old 14th June 2011, 16:12   #37
Meto
Established Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1
Meto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy_VTS View Post
So how does he stay banned, for example if he is on a dynamic ip and uses a different email addy surely he could just sign up as tisntandy or whoever and make a load of waffle/bullshit posts, get access to the for sale forum and carry on

Footnote to self...do not buy from anyone in future who has tis or andy in their username
But as has been mentioned, you enter into a deal at your own risk, and by saxp banning him, they have done all they can surely?

If he pops up again with a different IP, that can't really be helped by saxp staff.

Only way to protect yourself is to collect any goods, paypal using goods and not gift, or the extreme way is don't buy/sell anything at all lol
Meto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 16:44   #38
Tammy_VTS
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Phase 2 Saxo VTS
Tammy_VTS can only hope to improve

Quote:
But as has been mentioned, you enter into a deal at your own risk, and by saxp banning him, they have done all they can surely?
d00d it was an observation some people aren't as savvy as others and may not realise that even though saxp has done everything it can they still might end up dealing with a scumbag like tisandy the thief again !!

Quote:
If he pops up again with a different IP, that can't really be helped by saxp staff.
Did I say it could? I just wanted to point out to the unaware that it COULD happen

Quote:
Only way to protect yourself is to collect any goods, paypal using goods and not gift, or the extreme way is don't buy/sell anything at all lol
In that case why bother to have a buy/sell forum at all? I personally have a lot of faith in people but if they are so desperate and want to prove themselves as a lying cheating scum bag (just like tisandy) for the sake of a few hundred quid then go for it but the saying is "what goes around comes around" and people like tisandy always end up getting theirs
Tammy_VTS is offline   Reply With Quote