Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 1st April 2012, 18:24   #1
Rogue_Shadow
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): ZS
Rogue_Shadow is on a distinguished road
Default Plastic Bodywork Damage Advice

Hey Saxp

Managed to be a completed twat and scrape the rear of my Fiesta (First blood)
I know I don't have to, but here's how it happened
Basically had to reverse out of a "give way street" to allow a transit to pass. While reversing back, I didn't notice I had passed a low traffic bollard, it was out of sight and beyond my reversing sensor so Bang
Completely my fault, should of been more cautious and remembered the damn thing was there.

It's hard to make out because of the sun, but it's a graze slightly smaller than a 50p with trails leading away from it. Its got depth and although the picture isn't clear, it has taken the colour off it.

The question is, can this be repaired? I know that touchup work can be done on metal body panels, but this is a plastic panel. Would it be a case of replacing the entire panel or filling and respraying the entire thing?
Any help on the issue would be much appreciated I'm abit of a noob when it comes to this.
Also What sort of price should I expect to pay for a repair?
I'm hoping to look around next week to get it repaired, I know its not a big scratch, but I will know its there and will do my head in

Cheers
The Retarded Reverser

Last edited by Rogue_Shadow; 1st April 2012 at 20:11.
Rogue_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote