Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 5th November 2012, 19:29   #1
hetster

hetster is on a distinguished road
Default disable alrm with key

i am having problems with the central locking / alarm blip.
about 4 weeks ago the unti stopped locking but would unlock so i started to use the key to lock the saxo and use the blip to unlock it.

today the unlock stopped working as well. but to make matters worse the alarm / central locking appears to be attached to the immobolizer so the engine wont start.

i took the blip to an auto electrics and the said the blip works when toucjing a sensor but as soon as there is distance it stops working. so i have spent the last hour moving the blip all arround the car to find the sensor but nothing would unlock it. the auto elecrics place said the only place to get a new key coded was at citroen. i rang them today and they said it would be 150 quid and not garunteed to work.

now in my manual it has 2 pieces of card. 1 with the immobolizer number and one with the remote key. even after giving citroen the key they still said 150 but it may be 80. also in my manual it says to disable the alarm to press the alarm button. but on my saxo vtr (R reg) it doesnt have a button. it has the block with the red light on it like in the diagram but no button to press. it seems strange that using the key to lock the car arms the alarm but unlocking it with the key does not disarm it ONLY the blip seems to disable the alarm. i am not going to pay £150 as the car isnt worth much more than that but the car is about 20 miles from my home and undrivable due to the immobolizer.

a macanic friend gave me a few suggestions on the phone but i cant do any of them yet as i dont know what alarm i have or how to disable it or where it is situated. my friend says to unlock the car and pop the bonnet. whilst the alarm is going off cut one of the wires to the speaker to turn it off. then turn the key in the ignition to 1 before turn over and disconnect the battery then reconnect. he thinks that the combination of the door being open and the ignition being on it may disarm the alarm by default as it should be in an off position in that state. then once back home trace the cut wire back and unplug the whole thing that the cut wire is attached to.

so just wondering if anyone knew of a quick easy fix for this on a citroen saxo VTR (R reg). the central locking blip is on an official citroen keyring and came with the codes on a citroen piece of card. there is no button to turn the alarm off only the blinking red light on the middle row of buttons the only other 2 buttons are heated back window and hazzards. or if anyone knows where the actual reciever is situated so i can maybe get the blip close enough to disarm.

thanks in advance
Carl
hetster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 19:43   #2
hetster

forgot to mention it also has the 2 sensors at each side of the top of the windscreen next to sun visors.
Old 7th November 2012, 11:03   #3
hetster

ok heres where i am at. quite suprised i have had no replies on this as this forum is usualy great. maybe i should have posted in general problems but oh well.

i have removed the battery and unlocked the doors and then put the key in ignition and reconnected the battery to trick the car into thinking the alarm shoul dbe disabled in that state but it didnt work. the alarm enabled itself again within 30 seconds.

i then decided to check to see what alarm i have so proceeded to look under the passenger footwell. upon looking i discovered a wire loose underneath. this was a small gauge double wire with a white plug on the end. i looked at the alarm which is a TEXALARM and noticed a small 2 pin socket on the side but the wire did not fit so thought i was something else. after pulling the alarm out completely i realised the wires went in the bac. at the back of the alarm where 2 banks of about 10 pins for central locking and then another bank of 10 for the actual alarm / immobolizer. next to those where 2 x 2 pin sockets one marked E and one marked R which i assume is reciever / emmiter. anyway the loose wire fit into the spare hole at the back perfectly. so i plugged it all back in but the fob would still not work. i have tried the unlock the door and press twice to reset but still does nothing and the car will still not start. one thing i have noticed now is when the alarm goes off instead of it being 1 long continuous alarm tone for 30 seconds it is now intermittent. i dont know what this means but it is different.

i also had a thought that the small 2 pin on the side doesnt fit anything could be the missing reset / valet button. in the manual it says there is a button to press to disable the alarm. mine doesnt have any.

i have also been informed that the box contains a backup battery for the alarm / immobolizer so that when the battery is removed by a would be thief the alarm can still be operated. i have been told if this backup battery goes that can stop the immobolizer from working.

so my next questions would be
1. does anyone know of sequences i can try to reset the alarm / immobolizer
2. is there a backup battery and if so is it situated in the actual alarm box.
3. is the 2 pin on the side the reset button and if so would jumping it do the same as pressing the reset button.

thanks in advance
carl