Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 16th September 2013, 19:43   #121
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavies View Post
I too am questioning this lol.
If your turning it into a track car shouldn't you be spending your money more on the engine side of things bigger brakes and ov course a roll cage before you go trying to tidy the exterior up, but what's the point trying to tidy it up if its gonna be driven hard on track.
These cost a lot of money and im not sure I have the confidence to change such vital compnents myself. If im going to do it its got to be done properly.

This is why im doing the small fairly straightforward and cheap jobs first.

Yes its going to be a track car but I love these little cars and want to keep it as a forever car. Hence going back to basics and starting over from scratch.

Money doesn't grow on trees little by little
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 19:44   #122
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Going to be quite hard following the countours and circular bits with cardboard.
maybe for a 4 year old yea
its really not hard at all man

or buy some rallye doorcards and retrim them
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 09:29   #123
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

I've had the idea of using play doh lol

That way I can get the bends and everything perfect for the custom doorcards.

This weekend im planning on removing the sunroof. Can anyone recommend me what material/where to buy/a good welder in essex?

Also its looking like im rejoining the army BUT as an uber remf. Can you guess what? Makes sense as I can then retire im 15 years if I so wish and work p/t

Also with 38 days leave a year actually means more time with family and a better wage than at present too. So hopefully progress might speed up
Old 20th September 2013, 12:10   #124
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

You realise pension has changed and you won't get it straight away from retirement?
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 12:51   #125
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I'll have to look into that as I should go back on my old style one.
Old 20th September 2013, 14:35   #126
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Scheme changes over regardless in 2015 unless you have done 12 years or something way I understand it . So you won't go back on old don't think
Old 20th September 2013, 14:40   #127
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Well thats a shit! Maybe the pokiticians should have this happen too...
Old 20th September 2013, 14:47   #128
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

It's still not a bad scheme
Old 21st September 2013, 08:04   #129
Oli-VTR
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Icelandic Grey VTR Mk2
Oli-VTR is on a distinguished road

Uber remf...signals?
Old 21st September 2013, 08:21   #130
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

MPGS I have my reasons. Feel slightly less 'hardcore' now lol

Anyways lets hope I have no problems getting the sunroof off this weekend.
Old 21st September 2013, 09:10   #131
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

As in main gate guys?
Old 21st September 2013, 10:18   #132
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Yeah.

I was hoping I could attach myself to other units that go out on tour but it seems not.
Either way its not too bad as I have a young son so it means I won't be away all the time.
Best of both worlds really. Get to wear the uniform, do a worthy job while still getting most of army benefits and civilian ones.

For now it sounds good. Maybe in a few years I might go do something different maybe even navy/air force.

I get bored of jobs pretty quickly tbh. Infantry I loved but the bullshit at my age is unacceptable and I've had more combat in my 5 years than most blokes will have in their entire careers so can't complain too much.
Old 21st September 2013, 10:21   #133
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Back in topic I may remove the doors to aid working on the car etc.
Is this quite a straightforward work it out yourself job?
Old 21st September 2013, 10:58   #134
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

What does taking off the doors aid?! I don't get what it would help with?

Watch keeping constantly with that tho not sure I could. But with a family suppose it's worth it.

The way you act on here and short tempered the navy isn't for u haha
Old 21st September 2013, 11:20   #135
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Im not actually that short tempered tbh. Im one of those people that will let something build up until I turn green and all hell breaks loose lol

Ref the doors I'll be removing the dash as well as cleaning all the crap off the floors as well as possibly replacing rubbers and also cleaning it all up around there. Its a bit anal for a track car but seeing as I don't think its going to go anywhere near one for at least a year might as well do it.
Old 21st September 2013, 17:54   #136
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Yeah no good for navy. Letting it build and being at sea not able to get away.

So you want to take doors off to get stuff off the floor?! How does your brain work?!
Old 21st September 2013, 18:12   #137
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

The only chance i get to work on the car is at night and the light doesn't get in enough. Also one door will need replacing anyway if i get one cheap and like i said i need to do a lot of cleaning round that area anyway.
Old 25th September 2013, 07:17   #138
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Bumper removed that was held on by 2 bolts!

Time for a clean behind there methinks!

Sunroof removed..

Nice try peugeot shame your idea didn't work!

Nice easy 'mod' thay should have a good effect. Now to find the right material and a welder
Old 25th September 2013, 16:30   #139
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Does anyone know if removing the gluey rubber stuff on the inside make it so that all the metal krap left behind on the inside comes off?
Old 25th September 2013, 18:32   #140
manta
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): '85 Opel Manta '88 Manta GT/E '87 Rayleigh Roadi
manta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Does anyone know if removing the gluey rubber stuff on the inside make it so that all the metal krap left behind on the inside comes off?
In English maybe?
manta is offline   Reply With Quote