Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 5th November 2013, 10:24   #21
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Focus ST & 206 GTI180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
Removed all my swirls with my da6 pro Jamie.

Took 10hrs plus to do so. Long, long day.
Lol il be surprised if there isn't a single swirl left - where did you polish it?

Also I wasn't implying I couldn't just most people with hardly any experience won't remove them all with a dual action. The amount of times I've been to shows and seen supposedly machine polished swirl free cars with loads of swirls. It also depends on the paint hardness, level of defects - pads & polish combo used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuire86 View Post
Well I spent a good 10 hours using the Gtechniq P1 by hand and then using Sonus SFX3 final polish and took out nearly all the swirls so was far from a waste of time.
Maybe some people just need to work on their triceps before writing that method off
Depends on what you consider a waste of time, I consider spending 10 hrs by hand to achieve good results but not perfect a waste of time but if you're happy good luck to you. Lol @ working on triceps who gives a shit guessing you're muscles from Brussels? lol.

ST
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 11:13   #22
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Why would you be suprised? i did it in the drive.. parents wouldnt let me take the wall down so i couldnt do it in the sitting room
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 11:28   #23
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!Jamie is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
Why would you be suprised? i did it in the drive.. parents wouldnt let me take the wall down so i couldnt do it in the sitting room
Surprised you could see all the swirls on silver especially under normal daylight. Did you check it all with a sun gun or equivalent? Or get any before and after shots of correction? It's a shame about the wall that's a bitch that.

ST
Old 5th November 2013, 11:31   #24
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Surprised you could see all the swirls on silver especially under normal daylight. Did you check it all with a sun gun or equivalent? Or get any before and after shots of correction? It's a shame about the wall that's a bitch that.
It's not that hard to spot swirls under direct sunlight jamie come on. you just dont believe me but that's fine.

Last edited by Prickle; 5th November 2013 at 11:36.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2013, 18:17   #25
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Depends on what you consider a waste of time, I consider spending 10 hrs by hand to achieve good results but not perfect a waste of time but if you're happy good luck to you. Lol @ working on triceps who gives a shit guessing you're muscles from Brussels? lol.
That was 10 hours doing the whole process, wash polish sealant wax interior etc, 5 hours split over 2 days. Great results achieved, might not be perfect but Im happy with it. Matter of opinion if you think it's a waste of time or not, just like I think spending hours polishing a Peugeot is a waste of time. Thanks for the good luck, not sure why I need it though..

No I'm not 'muscles from Brussels'. It was a fucking joke. If I was being serious then I would of just said deltoids, triceps, biceps, pronator teres and brachioradialis.

Last edited by McGuire86; 5th November 2013 at 18:20.
McGuire86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 16:44   #26
Jamie
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
That was 10 hours doing the whole process, wash polish sealant wax interior etc, 5 hours split over 2 days. Great results achieved, might not be perfect but Im happy with it. Matter of opinion if you think it's a waste of time or not, just like I think spending hours polishing a Peugeot is a waste of time. Thanks for the good luck, not sure why I need it though..

No I'm not 'muscles from Brussels'. It was a fucking joke. If I was being serious then I would of just said deltoids, triceps, biceps, pronator teres and brachioradialis.
Lol chillll winstaan!

Yeah defo a matter of opinion I'm sure it looks fantastic really just for me polishing by hand for correction is a waste of time but if it works for you it doesn't matter what I think! and yep defo a waste of time on a Peugeot but there is no shame in taking pride in your possessions I'd do it even if it was a van! If you think this is a waste of time I'd hate to think of what you thought of my Saxo haha.

ST
Old 22nd December 2013, 14:26   #27
SaxoKid95
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
SaxoKid95 is on a distinguished road

The best way would to wet sand first then polish it to a deep shine and then wax it, I would use polisher all the way and use a DAS6 pro polishing machine, some go for a rotary machine but that can burn your paint if your not carefull with it.
SaxoKid95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2013, 12:32   #28
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I spent a good 10 hours using the Gtechniq P1 by hand and then using Sonus SFX3 final polish and took out nearly all the swirls so was far from a waste of time.
Maybe some people just need to work on their triceps before writing that method off
did you IPA it afterwards? I bet you've just filled them