Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 16th September 2014, 20:46   #1
chompy_snake
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo Vtr 130k and counting!
chompy_snake is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple engine questions (inc wiring)

Right I have finally got my 1.6 NFZ 8v fitted in to my 1.1 Forte shell (I killed the 1.1).

It was a bitch of a job as I was working on my own with no engine lift, in a garage with a wonky floor!

Basicly I will start with the most annoying problem for me at the moment ... The engine was removed from a 1.6 pug 206 and had air con and pas (pumps are stripped but still on the block), The only way I could have a functional alternator was to leave all of this in place as the 1.1 alternator and bracket won't fit. The issue here is that the pas pump is in the way of the back of the headlight so I need a far smaller bracket .... will the phase 1 VTR alternator bracket fit the NFZ engine as it looks similar to the 1.1 setup (may cause the same problem with fit I think)!

The second problem I have (as you probably guessed) is one of a wiring issue.
The engine I have was supplied with a full loom, but it was a single plug ecu and I have a 3 pin. Plus being from a 206 there is likely squat all chance of it working .... I have tried my best to fit across all of the relevant sensors etc from the 1.1 engine such as throttle position sensor and so on but I am left with some headaches!
The coolant temperature warning lamp is lit all the time even with the 1.1 sensors in place and the second you turn off the ignition, the fan comes on full tilt!
The starter motor will only click when you turn the key, but this is the 1.6 starter motor and I'm not sure whether it's any good or not. Would the 1.1 starter fit and work maybe as I know that is good and works well!

And finally I have an issue with the single brown? wire for I presume the oil temp circuit from my old remote filter housing ... where the hell will that go to as the NFZ engine has the spin on type oil filter, not the remote kind!

I only want to get this engine to the point that it will crank over ... at that point, I will get hold of an unlocked 3 pin VTR ecu (unless by freak chance the 1.1 ecu actually works for this engine which is looking doubtful)!

Any help is massively appreciated, I'm very tired after 3 days of this job, but the grunt work is now done lol! I'm only novice at best with electrics and still very much learning.
Thanks Guys
chompy_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 10:41   #2
chompy_snake
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo Vtr 130k and counting!
chompy_snake is on a distinguished road
Default It all actually works!!

Worked it all out myself .... clever like that I am!

Fan weirdness was just the fact the ecu had shat itself and the engine needed running.

Single brown wire is oil pressure

And the whole thing runs fantastically on the 1.1 ecu ... properly and everything, but I have re purposed all of the 1.1 sensors etc. The road test will tell me better if there are any changes to the ecu needed, but I have a friend who can remap using live data
chompy_snake is offline   Reply With Quote