Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Brakes / Suspension / Transmission / Tyres If you have queries or information to share regarding Saxo braking, suspension, tyres or transmission systems, please discuss this within this forum.

Old 12th November 2014, 10:21   #1
Daremm
L-plater

Daremm is on a distinguished road
Default ABS Brake Light on - Brembo brakes?

Hi,

ABS light is showing on my VTS. Previous owner telling me that it is because Brembo brakes fitted - I think it's got 406 brakes. Is this right or a load of tosh?

According to my local garage, when they plug in diagnostics they can talk to the engine but not the ABS - no communication. Sensors are all fitted correctly.

Thanks,

Darren
Daremm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 11:51   #2
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daremm View Post
Hi,

ABS light is showing on my VTS. Previous owner telling me that it is because Brembo brakes fitted - I think it's got 406 brakes. Is this right or a load of tosh?

According to my local garage, when they plug in diagnostics they can talk to the engine but not the ABS - no communication. Sensors are all fitted correctly.

Thanks,

Darren
Previous owner is talking shite.

ABS sensors use pickup rings on the the driveshafts. You could have no calipers/discs/pads and the ABS system should still self check just fine.

If diags cant see the ABS module then there's a bigger problem - check all wiring for that.

You'll need to check the sensors if everything else looks ok - unfortunately checking the sensors needs an oscilloscope rather than just a multimeter.
Old 12th November 2014, 13:11   #3
Wee_monkey1987
Regular Poster
Central Counties Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): 2000 Saxo Woodland Green VTS, 2002 Mazda MX5
Wee_monkey1987 is on a distinguished road

You'll need a Lexia scanner to talk to the ABS module any normal scanner won't do.

You should be able to do a resistance check on the sensors using a multimeter although without figures to check against its pretty meaningless if you have more than one sensor at fault.

Also (bit of longshot) but its worth checking the previous owner hasn't replaced the driveshafts for none ABS shafts during a service. ABS shafts have teeth at the wheel hub end which the sensor picks up via a induction type sensor, effectively the same principle as a crankshaft sensor only without some teeth missing to represent TDC.

Chances are is very likely a sensor it out of tolerance/faulty giving you the ABS light on the dash.
Wee_monkey1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 16:54   #4
johnnyg_vts
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): 2002 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
johnnyg_vts will become famous soon enoughjohnnyg_vts will become famous soon enough

Here you go dude, brilliant fix...

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=407384
johnnyg_vts is offline   Reply With Quote